• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trying to find someone who feels like I do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empathy is a concept that our brains are not even capable of understanding.

This statement alone makes it abundantly clear that you know very little about autism or autistic people. No wonder you have a low opinion of autistic people, including yourself if the sources you get your information from include misinformation like this.

Please take some time to learn about autism from the inside - from other people who don't hate themselves and maybe learn to love who you are.

Your statement that you don't have empathy is contradictory since you believe you know what other people are thinking about you. Either you know what other people feel and think about you because you have empathy, or you don't have empathy and your ideas of their thoughts are nought but your imagination.

Why do you seek people who hate themselves as much as you? Because it makes you feel alone - you know your self-loathing is misplaced but rather than fixing it you seek to confirm it by finding another like you so you can share your misery. You seek an empathetic connection with someone who thinks like you do.

There are some nasty, ignorant and intolerant people who treat autistics badly because they learned all they know about us from the same messed up sources you did. Those places are wrong - VERY wrong, and I can point to thousands of kind, intelligent, empathetic, happy autistic people with jobs, families and plenty of love in their lives that prove it all wrong.

If your paranoia has not gone too far then please take some time to passively observe REAL autistic people, not these twisted fantasy autists you've heard about, and you'll soon learn how wrong the ideas you have picked up are, and realise you can love yourself for what you are. If you are unable to do that then please seek help from a mental health professional in regard to your real problems.

In the meantime, please address us respectfully. We are people with feelings, dignity and pride. When you talk of autistic people in the way you have so far you insult us all. We would like to help you get better, to dig yourself out of this black hole.you have dug for yourself, so please treat us as the thinking, feeling people we are, not the sub-human monsters you have created in your imagination.

you mostly obsess over it for the first few years after dx, all those 'what ifs' and mourning for your 'loss' is part of the process.

As far as how I feel about others on the spectrum? Less judgemental toward them then just very uncomfortable, frightened and concerned about what they might do and my safety and the safety of those around them.

I also think "oh no that's terrible!" In the way i would feel to find out someone had cancer or something.

But mostly I don't want to be alone with them, let them near anyone vulnerable or anything thing that could be dangerous.

It's like "he has autism. Keep a damn close eye on him. Don't ever let yourself be alone. Make sure he gets no access to anything like a gun"

As far as how I feel about others on the spectrum? Less judgemental toward them then just very uncomfortable, frightened and concerned about what they might do and my safety and the safety of those around them.

I also think "oh no that's terrible!" In the way i would feel to find out someone had cancer or something.

But mostly I don't want to be alone with them, let them near anyone vulnerable or anything thing that could be dangerous.

It's like "he has autism. Keep a close eye on him. Don't ever let yourself be alone. Make sure he gets no access to anything like a gun"

Are you a troll? Not sure why else you’d be posting on an autism thread that we’re all a bunch of volatile psychos.

Why on Earth do you think such horrible thoughts about us? Have you any idea how many of us are parents? Have you ever been exposed to the kindness and truth that you feel whilst in the company of others like yourself?
The nicest people I have ever met are autistic. People who have never tried to deceive me or mistreat me. People who treat me as an equal and both trust and can be trusted. Rarely do I find such a plethora of honourable and respectable qualities in people not on the spectrum.
Your ideas are completely and utterly the opposite of my experience. You speak of us like we are psychologically unstable and dangerous, when in fact most of us are far more stable and predictable than the average person in the street.

I ask you again. Please stop insulting us all, but also share with us who told you all this sickening nonsense? Was it the person who diagnosed you? Your parents? Did you get it off the internet? If so, which site?

There was one other person who posted here with similar thoughts, but I can't now recall their username. But at least you're not alone! Unless, of course, you're that person and you've just made another account.

Maybe there were two others?

Either way, your situation is not unique.

It's a symptom of a set of delusions. As you correct these delusions, you'll start to feel better. Paying close attention to many of the great posts on this thread could be a start.

It's like "he has autism. Keep a damn close eye on him. Don't ever let yourself be alone. Make sure he gets no access to anything like a gun"
You’re very arrogant ,have you ever looked up the records of people Who have committed crimes !do you know what percentage of them are neuro typical ,frankly I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near you!

I now feel like going out and slaying 12 dozen donuts. l think l have Autistic donut psychosis. What does everybody think ? Psych Ward? Go easy on me!

Understand you feel like you don't belong. l felt that way for along time. Then l just dumped that belief. Alot of people are insecure, it's a universal theme used in many movies, books. I didn't like myself because l decided to rate myself, which in essence was just a insecure thing to do. Then l decided to accept myself (warts, farts, donut obsessions).

Last edited:
REMINDER

This forum does not tolerate insults, personal attacks,
flaming, trolling, baiting, or discrimination based on
neurology.

If you come across something you find offensive or believe breaks the rules, report it to a member of staff using the Report button. Do not reply to the thread. If you are having a problem with another member of the forums, you may contact a member of staff via Private Message about it.

General Rules & Guidelines

really it's based on psychological evidence that studies. If you want to see you a place where you can find basically all that information linked, you should check out heartless Aspergers.org

really it's based on psychological evidence that studies. If you want to see you a place where you can find basically all that information linked, you should check out heartless Aspergers.org
If you are seeking help from these kind and supportive people, it would serve you best to listen to what they say instead of drawing on your own negativity.

You gotta think a bit about what your saying man! You are responsible for your words and choices.

Where does this idea that those with Autism are a threat to the safety of others come from? It's not based in reality, get to know the people here instead of prejudging and you will discover that much of what Autism was claimed to be isn't true. In fact it's the opposite, despite major contributions to tech and science right down to the phones we use Autistic people have been treated terribly by society. It is time for that to change, be part of that for you will find peace for yourself there too.

probably was expecting a sociably acceptable answer

Donuts are socially acceptable! If l eat a donut alone in the forest, is there any sound?

If the pharma industry can convince everyone that we are fruitloops, then they would become richer than they already are, so l am going to ignore heartless Aspergers site. Apologies to anybody from Fruitville.

Last edited:
Donuts are socially acceptable! If l eat a donut alone in the forest, is there any sound?

If the pharma industry can convince everyone that we are fruitloops, then they would become richer than they already are, so l am going to ignore heartless Aspergers site.
never even bothered to visit the site im not a deluded autist

The site you have quoted is a well known autism hate group. They exist solely to spread disinformation and prejudice and have no credibility whatsoever. Surely you've looked further than that, or are you basing your entire view of what you are on the deranged ravings of a bunch of self important bigots?

You might as well say you hate yourself for being black because you read a Ku Klux Klan website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom