• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thinking out of the box

Funny to think that reliance upon AI may reflect where thinking is abandoned with just a few key strokes.

Kind of like rubbing the bottle to wake up that genie. The genie may come out of the bottle, but the thought process that got him there was still inside the box.

Great metaphor, "The Time Machine". Future infrastructure, but without intellect.

Last edited:
Instead of seeing all the stuff I do outside the box, people just think I'm stupid because I can't even find the box.

Funny to think that reliance upon AI may reflect where thinking is abandoned with just a few key strokes.

Kind of like rubbing the bottle to wake up that genie. The genie may come out of the bottle, but the thought process that got him there was still inside the box.

Great metaphor, "The Time Machine". Future infrastructure, but without intellect.

I can actually elaborate on your comment a good bit. I saw a summary description of how generative text AI works and it's absolutely frightening to me as a computer programmer. It says that basically, the generator is looking at the user's input text, and at the response generated thus far, and then it goes and looks in a statistical history of everything it knows to have been previously said, and it picks from the words which are most favorable or likely statistically.

This is basically how people work when they mimic and parrot each other to gain favor and group affirmation! It produces behavior which superficially resembles intelligence, but it's just people copying each other into infinity, like two mirrors facing each other. Then, they are shocked when the thing's behavior is excessively human, and it varies from startling successes all the way to pathological lying and electric daydreaming. It thinks like a person! It's totally in-the-box. Congratulations to you for noting that in your own mysterious manner of writing.,

I can actually elaborate on your comment a good bit. I saw a summary description of how generative text AI works and it's absolutely frightening to me as a computer programmer. It says that basically, the generator is looking at the user's input text, and at the response generated thus far, and then it goes and looks in a statistical history of everything it knows to have been previously said, and it picks from the words which are most favorable or likely statistically.

This is basically how people work when they mimic and parrot each other to gain favor and group affirmation! It produces behavior which superficially resembles intelligence, but it's just people copying each other into infinity, like two mirrors facing each other. Then, they are shocked when the thing's behavior is excessively human, and it varies from startling successes all the way to pathological lying and electric daydreaming. It thinks like a person! It's totally in-the-box. Congratulations to you for noting that in your own mysterious manner of writing.,

I suspect many courts of law would consider it "hearsay on steroids".

New Threads

Top Bottom