• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wearing clothes in my country

Aspergers_Aspie

I am currently wearing a mostly red t-shirt, it has some white on it. Complete coincidence I am in a bar for a drink, I didn't even know Scotland are playing Denmark in football. But due to my dress code a couple of people assumed I must be supporting Denmark, I don't care who wins. In Scotland too, if someone wears maroon, green or blue assumptions are made that they have are wearing those clothes for football reasons. Why can't seone wear clothes as they don't care about football or just coincidence.

Er... does it really matter?

I mean, if someone makes an assumption because theyr'e into sports, it merely means they're into sports... that's all.

...Why can't seone wear clothes as they don't care about football or just coincidence.

So you don't run into problems if you happen to be wearing the wrong colors for the location. It tends to only go for certain locations however, like the stadium, pubs on game nights, etc.

When I enter the local sports bar I'm focused only on one thing, and it's not what I'm wearing at any given time.

It's all about fish n chips and nothing else. Ok, their Reuben Sandwiches are pretty good too. :cool:

Never a problem here...though I know for some of my Ulster relatives just saying the wrong thing in a Falls Road pub can get you into a lot of trouble. :eek:

Last edited:
1) stay out of bars

Or

2) Wear a solid white or black t-shirt, or even gray. Should be okay with that. A plaid button down in multicolor would be safe too.

That's Europe for you. I saw a bunch of fans leave a soccer match in England, the male patrons went crazy exiting the stadium. They had so much adrenaline, they were climbing statues, jumping around. I was amazed.

Happens here, too.
Fans gone wild after Superbowl-2021, Tampa, FL
ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.png

Never understood how people go so crazy over their 'balls'!

I don't follow any sport, but if I had to choose one it would definitely not be football.

"Soccer is a gentleman's game played by hooligans, and rugby is a hooligans' game played by gentlemen" - Winston Churchill.

The behaviour out of some of the players and fans. The violence associated with it, the football hooligan. To start a fight with someone solely for supporting or being perceived to support a different team. No thank you.

When I enter the local sports bar I'm focused only on one thing, and it's not what I'm wearing at any given time.

It's all about fish n chips and nothing else. Ok, their Reuben Sandwiches are pretty good too. :cool:

Never a problem here...though I know for some of my Ulster relatives just saying the wrong thing in a Falls Road pub can get you into a lot of trouble. :eek:

Well, I would not what to walk into a sports bar there on October 2, wearing blue and orange. At least the Wolf Pack has to play up here this year.

Not everyone who is homeless is under the influence of drink or/and drugs sometimes. But some homeless people are prone to these addictions. Earlier today I was approached by a homeless person who asked me if my item of clothing meant I was a hearts fan, (hearts football club play in maroon). But people under the influence of a substance can be very aggressive. And yes not all homeless people are aggressive. I don't care about what colours I wear and I exercise my right to wear any coloured clothes I like. Maybe the Scottish Governemnt should have information films about warning the public that they cant wear blue or green in scotland especially in the west or cant wear green or maroon in Edinburgh.

Well, I would not what to walk into a sports bar there on October 2, wearing blue and orange. At least the Wolf Pack has to play up here this year.

All's well that ends well. Surely a shock for Boise. ;)

My advice would be try not to mention religions or politics in Scotland or north Ireland, particularly west Scotland. And don't wear green blue or maroon.

New Threads

Top Bottom