• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

So many things. Poor spelling and grammar, the word 'squished' in place of the correct 'squashed', overuse of the word 'literally', the media fawning over Man Utd, people wanting depth in films instead of just enjoying something as entertainment, slow drivers, queues, bright lights and sudden loud noises.

Most of all, the sound of someone eating.

Socks.

Is...is this even in English?? o_O:tearsofjoy:

Oh god yes, 'teen slang'! Especially when used by those old enough (or more importantly, educated enough!) to know better.

Currently, the word 'bae' makes me want to shout at the perpetrator! Unless it refers to British Aerospace/BAE Systems.

Oh god yes, 'teen slang'! Especially when used by those old enough (or more importantly, educated enough!) to know better.

Currently, the word 'bae' makes me want to shout at the perpetrator! Unless it refers to British Aerospace/BAE Systems.

Bae?

This is a big problem in Sheffield, mostly because the clueless halfwits in the Council closed the few clean ones in Town years ago, the few that are left are so unhygienic that even if you're desperate for a wee, or even worse, the other end, you hold it till you either get Home or go in a Cafe or somewhere, only thing with that is that most Cafes have a thing about you using their Facilities without buying something in between, some even charge for access to the Toilets.
get a RADAR key and itll give you and other UKers access to most disabled toilets-these are often the cleanest as theyre locked up so dont get messed with in between piddles/craps.
although in shops/cinemas etc the disabled toilets are often open to anyone,and my sister has caught two people shagging in the disabled toilet at the asda store she works at,not quite what the toilet is designed for.

get a RADAR key and itll give you and other UKers access to most disabled toilets-these are often the cleanest as theyre locked up so dont get messed with in between piddles/craps.
although in shops/cinemas etc the disabled toilets are often open to anyone,and my sister has caught two people shagging in the disabled toilet at the asda store she works at,not quite what the toilet is designed for.

My Mum has a radar key. In Cardiff at least, you have to have/be eligible for a blue badge before the council will give you one. That's gross that your sister had to see that @toothless :eek:

I thought it was just a lazy way of saying 'baby'.

According to Urban Dictionary:

Bae:
"Before Anyone Else" Or another way to say babe or baby.

1. She's my bae, I don't know what I would do without her.

Whatever its origins, it is bloody annoying. How much more tongue action does it take to say 'babe'!? And what's wrong with just saying 'best friend', 'girlfriend', 'partner', or whatever? It makes me angry, especially as I've grown up with it meaning British Aerospace (albeit with a capital A too).

Whatever its origins, it is bloody annoying. How much more tongue action does it take to say 'babe'!? And what's wrong with just saying 'best friend', 'girlfriend', 'partner', or whatever? It makes me angry, especially as I've grown up with it meaning British Aerospace (albeit with a capital A too).

Just another aspect of "Texting Language". No doubt our dystopian future will involve a time when English is reduced to sentences with only acronyms.

But please Hollywood, spare us the movie script made in the present! :eek:

Yes, it's pure laziness. I detest the word 'babe' too though!

Just another aspect of "Texting Language". No doubt our dystopian future will involve a time when English is reduced to sentences with only acronyms.

But please Hollywood, spare us the movie script made in the present! :eek:

I was in highschool when mobile phones first started to be the thing you had to have as a teenager, in the early 2000's. Everyone used short text language, and yet (pretty much) all of the people I know of my generation stopped with the advent of phones with qwerty keyboards and even more so when autocorrect came about. Although I still do find autocorrect to be 'ducking' annoying sometimes ;)

My Mum has a radar key. In Cardiff at least, you have to have/be eligible for a blue badge before the council will give you one. That's gross that your sister had to see that @toothless :eek:
thats awful xudo,why do cardiff politicians councils assume you have to be so severely disabled enough to use the RADAR toilets? perhaps its because of the quite recent issue of normies selling RADAR keys on ebay.
but lots of people need them for different reasons and dont have blue badges,some disabled children and adults need it because they require an accompanying person to be in the cubicle with them,its common for aspies and auties to need them because of issues with noise from the hand dryers in those blocks of regular toilets.

i know in england at least,the only criteria for getting a RADAR key is being on DLA/PIP.

oh god,i know @xudo it made me feel mega gross when she told me, id have pissed my self laughing at them like a little child if id have caught them,i shall never understand humans interest in sex for as long as i shall live,people are weird,get a room guys!!! just not that one.

What annoys me most is when I use a word I hate ironically, and then it somehow sneaks its way into my vocabulary until one day I catch myself saying the word without ironic intent. Not with the examples you guys gave though. I'm too old for that :p

Is that a thing? Cool.

My hands frustrate me. They are so full of scars. I bump into everything. I put them into things on purpose sometimes too. They look like I'm part Dalmatian.

Funny they say a dog and owner tend to look a like. My little bull is white with black polka-dots.

It really annoys me when young people use the F-word so much in everyday conversation. They act like it is OK to talk like that in mixed company or around little ears. Well, it is not OK!!!

It really annoys me when young people use the F-word so much in everyday conversation. They act like it is OK to talk like that in mixed company or around little ears. Well, it is not OK!!!

To me they come across as immature and trying too hard to be seen as tough or cool. Same with older people who do that.

To me they come across as immature and trying too hard to be seen as tough or cool. Same with older people who do that.

I swear. ALOT. Its not intentional, its just how I talk. I try not to do it around little people or elderly people, but sometimes it slips out. Its especially worse if I'm angry or excitable.

Having a cold.

I wanted to go to the cinema tonight to watch Kong: Skull Island but I don't feel well because I've got a cold. Also, I've learned from experience that paying good money to watch a film when someone behind you is sniffling, snorting or blowing their nose every few minutes is really irritating and downright rude.

As such, I'm not going to subject other moviegoers to the same treatment.

New Threads

Top Bottom