• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Circle

That is very sweet of you to say, Arashi. So, apologies if you have said this before, but when is the doll meet?
You are welcome.

Oh its on the 29th of April. So not this Sunday but next Sunday. I have a week to decide for sure. But the girl who said she would give me a ride is still willing to take me. So I think I am gonna go. We shall see if I survive. I am just worried. Its such a small group of people. Most of the ones that I knew were from the two ex-friends who will probably be there.

I hope you get something else though Bay. You deserve something better than what they are. They miss out.

You are welcome.

Oh its on the 29th of April. So not this Sunday but next Sunday. I have a week to decide for sure. But the girl who said she would give me a ride is still willing to take me. So I think I am gonna go. We shall see if I survive. I am just worried. Its such a small group of people. Most of the ones that I knew were from the two ex-friends who will probably be there.

I hope you get something else though Bay. You deserve something better than what they are. They miss out.

Possibly bring someone else with you?

Possibly bring someone else with you?

I am still hoping that the one close family friend is going to get back to me and come with me but it doesn't look like that is gonna happen. My only thing is do I tell my ride who I know I've meet her before she's really super nice that I have AS? That I might act in ways that are bit off? I don't know that's the question there too and of course if I survive them being there....who knows maybe they won't be there right? Right?

My only thing is do I tell my ride who I know I've meet her before she's really super nice that I have AS?

You don?t necessarily have to tell this person you have AS.

If you still feel you should, then maybe just explain that you are extraordinarily agitated due to the situation with the ex-friends and feel you may not be able to cope in their presence. Then go on to say that usually you would be fine, it?s just that they reacted quite badly when you told them about having Aspergers and it really hurt you.

This isn?t actually advice it is more of a suggestion of one possible way to look at the situation as it is presented here ; ]

You don?t necessarily have to tell this person you have AS.

If you still feel you should, then maybe just explain that you are extraordinarily agitated due to the situation with the ex-friends and feel you may not be able to cope in their presence. Then go on to say that usually you would be fine, it?s just that they reacted quite badly when you told them about having Aspergers and it really hurt you.

This isn?t actually advice it is more of a suggestion of one possible way to look at the situation as it is presented here ; ]
So your thought is that maybe not tell her or if I do tell her tell her why I am telling her. That is a good idea. I am just thinking that maybe I should tell her (you know incase I end up under the table again) its been a while since going to a doll meet that wasn't hosted by said ex-friends. I don't know if I should or not...I still a bit to think about it. I just feel like if I act weird then I'm gonna have to say something.

Work was a breeze tonight for the first time in forever. I even made it out ten minutes early with a newly purchased basketball under arm.

I then realized that I had no clue where a near by basketball court was. I know of several in my city, but their all at least ten miles away and/or are in a bad neighborhood. (Not that I'm worried but my friends where)

Using my intuition, I used Google maps to look at my city district. Low and behold, I find one. Just over three miles away, tucked into a narrow inlet of grass, wedged between two subdivisions. Perfect.

Too bad my shoes suck and my feet got tore up after only an hour...and I suck almost as badly at dribbling. So tomorrow, after my math finals, I'm going to drop some serious green on some new shoes. I guess it's time anyways.

@Alpaca: Way to go for getting new shoes and googling is amazing isn't it? I hope you had fun with your friends.

I just have to say that my day at work was all right...But people should get allergies but they don't. I'm allergic to Cheetos and this pregnant lady comes up to the desk and says she was eating this cheetos and they smelled like rotten egg I was like all right you can either get your money back or you can grab a new one. She says yah I know but u have to smell this. You have to its bad. I was like no...I believe you its fine what would you like your money back or to grab a new bag. So she continues to harp on me until I finally say look I am allergic I am not sticking my nose in the bag. I don't want to get hives in my nose thanks. She snorts and says to me well its not a prego thing (her words not mine). I was like i'm sure its not but do you want your money back or get a new bag? She rolls her eyes at me tell me that I need to sniff the bag to prove her point and walks away to get a new one. I love customers. But today was pretty good. The Evil Queen was not there today so work was fine.

lol some people are funny. I don't think that they all think a whole lot. Nothing against them for doing so, but most people know that it's impolite to stick random things in strangers faces, expecting them to smell it. I even know this and I'm special :p

I'm glad you had a good day, you deserve it and remember- Peoples drama only has power if you let it. As I always say in regards to people "Appreciate best, forget about the rest."

lol some people are funny. I don't think that they all think a whole lot. Nothing against them for doing so, but most people know that it's impolite to stick random things in strangers faces, expecting them to smell it. I even know this and I'm special :p

I'm glad you had a good day, you deserve it and remember- Peoples drama only has power if you let it. As I always say in regards to people "Appreciate best, forget about the rest."
See it was so absurd she wanted me to stick my nose in bag full of cheetos that I am allergic to I was like um no. Customers are so interesting. We had one guy have a fit at the self check out yesterday I think it was and kicked and punched the machine (it didn't work right the rest of the night).

Yah...I try not to let it ruin my days but today was even better cause I had the day off like I usually do on Wensdays and it was nice to just do what I wanted...besides I am still ruminating on the fact that its official evil queen will be going to the dollie meet on sunday with her evil minion in tow....I am trying to not let that make me too nervous but alas I don't want her telling stuff to my new friend (the one that is giving me a ride to the meet).

I hope everyone's day was as good as mine was!

Pretty boring day, trying to do housework and not getting much done. Also worried about my middle son who seems to be having anxiety since changing schools this year. Got a call to pick him up from school, but when I did, it seemed that he wasn't really ill as such, but had an anxiety attack. I hate the thought of my boys having the same problems I have. :(

The water heater decided it had had enough so it died today spewing water through the basement.

It would have been fine if I hadn't realized it before I had to go to work...though wasn't late thank goodness my papa saved the day and drove me after we got the water cleaned up. They will be out tomorrow to fix it with a new one in the morning. Frantically trying to get my dollies in order for the doll meet. Panic attacks suck especially with slight meltdown.

But at least work was good right???

Pretty boring day, trying to do housework and not getting much done. Also worried about my middle son who seems to be having anxiety since changing schools this year. Got a call to pick him up from school, but when I did, it seemed that he wasn't really ill as such, but had an anxiety attack. I hate the thought of my boys having the same problems I have. :(
How many kids do you have? If I may ask... And were they diagnozed? Do they have IEPs (or however you call the individualized programs in Australia)?
My younger son is in preschool and OK for now, but I'm really nervous about sending him to Kindergarten in a year ( he has one more year in preschool). My older son is in Kindergarten in charter school thankfully. But still he's stressed out and bored all the time. He tries to be friends with some kids, one of the kids calles my son "best friend" but that kid his issues of his own (ADHD possibly) so their interactions often end up in a fight or screaming at each other. The good thing is teachers are willing to figure out what would work for my son, what will make his presence at school more positive... A few days ago I was at a meeting and teacher asked my son, what would make school better, he said, "if he can study robotics and if there were no students" :) I told the teacher that he probably would like students to be replaced with robots :) he seemed to like that idea :)

The water heater decided it had had enough so it died today spewing water through the basement.

It would have been fine if I hadn't realized it before I had to go to work...though wasn't late thank goodness my papa saved the day and drove me after we got the water cleaned up. They will be out tomorrow to fix it with a new one in the morning. Frantically trying to get my dollies in order for the doll meet. Panic attacks suck especially with slight meltdown.

But at least work was good right???
We had to replace water heater a year ago, it was just leaking so we replaced it on time before it broke completely. I really wanted the tankless one but it's too expensive...

What is doll meet? If I may ask :)

We had to replace water heater a year ago, it was just leaking so we replaced it on time before it broke completely. I really wanted the tankless one but it's too expensive...

What is doll meet? If I may ask :)

Yah we just got the standard water heater. Its a nice one works fine. He just finished putting it in.

Ahhh ok well a doll meet is where BJD (ball jointed dolls) owners get together and show off their dolls, talk shop, and trade and sell clothing, eyes, hands, feet, stuff like that. Its a few hours usually once a month or once every few months. I haven't been since like the summer of 2011. But that is because of the ex-friend issues. We also show other dollie owners different sculpts, so people can see them in real life what they look like instead of what the company photos look like.

Ahhh ok well a doll meet is where BJD (ball jointed dolls) owners get together and show off their dolls, talk shop, and trade and sell clothing, eyes, hands, feet, stuff like that. Its a few hours usually once a month or once every few months. I haven't been since like the summer of 2011. But that is because of the ex-friend issues. We also show other dollie owners different sculpts, so people can see them in real life what they look like instead of what the company photos look like.

sounds like fun, unless anxiety about social interactions is too strong, but I guess it's much easier when you have a common interest to share... well, good luck with the meeting :)

sounds like fun, unless anxiety about social interactions is too strong, but I guess it's much easier when you have a common interest to share... well, good luck with the meeting :)

Usually my anxiety is bad but I've been there before. The only thing that is freaking me out is that my ex-friends are going to be there because they were the ones that got me into this particular kind of dollie. I am kinda freaking about that. But all the dollies are packed except one and he's coming I just have to figure out where to put him. They are all ready to head to the meet I need to pack a few dollie essentials. Last time I went to such a big one that wasn't at someone's house I ended up under the table hiding. But my ride is really nice and she told me that if I start feeling weird we can leave early and go back to her apartment. So that will be nice. I hope. I'll be taking pics tomorrow too so you all will a chance to see a dollie meet. Thanks for your support. I hope I don't let the other stuff get in the way of me having a good time.

I made it through the doll meet. I only cried once. I am impressed there were way more people there this time than last time. There were about 20-30 people it was crazy. I wasn't allowed to cross the room really with said ex-friends kinda blocking my way but nonetheless it was very fun. I just had to share that I lived.

So I talked about this girl I like already. Well, today as we were walking from class we were talking casually like we always do. I grabbed the door handle to leave the building and go outside and she says, "Wait! What are you doing tonight?"

So then she asked me for my phone number and asked me if I wanted to go bowling with her tonight.

:) Its a good days AC! :)

I made it through the doll meet. I only cried once. I am impressed there were way more people there this time than last time. There were about 20-30 people it was crazy. I wasn't allowed to cross the room really with said ex-friends kinda blocking my way but nonetheless it was very fun. I just had to share that I lived.

It's great that you've decided to do it despite of your anxiety! Something you can definitely be proud of.

Arashi, I am delighted that you made it to the doll meet and survived. Very proud of you! How interesting that there were so many people there. It may be better for you in the long run, perhaps? More people to possibly know, less focus on the ones you already know (but wish you didn't). Did you find anything worthwhile for your dolls? Any new dolls for you? Maybe if you go again a few times it will lessen the uncomfortable feelings about the ex friends and maybe you might meet one or two new friends? If things get uncomfortable, at least the dolls are always there for you. Happy dance!

New Threads

Top Bottom