• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trying to sleep? Use your phone

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
So, I am really avid about sleeping, well, trying to get to sleep, whether it is for getting back on schedule or for an appointment. If I'm desperate I just take some advil PM or something OTC, but for more indirect approaches, i use meditation apps or binaural beats. (Google is your friend.) Theres one app you can get called Atmosphere, it's full of soundscapes you can toggle and customize, and it works great.

Not trying to advertise, i just want to be helpful somehow. I didnt know where else to put this.

Yes. I need that type of music to sleep well also.
It can also be found on You Tube and some cable channels have a station with nothing but that type
of music along with nice scenic photos. My cable station calls it soundscapes.
I keep it on the TV all day when I'm working around in the house and to fall asleep to.
I don't have a smart phone for the app, but, that would be good too.
I also have CDs of that type of relaxing sounds.

I can literally sleep through anything.

It would literally take a VERY loud explosion to wake me up once I take my hearing aid out and my head hits the Pillow.

I finally live in a place where I can sleep well. In the winter I've got the hum of the pellet stove fans with the periodic tinking of pellets as they fall. In the summer I open the windows and I hear the crickets and frogs from the woods.

I sleep with pink noise playing on my laptop through my tv with the screen on dark.

I cant sleep without music, however, I listen to techno/drum n base. I know, I know, you're thinking 'how could that be restful!?', but for my autistic/ADHD brain, its what calms me down!

New Threads

Top Bottom