• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Umm...hi?

Nerelda

Self-diagnosed Aspie here. When my best friend came to me and told me she had finally been diagnosed as an Aspie, I began reading up on it so I could be sure to understand what it meant in general and what it meant for her. (she's like a sister to me and I would do just about anything for her) The more I read, the more I started thinking "OMG that's me too." I wasn't looking to find things about myself. I always knew I was odd and different. I just thought it was the normal depression mixed with bits of anxiety. I started making notes about what I read and how it interpreted into my life; even on things I never actually realized until I read from other aspies that it wasn't "normal."

I'm 33, married, no kids (but we hope to someday). My husband has no idea about the aspies world and my self-diagnosis. He wouldn't understand.

cardfrontowl1.jpg

Self-diagnosed Aspie here. When my best friend came to me and told me she had finally been diagnosed as an Aspie, I began reading up on it so I could be sure to understand what it meant in general and what it meant for her. (she's like a sister to me and I would do just about anything for her) The more I read, the more I started thinking "OMG that's me too." I wasn't looking to find things about myself. I always knew I was odd and different. I just thought it was the normal depression mixed with bits of anxiety. I started making notes about what I read and how it interpreted into my life; even on things I never actually realized until I read from other aspies that it wasn't "normal."

I'm 33, married, no kids (but we hope to someday). My husband has no idea about the aspies world and my self-diagnosis. He wouldn't understand.

Hi and welcome!

I came here for the exact reason you did - to better understand a friend and their diagnosis... and I also came to the conclusion I am an aspie.

Same as you, I read more and more and saw what others were saying about themselves and saw things I could have written about myself.

I also have anxiety and depression, have done for as long as I can remember and again always thought it was just who I was.

I've always thought I was a bit "off" because I struggle to make friends - people just don't seem to like me.

Lots of little things I thought were just "normal" or part of my personality now make more sense.

same for me, my son was officially diagnosed, so I started to read up on it to better understand him. Came across an article about AS in adults, started reading it and went, that's me, that's me, that's me........

Hi and welcome!

I found this place also when I was researching my daughter's diagnosis and things started falling into place.

hi nerelda,welcome to AC and the spectrum.
if you get diagnosed it might make it easier to aproach your husband and show you are officially of a different neurotype. you could also get him some books about women with ASD,it might help him understand you.

i hope AC is useful and friendly for you;self diagnosed autists are always welcome,i find AC to be the best and most accepting autism community on the internet.
im in the severe/moderate range of classic autism but relate to aspies in a lot of ways.

Hello nerelda I'm streetwise

Hello nerelda I'm streetwise the thing I don't like about diagnosis is all they said was asd not where doesn't help I'm 47 so I'm going to have to support myself nothing new there
I think it's aspergers syndrome don't like that name as Hans asperger is now considered a nazi /anti semitic
His family deny it .
My family were alright about it
Think some of my family are autistic
I wouldn't want children as I know how hard autism is .
Welcome to the planet autism .
Stopping

New Threads

Top Bottom