• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thursday night autism party

What you say?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
I really never did grow up, and when you pare off all the trappings of a world I don't at all value or consider myself a part of, I'm hiding stuff like the lamentation of the fact that I'm constantly alone. One thing I'm glad of, though, is that if that world was the only space available to grow into, I'm glad I didn't.

EDIT: WOOOOO. Crushingly depressive autism party.

Anyone caught issuing more than one vote in the poll will be punished by being required to yell "WOOOooooo".

Admittedly, the world kind of sucks sometimes. That's why we're partying, right?

I think being open and vulnerable about these things is a positive, and I see nothing wrong with hiding from the world if you can get away with it, either! May the party take on your burden so that we can ascend together, if that is our mission. If not, party on either way :D

Admittedly, the world kind of sucks sometimes. That's why we're partying, right?

I think being open and vulnerable about these things is a positive, and I see nothing wrong with hiding from the world if you can get away with it, either! May the party take on your burden so that we can ascend together, if that is our mission. If not, party on either way :D
I actually really appreciate this comment, because I was worried that my complaining has been often too bitter. It probably is. But, I hope I start to calm down a bit given the opportunity to get things off my chest. Things have been extremely upsetting lately, but I should look on the bright side. Know thyself is an important maxim, and I think I just never understood who I am until I found that people the world over treat me the same way. It's really startling and bizarre that some of the most truthful people about who I am were kids who I ignored because they were being mean intentionally. They were right, though, I guess. I am a nerd, and it just took me 44 years to realize that it means something socially devastating. None of us earthlings have much introspection, but it sucks extra to be in the minority, and here we are.

As a nerd myself, I'd like to mention that I don't think there's anything wrong with being a nerd (or having any type of social deficit), and there are a lot of nerds on the boards here as well, meaning that we're in good company!

Being bullied definitely does suck, though, and it stings so much more when we're young. I can attest to the idea that even not being mercilessly bullied based on nerdery or social awkwardness can lead to similar outcomes, FWIW. Sometimes just living without knowing you're on the spectrum for long enough can do it, and probably even simply having ASD in a neurotypically-dominated world without proper resources, I'd imagine.

But honestly, that makes some people really unique, too. Or maybe they're just so unique that 'normal' people find them strange, because being a round peg in a square hole can look funny to outsiders. At least you're not alone, if that helps at all, and you're certainly good to vent around these parts :)

As a nerd myself, I'd like to mention that I don't think there's anything wrong with being a nerd (or having any type of social deficit), and there are a lot of nerds on the boards here as well, meaning that we're in good company!

Being bullied definitely does suck, though, and it stings so much more when we're young. I can attest to the idea that even not being mercilessly bullied based on nerdery or social awkwardness can lead to similar outcomes, FWIW. Sometimes just living without knowing you're on the spectrum for long enough can do it.

But honestly, that makes some people really unique, too. Or maybe they're just so unique that 'normal' people find them strange, because being a round peg in a square hole can look funny to outsiders. At least you're not alone, if that helps at all, and you're certainly good to vent around these parts :)

That's very kind. I do keep saying it, I'm happy and satisfied with myself. Please to meet me, if I do say so myself. I can even see how I'd enjoy it, but it involves the theory that there are companions around somewhere, so that's why I came by.

Now that's what I call a partying attitude.

(this song placement is intentionally bad, cheesy, and horrible!)

IMG_3680.jpeg

Now that's what I call a partying attitude.

(this song placement is intentionally bad, cheesy, and horrible!)
lol. I didn't think that pop style was typical of Andrew W.K. I've heard of him before, but I'd never listened to him. He looks like Trent Reznor raised a clone of himself and taught him to make ironic metal pop songs for college kids.

lol. I didn't think that pop style was typical of Andrew W.K. I've heard of him before, but I'd never listened to him. He looks like Trent Reznor raised a clone of himself and taught him to make ironic metal pop songs for college kids.

The 'lore' is even worse than that! I think he does motivational speaking now, and his music is even poppier now than it was then. There's also an absurd rabbit hole about ghostwriter allegations and his music, too.

I'm embarrassed that I even know that much about the guy, lol

The 'lore' is even worse than that! I think he does motivational speaking now, and his music is even poppier now than it was then. There's also an absurd rabbit hole about ghostwriter allegations and his music, too.

I'm embarrassed that I even know that much about the guy, lol
It's not bad, I'm just not sure what style he was going for; it seems kind of contradictory.

At the risk of being the weird one, but: Is there an actual party for autistic people planned? Or are you guys joking around? I honestly don't know what is going on and it seems funny either way, but have no idea what's happening......... Thanks for a clarification!

At the risk of being the weird one

Trust me, you are not the weird one here (unless you want to be!). Otherwise, that's me!

This thread is the metaphorical party! We've got a mosh pit (don't worry, it's slow-motion and padded so nobody can sustain any injuries) and everything! And to think, none of this would've happened without our awesome host!

Trust me, you are not the weird one here (unless you want to be!). Otherwise, that's me!

This thread is the metaphorical party! We've got a mosh pit (don't worry, it's slow-motion and padded so nobody can sustain any injuries) and everything! And to think, none of this would've happened without our awesome host!
Ooooooooh, I see. Thank you for explaining. Feeling a bit stupid right now, but it's an awesome idea:D

At the risk of being the weird one, but: Is there an actual party for autistic people planned? Or are you guys joking around? I honestly don't know what is going on and it seems funny either way, but have no idea what's happening......... Thanks for a clarification!
I was going for satire and self-parody.

I am just going to hang out like a virtual beetroot in the virtual kitchen of this party then. Don't mind me. Please, don't.

I am just going to hang out like a virtual beetroot in the virtual kitchen of this party then. Don't mind me. Please, don't.
You're welcome to hang out in the kitchen and organize the letter-magnets on the refrigerator into profound philosophical commentary while everyone else goes wild.

I remember when I was very young, and we had all kinds of parties, a lot of us always ended up in the kitchen. It seemed to draw us in, maybe as a kind of safe space. We did not arrange fridge magnets literally, but we probably sounded like we did. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom