• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Circle

Was at a long meeting at my older son's school yesterday, talked about his IEP.
They gave him several tests and in the end he ended up being qualified for services under Autism. School can't diagnose him but he was in high probable range to have Asperger's syndrome which allows him to have speech and OT. So, yeah, we've got what we needed, more or less. We'll see how he does after the therapy. Still, it feels a little weird...

It is a mixed blessing, isn't it epath13? Still, congratulations on your son's being eligible for for the assistance at school. I wish I could have had such assistance growing up, I think it might have made a difference to my adult life as an Aspie.

It is a glorious day here, and I am taking advantage of it by using the clothesline.

Epath - it's a good thing that he can now get assistance, so if he needs extra help etc then it will be available for him.

I need to get my daughter assessed asap because something has to be done we can't keep going the way we have. We had another meltdown last night over this yoga thing and I had to write a note for the teacher to say she gets dizzy because of a medical condition so if she needs to can she sit out. The sooner we get some sort of help /diagnosis for her the better because she's just getting worse, Thursday can't come soon enough!

I have been so stressed and been raging for the past few days because I've been working on a website and the package they went for is so restrictive and...ugh long story short I have been screaming at the pc, hitting the keyboard/mouse/desk and then crying on and off for the past few days. Then to top it off my husband spilt coffee all over his laptop and rather then being sane and turning it off he kept using it and then wondered why it wouldn't turn on properly the next day (he's also broken the cd player in the car, so another little job for me to do). So late last night I was using a screwdriver to push the clips back on the keyboard so I could lift it out of the laptop and check for damage (the laptop comes on but the keyboard doesn't work), there was dried up sticky coffee on the ribbon so I had to clean that, let it dry out, checked all the keys but they were all fine and seemingly coffee/sticky free. Put it back together and still not working except now it's not doing anything so I believe it's frazzled. I'm going to take it to my dad at the end of the month as he's the expert on computers (his obsessive special interest) and he'll see what he can do/salvage.

So now I'm looking for a new laptop as he needs one now really and can't wait a few weeks for another (not to mention it's driving me crazy having him use the pc every hour to check his emails etc so the sooner he has one the better).

Work was long. I'm still tired and sunburned from camping. The good news is that I'm heading down to Cody with my brother's family to visit my Sister and Fam. My sister owns a photography studio and is going to be taking my youngest Niece, Larkin's first birthday pictures.

Bad new- Probably won't get much sleep today and I didn't get to protest at GDubya Bush's speech yesterday.

My interview went surprisingly well this morning. I have trouble reading emotions and body language, yes, but I think he was happy. And he was impressed that I'd read the store's website and knew what awards they've won and stuff. So fingers crossed.
So far the day has been quiet otherwise. I spent three hours cleaning the house and feel great now. I had a productive day.

I'm officially diagnosed as of 12.30ish today (I'd say 12.33 but I think her clock was wrong because my phone said 12.38 but meh..)

I was so nervous, I couldn't sleep last night and when she was asking me questions I had to ask my OH for help as I wasn't sure what she was getting at. There was one funny bit when she said "so you were born in Liverpool, would you like to tell me a bit about that" I couldn't resist so I said "well I don't remember much about the birth, I was very young" :lol: And the general questions..."tell me a bit about your childhood" I just responded with "well what part? what do you want to know exactly?". I think she found me a bit difficult because she had to give me an example for every question and / or I kept saying it depends on the situation, how I'm feeling etc etc

Apparently I scored 41 on the AQ test which is odd because the highest I normally score on the online one is 36-38, I wonder if I got extra points for writing all over it :lol:

I was really annoyed by the fact she was wary because I have an imagination, from what I've researched (and read on forums) Aspie girls tend to have more of an imagination and can have quite a vivid fantasy world but according to her people with Asperger's don't tend to have much of an imagination and I must have a very good one to be able to write a series of books (I did come back by saying 'ah but you haven't read them, they're terrible!). My CAST test (the one from childhood) I scored 26, the cut off is 17 so apparently I scored quite highly on that.

As expected my mother was useless and the Dr gave up half way through and said she'd call her back and my mum had the cheek to say "can you make it after 4 because I'm quite busy"! She just wants to fill out the part about my imagination as a child but she said from everything else she was happy to give me a diagnosis there and then.

I'm really relived, I was 99% sure that Asperger's was the answer and now I have the official diagnosis, perfect timing as well because my little girl's appointment is on Thursday so now I can tell them I have Asperger's and suspect she does too. I discussed it with the Dr. today and told her a bit about my daughter and the Dr said it sounded very likely especially with how severely sounds affect her and she scored quite a bit above the cut off on both tests.

Last edited:
There was one funny bit when she said "so you were born in Liverpool, would you like to tell me a bit about that" I couldn't resist so I said "well I don't remember much about the birth, I was very young" :lol:

Too funny! Unfortunately some people take our smartassitude as disrespect. How can you NOT pop off a one liner if they give you the perfect set up?

As for my day. Work. Nap. Black Dahlia Murder concert at a local bar. Should be pretty cool.

Some good news about my social life. It seems that the more I socialize, the more comfortable I am socializing with people. Maybe it's just getting comfortable with my current batch of friends (I know, sounds horrible) and know how to make them laugh.

I still don't get why they say aspies have no sense of humor.

Whoot go AZ83! I'm so glad you're appointment went well! Sounds to me that you're doctor didn't know too much about girls with AS. But seems you may have a nice insight to continue to help your daughter too. I'm so glad for you!

The day started out rough with a statistics test that Im SURE I failed. But my history test came back and I got a 95% on it :D Then I worked like usual. Aaaaand now Im making a list of the things I want to do to my truck to make it even sexier and more badass.

I started the week depressed, but I figured out something from my past with my psychologist today and I am feeling a lot better. :)

I am actually a bit annoyed. My ex-friend keeps forgetting to give me my doll hands and its starting to piss me off. I told her today that she needs to remember them and now she thinks she doesn't have Arwen's original eyes which i paid for both sets so I want those back too. She treats me like the scum off her shoe. And rolls her eyes whenever I ask her to remember things like it too me three months now to finally get all my dollie pillows from her house. I am starting to get pissed about this. I mean its not her stuff its mine and I want my ****. Those eyes cost me like 20dollars. She treats me like a freak even more now...I should have just told her to f-off awhile ago and just tell her mom to give me my stuff but I just don't understand how her mom is so nice and her daughter my ex-friend is soo mean and horrid. I was just starting to let things go too when she just ugh...sorry I am ranting.

I am just annoyed and pissed that its taken this long to get anywhere with her.

I am actually a bit annoyed. My ex-friend keeps forgetting to give me my doll hands and its starting to piss me off. I told her today that she needs to remember them and now she thinks she doesn't have Arwen's original eyes which i paid for both sets so I want those back too. She treats me like the scum off her shoe. And rolls her eyes whenever I ask her to remember things like it too me three months now to finally get all my dollie pillows from her house. I am starting to get pissed about this. I mean its not her stuff its mine and I want my ****. Those eyes cost me like 20dollars. She treats me like a freak even more now...I should have just told her to f-off awhile ago and just tell her mom to give me my stuff but I just don't understand how her mom is so nice and her daughter my ex-friend is soo mean and horrid. I was just starting to let things go too when she just ugh...sorry I am ranting.

I am just annoyed and pissed that its taken this long to get anywhere with her.

Kind of reminds me of my hall of ex-friends in a way. That's sort of why I steathily start gradually taking all my stuff back if I feel like the friendship is in trouble...

Kind of reminds me of my hall of ex-friends in a way. That's sort of why I steathily start gradually taking all my stuff back if I feel like the friendship is in trouble...
I have posted about this friendship before...it was an abrupt ending in which Sad ex-friend told me she never wanted to be my friend again until I got counseling for my issues because I asked her to help me talk to other friend of ours (who is also no longer my friend said friend is one that calls me a Drama Llama). about why I was upset that they kept inviting me to things and then changing their minds by moving it to a time when I couldn't go on purpose and treating me like a third wheel. SO I couldn't. I was actually lucky to get my doll Ally back right away plus the clothing I'd had shipped to her address. So yah...I don't know...I'm just pissed and annoyed about the whole thing.

Too funny! Unfortunately some people take our smartassitude as disrespect. How can you NOT pop off a one liner if they give you the perfect set up?

The doc set me up a few times but I resisted most of them but that was just too funny not to, I think it was the way she asked and then just stared at me waiting for an answer, what did she expect?! :lol:

Her name amused me as well it was Dr.Moodliar (pronounced moodleer), on the way to the clinic I said to my husband if she introduces herself as Dr mood-liar I'm going to start laughing...it just seemed really really funny/ironic that a psychiatrist would have the name moodliar.

Whoot go AZ83! I'm so glad you're appointment went well! Sounds to me that you're doctor didn't know too much about girls with AS. But seems you may have a nice insight to continue to help your daughter too. I'm so glad for you!

As soon as she said it I thought about all the books I'd read about aspie girls and then I thought what about Arashi she has a great imagination and then I was thinking about your dolls and I kind of zoned out at that point thinking about stuff I wanted to buy :lol:

Re the problem getting the eyes back, are you still quite friendly with her mother? Could you maybe speak to her and get her to get them back for you? Failing that then just start mentioning theft and other people's property etc etc when she's in earshot and then casually ask her if she's going to give your eyes back soon.

I spent 6 hours making cookies yesterday, I needed to just throw myself into something to relax after the stress of Monday. I made far too many cookies and spent hours decorating them only for my daughter to say she doesn't like the icing so I had to pick it all off before she would eat them.

I also find Dr. Moodliar, the psychologist too funny. After-all, I have been a mood-liar most of my life. In-fact, the only thing I really ever have lied about was what kind of mood I am in. Coincidence? In this world? lol

Had an awesome 5 hour phone chat with my mom today. She officially Knows that I am an Aspie. The funny thing is, she already had extreme suspicions, she was just to afraid to ask because she didn't want to hurt my feelings. (Anybody else find it kinda ironic that we both knew but were too afraid to bring it up?) She also suspects that she is also an Aspie, which makes sense because she is one of the smartest, kindest people I know.

I used to think my Dad was the Aspie, but now I think he has a BPD and Ptsd (Vietnam). Both of which have lack of empathy and being withdrawn as symptoms.

Talk about a weight off my shoulders, especially because my Mom already knew enough about it that I didn't have to try and explain every little detail to her.

Now if I could only get a Girlfriend, I could say that I'm content and really mean.

The doc set me up a few times but I resisted most of them but that was just too funny not to, I think it was the way she asked and then just stared at me waiting for an answer, what did she expect?! :lol:

Her name amused me as well it was Dr.Moodliar (pronounced moodleer), on the way to the clinic I said to my husband if she introduces herself as Dr mood-liar I'm going to start laughing...it just seemed really really funny/ironic that a psychiatrist would have the name moodliar.

As soon as she said it I thought about all the books I'd read about aspie girls and then I thought what about Arashi she has a great imagination and then I was thinking about your dolls and I kind of zoned out at that point thinking about stuff I wanted to buy :lol:

Re the problem getting the eyes back, are you still quite friendly with her mother? Could you maybe speak to her and get her to get them back for you? Failing that then just start mentioning theft and other people's property etc etc when she's in earshot and then casually ask her if she's going to give your eyes back soon.

I spent 6 hours making cookies yesterday, I needed to just throw myself into something to relax after the stress of Monday. I made far too many cookies and spent hours decorating them only for my daughter to say she doesn't like the icing so I had to pick it all off before she would eat them.

Well first of all that doc's name is just wow that's a good one to poke fun at. Yah I still think that people are still trying to wrap their heads around the fact that Aspie girls are not Aspie boys. We have some differences in general. teehee then zoning and thinking about all the great stuff to buy was good then. teehee. That's great though.

As to the issue of the eyes and Hands....sigh...needless to say I am still friendly with her mom. But I can't hardly even get close to her I only was able to mention it to her by yelling her name because she purposely ignoring me as if I would go away. I know we all have issues. But it seems to me that she hates me because I am different. She couldn't put her finger on why I until I told her but now she knows and she tries to pretend we were never friends and that I never existed so the fact that I keep trying to remind her i think is driving her crazy.

My day was actually fine I didn't work today so things were good. I had to wait for the water heater inspector to come. I read some of my book. RP's with my new dollie friends with a character that I am having issues with right now because of the way he was shoved out of ex-friends world as she just it was very abrupt so I am working on getting him back.

Been watching Empire Records lately. I am still confused by a comment I got from someone that I meet at the doll meet about one of my dolls. I just I don't know if I should say something to him about it. But yah...

Its been a pretty fantastic day. Although I did have to "wrestle" with some POS chair at work for an hour just trying to get it to sit on the ground correctly. But afterwords my boss gave me a beer because he could tell I was pissed as all hell haha.

Also, Alpaca's avatar is just plain awesome.

New Threads

Top Bottom