• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Watching the same cartoons series for months

I used to really focus on the Back to the Future series when I was a teenager. I would first watch them on TV, and even that was later than most people have. Then I would get the DVD set and just watch the films over, and over, and over...again, each and every day for a brief period of time. I'm extremely picky about things; food, movies, and like I said in an earlier post, games, being near the top of the list. People make movie suggestions to me and I tend to say no (a.k.a. perhaps someday) to a lot of those. Not TV shows, however - but in the past I used to be picky about those as well. My mother even asked me why I'm watching the same films so many times. I also happen to be a picky listener? I only listen to oldies music, hardly any contemporary - but that might only be because I don't like contemporary style; there's no melody, and oftentimes it's like they're just uttering, and not singing, the lyrics. I didn't even remember my Back to the Future obsession when I posted about playing only one or two games at a time, it was so long ago.

I still do this. I like to be completely emerged in a single series, literally been there, done that and buy a t-shirt every time. It just works for me, I can watch a series, then repeat over and over. With so much sensory overload in the world it grounds me. Also fuels my imagination, with a stable framework I can immerse myself entirely in that world and make my own series up. I also use it as an escape when I need a break, a time out from the world.

I tend to binge-watch the same show or two throughout the week, sometimes switching to a new show the following week.

-Austin

New Threads

Top Bottom