• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Watching the same video over and over again

ZackSkylar101

Does anyone else watch the same things repeatedly? Currently I have found an awesome Doctor Who music video (Called Fade, I would paste it in here but it keeps on wanting to put the video up and I don't want to do that to this post XD) that I must have listened to around thirty times in the last twenty four hours. Generally I seem to jump from one thing that I watch (or listen) to repeatedly to another thing, so if I give it a few more days then I will be away from this video I imagine. But at the same time, at the moment it is awesome :D

Does anyone else find that you view one video, listen to one song, or watch one TV episode/film and then have to watch it again a load more times?

I'm unfortunately different in that respect I can watch things again but I have a near idetic memory with Film & TV so I try not to as my wife hates the fact that once I've watched a program the next time even years later I can say what's coming next. My wife who is NT hates it lol.
Music I go through phases. I'm currently wearing Metalica's black album out

I can easily listen to a song or album twenty times in a row if I'm into it. I've been playing Damn Yankees - High Enough quite a bit the past few days. I try to be careful if I've got it just on the speakers instead of my headphones. I've never had a complaint from anybody, but I don't want to annoy them with whatever my current short-term song obsession is.

i listen to pretty much all the same music and videos over and over again. other than youtube content which always has fresh content i will watch TV shows, movies, or listen to songs multiple times. when listening to music i may listen to a whole album multiple times or listen to the same song on different albums but by the same band so its slightly different. i tend to recycle my content every so often espically with TV shows. i love to marathon shows, like i have watched the entire series of the simpsons about 3 times in full. dragon ball z 4 times, 2005+ Doctor who atleast 3 times (just in the past 2 years) and Firefly atleast 6 times. its not quite the same as what you did especially short term but repetitive actions are def common and dont just extend to short term :p

and as for Giraffesec i do just want to say i share your pain. i have a very good memory (not idetic but still good, especially with small details.) and my partners and friends dislike that i remember shows well and such and watch the same things over and over again. although one partner loved it because it ment i could watch things by myself and still be super excited to watch it again because i love to watch things over and over again

My kids do it a lot, not the same video, but the same part of it... I cant complain at all because I can do it more than 30 times. :p
Hm... when I was a teen, I watched the movie Titanic with my teacher, with my classmates and again with my mother (theater was in other city). :rolleyes:
Some time later, I had the sound track, piano sheets and a tape ( it was before the CD thing) with just "that" music. :D
My mother until now remember that "time of hell"... hahahaha :D

i'm reading the same book and can remember it almost word by word. have been reading it for a year and a half and starting to get tired of it. white oleander.

Awesome. That all sounds fair. I get that with the eidetic memory stuff. I wouldn't say I have an eidetic memory, however I have a really good ability to be able to look at pictures once and then be able to recreate them in great detail in my head, and with all of the videos and TV shows I watch I can remember them in pretty much perfect detail (a good example is in this Doctor Who episode I can reference where each of the images and quotes come from in terms of series and episode numbers.) I do enjoy marathon showing (Doctor Who I just started again, I think I must have watched it all of the ones I have three times already). Music I get as well, I find a song I like and listen to that again and again.

I don't think I find anyone complaining about it, but I think I only watch things with other people in specific situations, and the person who I watch things with the most is probably my Mother, who is not completely focussed on what is happening so uses me to remind her of what is happening, where it comes in kind of handy :D

I watch films I like over and over, must've seen Highlander, Terminator, Alien and many more, I'd guess getting on for 100 times.
Music, I listen to between 1 and 3 songs repeatedly; right now I've been playing the main theme from the new Spiderman film for over a week.. just that, nothing else.
Always keep the headfones in though, my family used to complain when I was a kid and did it; I used to collect TV show themes on cassette tape, memorize the intro words and play the music endlessly.
I always thought I was just weird :confused:

Music, yes. There are a few songs I often put on repeat.

Movies, no. I tend to remember every detail, so there is no motivation to watch it again.

As a teenager and young adult, I watched Grease, Interview with the Vampire and Girl, Interrupted at least a dozen times each. I'd get on a kick and watch the same movie repeatedly for a week or two. There are some movies where I can close my eyes and "watch" them from beginning to end in my mind's eye.

I don't buy DVDs so they can simply take up space in my bookcases!

If I buy it, it usually means I will enjoy it over and over and over. Even more so when I discover something I had missed in earlier viewings. I can appreciate film or television the same as a great piece of art.

Does this make me strange ? Frankly I don't care if it does. :cool:

Does anyone else find that you view one video, listen to one song, or watch one TV episode/film and then have to watch it again a load more times?
Yes, with music and some books. Some things are just so awesome, the good feelings don't fade after the second, fifth, the tenth time, and when they do fade, after putting it away and coming back to it after a few years, it's almost like experiencing it for the first time again.

The short answer is yes. I honestly don't know how many times I've run through the previous episodes of Sofia The First while waiting for the new ones to start (they tend to show new episodes several weeks in a row and then break for a month or more). I've also run through the entire series of Daria multiple times and run through the entire series of As Told By Ginger at least twice. I don't know how many times I've watched Star Wars. I lost count years ago.

I watched the original Star Wars so many times I knew the script!

Babylon V, Dr Who, Battlestar Galactica (new version) and any pre 60's musicals all get re-runs with me.

Same with books, currently re-reading the Spinward Fringe series for the fourth time.

I am a creature of habit.

I've always been like that. I'll hear a song I really really love and I'll listen to nothing but that song for a day or two before I get bored of it. There are certain things (currently Phantom Of The Opera) that I've been watching frequently and listening to for months that I'm still not bored of though haha

I'm doing that right now. I'm listening to "Kill Me" by The Pretty Reckless over and over and over while I work. It'll be an all day thing.

Oh my God, yes!!

I watch the same 5 music videos EVERY DAY.
After a while (I mean several months), I get tired of them and gradually switch to the next five. It's interesting how I always think that I'll never get tired of that music, how it's perfect for my taste, but when I look back I actually hate it a bit.

I also watched Machinist around 10 times.

I don't know. Seeing the pictures of what Christian Bale did to himself kinda makes me not want to see it. I respect people who are dedicated to their craft, but there comes a point where they take it too far, ya know? No movie is worth sacrificing your life (which he could have very easily done).

New Threads

Top Bottom