• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stuffed Animals

I don't have any from childhood. But my husband and I have many silly and cute ones. We hide them from guests, lol :)

Ug... the word hoarder makes me cringe, tons of just trinkets makes me cringe, walls covered in posing peoples pictures make me cringe... : ) I know people like their stuff and some people are deeply "sentimental" over junk that will wither and rot... I'm not.

I never had much as a kid because so many different people were raising me, so I never really got attached to much at all (including people), nor do
No stuffed animals, but I did have plenty of action figures and boy toys lying around growing up. Had a whole line-up of Hot Wheels and other generic toy cars too, but all of it was either misplaced or thrown away over time...

My sister on the other hand has a good collection of stuffed toys, which I'd be more than glad to share a picture of soon.
Oh please do! ^_^

When you first wrote "Stuffed Animals" I assumed real stuffed animals as in animals that have passed away and this was even more reinforced with the first reply by @vangelis, then I later started reading about teddy bears. Did anyone else take this literally? lol!

Anyway the answer with myself is no, I've never been interested in any toy stuffed animals, real stuffed animals or in fact even any boys dolls (like Action Man for instance). Things that have no actual purpose and didn't really do anything have never interested me even as a child and have never provided comfort to me at any time in my life either. As a very young child in single figures I much preferred Lego and then Meccano that I could make things with, followed by electronics components to make radios Etc. (I started with a Science Fair 100 in 1 Electronic Project Kit), then when I was 10 years old I was introduced to computers in with the Commodore Pet in 1979 and that's been my special interest ever since.

My low functioning autistic brother Daniel however was very attached to a stuffed teddy bear from a very young age, he could barely talk and just called it "Gigi", but it became a very important possession to him, if anyone dared to take it away he would scream into a full meltdown, throwing himself on the floor, even if he dropped it he would kick off. I remember when the teddy bear became so old that the material wore through and the insides started coming out, my Mum had to sneak it away from him while sleeping to keep repairing it. Eventually however at around 10 years old he finally overcame his attachment (I can't remember how it stopped exactly), but he has always had something he's attached to instead. It might sound ridiculous, but when he was older he used to carry around old plastic straws, but it caused the same impact if they were ever taken away, even in his 40s he still carries around other bits of plastic.

I think autistic people can become obsessively attached to objects sometimes and that's probably why an attachment to a toy stuffed animal is more common, I've been attached to carrying a bag around with me constantly in the past that I would never put down and it caused me a lot of stress if I did, although the attachment wasn't quite as strong as with my brother it could still cause me to have a meltdown at times. Unfortunately other children started noticing the attachment and some loved to try to take it from me as they found it funny to cause me to have meltdowns, especially at school.

Ru4XQSZ.png

Now that's a real "stuffed animal" collection, I sincerely hope these animals died of natural causes however.
Hahaha, your ultra an ultra literal thinker then I think, lol. Makes me think of Brians mom on Family Guy, imagine your mother being stuffed.. :/

I love plushies in general, they don't necessarily have to resemble animals. I don't own too many and I've never had a very strong attachment to them but I like the way they look and feel. The ones that do have names are very generic like "Froggy" or "Mr.Monkey". I think some people (my parents) might wonder why I would want to keep such things but I find them charming and attractive. I don't think it's strange at all, especially for someone on the spectrum.
They are great company too ^_^, my teddies names are a little more original than yours though.. My frogs name is Django, and my raccoons name is Gizmotaro, a combination of Gizmo and Hamtaro.

I have quite a few, all different things (some are animals and some are characters like Chewbacca and Kirby). I name them all, but I don't play with them. I just like to have them as they're good for comfort, especially if my anxiety is bad as I can smooth them.
Thats another thing I find theyre good for, theres nobody in my life that I hug a lot, so I use them, especially when Im feeling distressed.

I don't have any from childhood. But my husband and I have many silly and cute ones. We hide them from guests, lol :)
Before I moved out of my last apartment the house was put up for sale, they were having an open house and several people came into my apartment, I hid my teddies in the closet, but they ended up looking in there... -_-

I was curious to know if any of you keep any stuffed animals. A while ago when I used to see my psychiatrist I mentioned the fact that I had a collection of them and he said it wasn't unusual for people on the spectrum. I tell people about them sometimes, some of them dont seem to mind but others think its s bit bizarre, cause Im a 26 year old male.. I gave them all names and they kinda all have their own distinct personalities that I attributed to them, I tell people theyre my kids, lol. They give me a sense that someone is there kinda, and theyre kinda fun to play with, usually I'll make them do a dance or make them communicate to other people with their limbs and by nodding, its kinda a recurring joke in my family now, lol. Do any of you have any? For what reasons?

Heck yeah! I sleep with a monkey at age 48! The flu was going around our house this week and I told my wife I was taking my monkey into the vet tomorrow because he was starting to cough. She just shook her head.

Heck yeah! I sleep with a monkey at age 48! The flu was going around our house this week and I told my wife I was taking my monkey into the vet tomorrow because he was starting to cough. She just shook her head.
Why would she do that? :/ Thats what you do when you children are sick... Isn't it?

I do, but they're usually just display,,,and all pokemon. But when i was young i was obsessed with webkinz, i think i had 100 of them,,,,wow. If only they had value, maybe then i can sell them but sadly :(

Before I moved out of my last apartment the house was put up for sale, they were having an open house and several people came into my apartment, I hid my teddies in the closet, but they ended up looking in there... -_-
When our buyers came over on short notice for the 4th time, to "See if anything has changed", kicking us out of our house... I left my insect taxidermy all out on the table, including my big ugly giant house spider that I found in a mouse trap.

I was into webkinz, that's for sure. I had at least 20. (The website sucks now) I don't keep any plushies at the moment... I find that japanese plushies are so cute, I'd like some I can't lie. Even though at the same time I want to be more minimalist. A few plushies would be okay, I'd trade some of my stuff for them.

I do, but they're usually just display,,,and all pokemon. But when i was young i was obsessed with webkinz, i think i had 100 of them,,,,wow. If only they had value, maybe then i can sell them but sadly :(
I was never into pokemanz growing up, Id sell the clothes of my back before Id sell my plushies...

When our buyers came over on short notice for the 4th time, to "See if anything has changed", kicking us out of our house... I left my insect taxidermy all out on the table, including my big ugly giant house spider that I found in a mouse trap.

I was into webkinz, that's for sure. I had at least 20. (The website sucks now) I don't keep any plushies at the moment... I find that japanese plushies are so cute, I'd like some I can't lie. Even though at the same time I want to be more minimalist. A few plushies would be okay, I'd trade some of my stuff for them.
What about one of those waifu pillows? :)

I did used to have a very large collection of toys but after a few of them got ruined in the attic thanks to a bunch of ripped plastic bags there really wasn't a point to it all. I just pick a few toys that I like Frozen's Sven doll and a Dratini plushie that I bought for myself.

What about one of those waifu pillows? :)
I don't know how to answer that question without too much information, haha. I think deep down I have desire to get a non-pervy one but I wont. Keeping myself lonely until I find a girl/boyfriend I guess. Or something :sweatsmile:
upload_2018-1-1_23-53-33.png

I love alpacasso.

I don't know how to answer that question without too much information, haha. I think deep down I have desire to get a non-pervy one but I wont. Keeping myself lonely until I find a girl/boyfriend I guess. Or something :sweatsmile:
View attachment 41105
I love alpacasso.
I never seen those before, Id love to have one, but my hands are kinda full already, lol.

Here's the picture of my sister's stuffed animal collection (for @Flammie91 and anyone else still following this thread). I think there were more than this, don't know but enjoy:

20180102_113510[1].jpg

I tried to sit them upright for a good pose, but everyone refused to cooperate :(

I was curious to know if any of you keep any stuffed animals. A while ago when I used to see my psychiatrist I mentioned the fact that I had a collection of them and he said it wasn't unusual for people on the spectrum. I tell people about them sometimes, some of them dont seem to mind but others think its s bit bizarre, cause Im a 26 year old male.. I gave them all names and they kinda all have their own distinct personalities that I attributed to them, I tell people theyre my kids, lol. They give me a sense that someone is there kinda, and theyre kinda fun to play with, usually I'll make them do a dance or make them communicate to other people with their limbs and by nodding, its kinda a recurring joke in my family now, lol. Do any of you have any? For what reasons?

I have a lot of them.

I keep them for comfort and security.

I am a 19 year old female.

New Threads

Top Bottom