• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spectrums Make Better Fans

Riley

We people on the spectrum make better fans of a series than anyone else. How so? For one thing, we understand. We listen. We get the point better than any normal person. Case in point: This one review I found of The Last House On The Left. Not the namby-pamby 2009 remake. I'm talking 1972.

Here it is. The most vapid review in the history of vapidness:

This was a cute, fun movie about a sweet sixteen party that got really messed up. You shouldn't have to be laying dead on your couch for something like that. And your mom should be able to come up with a better present for you than some lame peace symbol necklace.

Right when it starts, you see the mailman hugging the cutest poodle EVER! Cassie! Mari's special poodle! The mailman says something about how gosh, Mari sure is pretty. Arf, arf, says the poodle!

But Mari is busy trying to score some pot with her lowlife bad-influence friend Phyllis - who (eeew!) pees herself later on!

Mari talks about bras and her boobs for awhile, then they run into some weirdos who make frog sounds at their girlfriend who likes to talk about Freud and the giant pailus.

It's really sad how - at the exact same time Mari gets shot - Cassie the cutest poodle ever starts crying. Poodles just know these things!

Some other stuff happens with Mari's parents and a chainsaw. The mom is a bad cook who burns the birthday cake; she kind of gets distracted with killing some people, so she doesn't have time to get Cassie groomed much.
And here are my thoughts:

I have NEVER seen TLHOTL. Only read what I could. And even I understand the movie better than Poodle Lady. Wanna call me retarded/a potential mass shooter because I called Batman & Robin better than Frozen? Check out this ****. I hope SHE gets assaulted/murdered in the woods herself.

We people on the spectrum make better fans of a series than anyone else. How so? For one thing, we understand. We listen. We get the point better than any normal person. Case in point: This one review I found of The Last House On The Left. Not the namby-pamby 2009 remake. I'm talking 1972.

Here it is. The most vapid review in the history of vapidness:

This was a cute, fun movie about a sweet sixteen party that got really messed up. You shouldn't have to be laying dead on your couch for something like that. And your mom should be able to come up with a better present for you than some lame peace symbol necklace.

Right when it starts, you see the mailman hugging the cutest poodle EVER! Cassie! Mari's special poodle! The mailman says something about how gosh, Mari sure is pretty. Arf, arf, says the poodle!

But Mari is busy trying to score some pot with her lowlife bad-influence friend Phyllis - who (eeew!) pees herself later on!

Mari talks about bras and her boobs for awhile, then they run into some weirdos who make frog sounds at their girlfriend who likes to talk about Freud and the giant pailus.

It's really sad how - at the exact same time Mari gets shot - Cassie the cutest poodle ever starts crying. Poodles just know these things!

Some other stuff happens with Mari's parents and a chainsaw. The mom is a bad cook who burns the birthday cake; she kind of gets distracted with killing some people, so she doesn't have time to get Cassie groomed much.
And here are my thoughts:

I have NEVER seen TLHOTL. Only read what I could. And even I understand the movie better than Poodle Lady. Wanna call me retarded/a potential mass shooter because I called Batman & Robin better than Frozen? Check out this ****. I hope SHE gets assaulted/murdered in the woods herself.
Riley stick a laughing face on the end of a rant..like this ........:p
And you get away with being over the top on the Dramatic Language like me...:D
On second thought maybe I had better do that more too!
.......:p He! he!

Just a thought don't get mad at me please!:innocent:

The review looks to be satirizing the content of the movie.
It trivializes what was considered a shocking plot.
I think the review was done with comic intent.

God yes, that was INCREDIBLY vapid. Why do people allow these "reviewers" to get away with such mindless drivel?

*hugs Bellatrix* Finally! You understand!

So sorry about how I acted about that article, earlier.

I could compare this review to a song from Reefer Madness. Where the two leads think Romeo & Juliet have a happy ending. Only this is WORSE.

I found the profile on IMDB that this review comes from. All of their reviews are in this 'style'. My guess is they think they're funny, or they're just trolling.

Either way, it just proves my point: I do NOT need to watch a movie to understand it. I really cannot accept the idea someone has a vaguely similar reaction to grief as I do. So, I just flat out assume Ainsley here is vapid and NOT on the spectrum. I would kill myself if that were true.

I found the profile on IMDB that this review comes from. All of their reviews are in this 'style'. My guess is they think they're funny, or they're just trolling.

Possibly a bit of both.

Trolling is NOT cool however, never has been, never will be.

Guess what else makes me think Ainsley is dumb?

She thinks Carrot Top is a girl.

Gingers, or Redheads, are often known as "Carrot Tops" :D

Redheaded girls can be pretty hot though, Isla Fisher anyone? OK she's with Sascha Baron Cohen, but heck, I still would.

Last edited:
Either way, it just proves my point: I do NOT need to watch a movie to understand it. I really cannot accept the idea someone has a vaguely similar reaction to grief as I do. So, I just flat out assume Ainsley here is vapid and NOT on the spectrum. I would kill myself if that were true.

She may well not be on the spectrum, but I don't see what that actually has to do with anything?

Also wondering, why exactly are you so upset over a clearly satirical review of a movie you've never seen, and how does this review and/or the reviewer prove your point that Aspies would make better fans?

I'm not attacking you, I just fail to see the relevance of this reviewer to your original point.

New Threads

Top Bottom