• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Circle

Sits down and nibbles a cookie.

SO today was fine I guess. Nothing too horrible. I went to work, which was mostly fine. It was a mostly good day. I just had this co-worker who I really like was in a bad mood and snapping at me constantly and I couldn't tell if she was pissed at me or at the situation or what she barely said two nice words to me today at all. Which is unusual but she's been a bit off since the day I had the meltdown at work. I don't know maybe that is freaking her out I don't know.

Though I do have a great grocery Store tale. We found a six pack of Smirnoff tucked over by the IBC rootbeer well someone had switched out the bottles and had gotten out of the store with the alcohol. That was pretty gutsy.

So yah all in all I guess it was an ok day...ex-friend is avoiding me like crazy after she read my letter. Apprently according to her AS makes people crazy...really hurt my feelings.

Today is my Sunday. Which is good because I so don't feel like dealing with people today. The Holidays always seem to stir up a lot of emotion for me. Mainly because of the state of my family life. My parents still don't even know what Asperger's Syndrome is. Plus, I believe that two other family members may have it as well.
I still haven't decided whether I should tell them over the phone or figure out how to make the 16hr drive home (my car probably wouldn't survive.)
On top of this, there is a whole, other field of family drama to deal with.

and then a Family pet died. :sadM:

Today is my Sunday. Which is good because I so don't feel like dealing with people today. The Holidays always seem to stir up a lot of emotion for me. Mainly because of the state of my family life. My parents still don't even know what Asperger's Syndrome is. Plus, I believe that two other family members may have it as well.
I still haven't decided whether I should tell them over the phone or figure out how to make the 16hr drive home (my car probably wouldn't survive.)
On top of this, there is a whole, other field of family drama to deal with.

and then a Family pet died. :sadM:

Ohhh I am soo sorry to hear about your family stuff. Plus the family pet. I hope you have a couple of days to take care of yourself.

What a dilemma about telling them or not about AS. Its a hard thing to decide. I am sure you will make the right decision for you in the end though. I hope you feel better. Have an internet cookie and sit with us for while.

Pretty crazy day, yesterday. I attended a 7hr metal show at a local bar. The line-up including Havok, Death Angel and Sepultura. All bands brought their A games and the crowd was wild. After about 4 hrs I was over it though. I was hot and my whole body hurt, but I stuck it out to see Sepultura, which are thrash metal legends.

I also caught a drumstick from Havok, which I also got autographed later.

All in all, pretty awesome. Time to sleep now.

Very sorry to hear of the death of your family pet, Alpaca.

Little going on with me. I have been recovering from bronchitis after a 12 hour (each way), 5 day trip to visit family. I have no energy yet and still having trouble breathing. A bit boring actually, and that is likely a good sign of recovery!

So... today, I finally got money again, which meant I could finally get on with what I was doing aaaaaaaaand get groceries.

I kinda needed new shoes and while shopping for those I overdosed on smarties and went into a headlong sugar rush, lol. And now it's almost 6 am, I can't sleep and I have to get up at 11... the first time I actually have set an alarm for over 3 weeks again. Going "shopping" with my aspie friend who lives around the corner in germany... which pretty much is around the other corner (that what you get for living in a city that's pretty much built on a border). I'm not that big on shopping, but my girlfriend has her birthday on sunday and I still have to get her something as my presence in general isn't deemed enough as a gift. Oh well...

Oh, and I just did my first rough outlines for a new illustration in 3d software, because I'm terrible at angles, perspective and lay-out... it's one of the tools I rather use instead of pencil to solve that.

But that's pretty much my day...

I really wished I had smarties for more sugar rushes :(

Alpaca: You are welcome. I hope that you're feeling better.

Let's see my day was a bit blah. Nothing to serious. Still struggling with the ex-friend thing at work *shakes head*. I am off on Wednesday so I might take pics of my dollies. I am still trying to figure out if I should or shouldn't go to a doll meet on the 29th. I just don't know.

I had a bit of an up and down day yesterday.

In the morning I snapped up a bargain for my daughter's birthday. She really wants some sylvanian fmailies stuff(I think it may be the beginnning of an obsession) but it is soooo expensive. ?50 for a little house, no furniture or animals or anything just an empty shell(a set of 4 tiny animals is ?15!). So I was looking on ebay but the prices are still really high, you knock maybe ?10 off the price of an item brand new(or ?5 for the animals) and with having her OTT party to pay for as well as somehow being talked into throwing one up in Liverpool for her as well so I didn't want to spend alot on a birthday present.

So then I found some stuff on gumtree(not sure if you have that in the US, it's similar to craiglist) that sounded promising. Got it yesterday morning, picked up a big nursery/windmill, a house, a hospital, school, bus, lots of furniture and accessories as well as a few animals for ?40!!!

Then it was the bad news, the hospital won't sedate my daughter for some tests, she becomes hysterical and has a meltdown, she's so bad now you can't even talk about hospitals without her running off screaming covering her ears before having a mini meltdown. So I was back and forth to the hospital trying to sort out some kind of sedation for her, long story short they won't sedate her so I cancelled the appointment and asked for it to be rearranged for after she's seen a psychiatrist about it all. Problem is she has something wrong with her kidneys(they are badly scarred, one is half the size it should be and only 25% functioning) and they need to figure out what exactly has caused it and either operate or run more tests but to do that she needs to have 2 specific tests to check for kidney reflux but we can't get those done because she wont' let them inject the radioactive stuff into the end of a cannula.

Then I had another good moment. I've been asked by a cosmetics company to take some photos of their products, help with advertising, proposals, design etc and the owner basically said it's a shame I don't live closer as she'd love to have me as a business partner (I'm about an hour away from the workshop) because I have such a good business head. I'm just so excited to be helping though, I really love the company and the products and I feel so honoured to be asked to help :)

Alpaca: You are welcome. I hope that you're feeling better.

Let's see my day was a bit blah. Nothing to serious. Still struggling with the ex-friend thing at work *shakes head*. I am off on Wednesday so I might take pics of my dollies. I am still trying to figure out if I should or shouldn't go to a doll meet on the 29th. I just don't know.

Way better atm, thank you. I was just in a rut for a few days. You know how it is.

As for the meet, you totally have to go. I mean, it's other people who like dolls. What more could you want?

Way better atm, thank you. I was just in a rut for a few days. You know how it is.

As for the meet, you totally have to go. I mean, it's other people who like dolls. What more could you want?

I am glad you are feeling better. I know its hard. But you seem to feel better..the sound of your typing sounds better. So I am glad for you.

Yes...I want to go to the meet. The problem is that everyone who is going to be there are people that the two ex-friends who are also going to most likely be there introduced me to first. Plus there are like four new people going and that freaks me out. I just read in their post on my Den of Angels forum that there are new people coming. Some with/without dollies and that makes me nervous. I want to go...but my fear is that its going to be weird if said ex-friends are there. The one that i work with already treats me badly at work...now if she's there with the other girl that I'm not friends with anymore I just getting panic just thinking about it. I don't know. I wish it was simple answer (like have a ride then go)

Well, although it is likely difficult for you to make new friends (it is for me), four new people means there are four potential new friends for you to meet. I think you should go. If things don't go well for one reason or another, there will always be the dolls to focus on. They are unlikely to let you down. :cute:

Well, although it is likely difficult for you to make new friends (it is for me), four new people means there are four potential new friends for you to meet. I think you should go. If things don't go well for one reason or another, there will always be the dolls to focus on. They are unlikely to let you down. :cute:

Thanks Bay. I guess All there is left to do is confirm my ride and go. Plus if I live I can show everyone here that I survived right? You're right four new potential friends...now as long as I don't hide under the table again...we'll be ok. How was your day?

Today was pretty average. Except this morning, as we we're leaving my morning class a girl started talking to me. And my Aspieness did a fantastic job of confusing me. I still dont know if she was makin conversation or was kind interested in me. Its got me confused because it seemed like an odd topic to randomly "small talk" about.

Her: Your name is ____, isnt it?
Me: Yea
Her: Whats that tattoo on your arm?
Me: Oh, its my last name *lifted sleeve to show her*
Her: Oh, cool!
Me: Do you have any?
Her: Yea, I have 4 actually
And then typical chit-chat for another minute or so.

It confuses me because I only wear my shirts with sleeves during class so people can just barely see that tattoo. Kinda makes me wonder if shes been looking at me while I dont notice :lol: and I've never talked to her before so it seemed like an odd topic to bring up for "Hello!" situation. I dont know, maybe just wishful thinking haha

Friendly chit chat or more, it still made my day :D

Hey group. My names Dolby :lol:

Day off work so I changed my fuel filter on my truck, oiled my fishing reels, and watched about 3 hours of professional fishing. And now Im contemplating why my life is so uneventful haha

sounds pretty exciting to me :D

oh...wait... it was last week... damn... how long have I been missing? :)

Last edited:
Thanks Bay. I guess All there is left to do is confirm my ride and go. Plus if I live I can show everyone here that I survived right? You're right four new potential friends...now as long as I don't hide under the table again...we'll be ok. How was your day?
I learned today that I was not going to be hired for yet another job. Not so much as an interview. Feeling rather blue, actually.

Today was pretty average. Except this morning, as we we're leaving my morning class a girl started talking to me. And my Aspieness did a fantastic job of confusing me. I still dont know if she was makin conversation or was kind interested in me. Its got me confused because it seemed like an odd topic to randomly "small talk" about.

Her: Your name is ____, isnt it?
Me: Yea
Her: Whats that tattoo on your arm?
Me: Oh, its my last name *lifted sleeve to show her*
Her: Oh, cool!
Me: Do you have any?
Her: Yea, I have 4 actually
And then typical chit-chat for another minute or so.

It confuses me because I only wear my shirts with sleeves during class so people can just barely see that tattoo. Kinda makes me wonder if shes been looking at me while I dont notice :lol: and I've never talked to her before so it seemed like an odd topic to bring up for "Hello!" situation. I dont know, maybe just wishful thinking haha

Friendly chit chat or more, it still made my day :D

That is a tough one, it does seem strange that she'd mention your tattoo particularly because it's mainly covered. Either she was interested in you or was just curious about your tattoo....that would drive me crazy trying to figure out which. Are you going to talk to her again? Maybe ask to see her tattoos...

I think I'm getting a little obsessed with buying this sylvanian families stuff for my daughter, I keep searching all over for bargains and had a real screaming rage fit last night because someone outbid me on a nice set when there was 3 seconds left!

I managed to take some photos yesterday just as a tester for the stock photos for that company, waiting to hear back what they think and what angles, props etc they like best.

I learned today that I was not going to be hired for yet another job. Not so much as an interview. Feeling rather blue, actually.

Oh Bay I am sorry to hear you are feeling a bit blue. That stinks about the job though. well they don't know what they're missing.

Oh Bay I am sorry to hear you are feeling a bit blue. That stinks about the job though. well they don't know what they're missing.
That is very sweet of you to say, Arashi. So, apologies if you have said this before, but when is the doll meet?

New Threads

Top Bottom