• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The western genre

True, but this was probably bad enough:

At least it's a GM car. But I see Little Joe as more of a curved-dash Oldsmobile kinda guy. :p

280px-Oldsmobile_Curved_Dash_Runabout_1904_2.jpg

Does anyone have any recom for good nonfiction books related to the old west? I finnished the book I brought here to Lubbock...so now it's time to find somemore reading material. o_O

I just finished a book called I can't recall what it's called as it's sitting in my hotel room. It's written by Philip Ashton Rollins, I'm sure your husband may like. If I could just remember the title...:rolleyes:

The book I was referring to earlier was this one, the title of the book is. "the Cowboy, his characteristics, his equipment,and his part in the development of the west". The author is Philip Ashton Rollins. I recently finished the book as I've been reading it since I got too Lubbock. I think that it is a good book, and definitely interesting written. I bet your husband would probably eat it up.:)

Thank you again for the recommendations, It was very sweet of you.

I'm sure he would enjoy it too, Kelly got it before I left for Lubbock. I'm not sure where though, I was planning on bring my collection of the Walt Longmire mysteries with me. Then I decided not so Kelly could read them so that we could talk about then When I return.

I think he would probably enjoy that one Rayner, thank you.

After watching Hell on wheels, I've realized that the protagonist. Cullen bohannon uses and carries a .36 caliber Griswold and gunison Percussion Revolver, rather unique as during the civil war only about 3,600 of them were created.
They're just coming to the series finale of Hell on Wheels -- after five seasons, they finally drove the golden spike last night -- and I've been watching that since the beginning. I'm afraid I know nothing of the weaponry used on set, though. :wink:

Season 5 of longmire comes out on Netflix on september 23. I've been waiting patently but I want my Walt Longmire. :eek::D

I don't believe so. The Actor Ansol mount is who plays the protagonist Cullen bohannon.

I've not watched a full episode, but is the protagonist Colm Meaney; the fellow that played Chief O'Brien on Star Trek? I really need to add Hell on Wheels to my collection.

Hey Sportster Season 5 of longmire comes out on 9/23/16. I think you should you add longmire to you're collection. Walt longmire is the only lawmen on TV that doesn't wear a bulletproof vest when facing the bad guys.:p:rolleyes:;)

Westerns (films) are kinda hokey but fun. I haven't seen many serious ones though. I have a minor special interest in the Custer Battle at the Little Bighorn. Have researched that episode a lot.

Films on Native Americans are more interesting/serious. There is much that is interesting due to their different culture, traditions, methods, etc.

I agree. Clint sort of did a reprisal of that "character" in "High Plains Drifter" and "Pale Rider," which were both excellent; however, I think his character in "High Plains Drifter" was darker. It left the viewer wondering if he was an avenging angel for what they allowed to happen to the sheriff.

As for Ennio Morricone, his music scores are fantastic. My favorite was from the movie "The Mission." Even though it's not of the western genre, I've taken the liberty of sharing what I think is one of his masterpieces:

"High Plains Drifter" was definitely the darker one!

Re: The Mission, I was fully expecting not to like the film as a whole, but I was wrong. And as a former oboist, gotta love the score. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom