• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thursday night autism party

What you say?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Why is it empty here on a Friday night? When did you pretenders decide you have weekend engagements?

I'm definitely a pretender. I voted that I'd come but then didn't say a word. Mind you it was Friday here, then. Now it's Saturday, day.

Why did you fake-attend my party? At least we're partying now. Woooooo.
I have this habit of well-meaningly commiting and then finding I've overcommitted and I'm not capable of following through.

My man friend had just returned from visiting his family of origin and was very hungry for my attention (sorry to "rub it in", I'm not meaning to).

And my oldest son turned up too. And I was very tired that day.

I read through most of the thread and had a bit of a chuckle about some of it, so technically I did attend.

I was just the quiet weird woman in the corner with wild hair and an enigmatic aura.

Good, good, good. I shall enter you into the log as having been present, and all social debits against you shall be cleared, but just this once.

Probably "hippy" is technically more accurate. I have always been a "flower child".
If you want to kick up the party intensity completely overboard, to levels of "Hi, how are you doing?", I was thinking about launching an expedition to voice-chat-land to find out what you lovely weirdos look like.

Hmmmm. Shy and socially avoidant me kicks in.

I might, at some stage, but, the last few years had me rather burnt and slightly more socially traumatized from video group chats, so I'll need to work through that first.

Hmmmm. Shy and socially avoidant me kicks in.

I might, at some stage, but, the last few years had me rather burnt and slightly more socially traumatized from video group chats, so I'll need to work through that first.

I've become kind of inured to things way more terrible than looking like a dufus on camera, so the prospect of company takes precedence. Oh, well. I'm enjoying your posts, though.

I've decided to begin spreading a rumor that autism was invented by The Great Aspergillis who was sent down from Mount Olympus to light a fire of awkwardness among the people of earth, kind of like Pandora or Prometheus, and everywhere he went, there followed bouts of poor physical coordination and stuttering.

By the time anything that dumb is funny, contemplate the level of depression translated into desperation.

IMG_4358.jpeg

hey, listen! /ref

Aspergillus is one genus of many of what is commonly known as a mold. How’s that for a nerd from the other side of campus (life sciences to all you math and physics people.)

I’m not much for parties and was feeling much like Aurora in not knowing what was going on and in any case I can’t keep up with the wit.

Aspergillus is one genus of many of what is commonly known as a mold. How’s that for a nerd from the other side of campus (life sciences to all you math and physics people.)

I’m not much for parties and was feeling much like Aurora in not knowing what was going on and in any case I can’t keep up with the wit.
Incidentally, mold is what social interaction makes me feel like!

New Threads

Top Bottom