• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some people actually like food?

tripleU

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Some people like food? They are very easy to bribe with just food. They force me to be happy from food like them, and in school they eat it crazily like animals. Why? They are okay with spending their whole income on it and then take photos of it, that are disgusting to look at. Food for me is a bad necessary thing like going to the bathroom.

I'm not a foodie by any means, but I do appreciate a good meal.

Many people derive pleasure from foods, and some foods do generally cause people to feel good and so create a feedback loop.

My autistic relative also isn't interested in eating food.

I'm not a foodie by any means, but I do appreciate a good meal.

Many people derive pleasure from foods, and some foods do generally cause people to feel good and so create a feedback loop.
It may be something evolutionary, but they eat from these cheap shops too, and then get diarrhea or something similar tomorrow all day. They don't care about the future. They are like hahaha

I used to not care about food and I just felt like it was necessary as well, but then I got a better job and started being able to afford food I actually liked, instead of what I had been eating at my parents’ house when I lived there. Now I love eating, maybe a bit more than I should lol

Why don't I enjoy it then?
That I really can't say.

Your profile says you're 13, so it could (emphasis on could here, I'm obviously not saying this is 100% what it is) just be as simple as you don't like the foods you're served by your parents or at school?

Or maybe you just don't like food. I'm not going to say 'That isn't unusual' but there are others who just don't like food and only eat because it's required to survive, for one reason or another.

That I really can't say.

Your profile says you're 13, so it could (emphasis on could here, I'm obviously not saying this is 100% what it is) just be as simple as you don't like the foods you're served by your parents or at school?

Or maybe you just don't like food. I'm not going to say 'That isn't unusual' but there are others who just don't like food and only eat because it's required to survive, for one reason or another.
Yeah, I may not have worded my post in the best way, but it is definitely common for autistic kids to not like eating because we don’t like what our parents give us. And food that is served in schools, especially primary and middle school, is usually not good.

That I really can't say.

I do agree that I am served bad food, but even when I eat good food, you won't be able to "bribe" me like them. I don't get so happy. I do get a little happy but I don't celebrate it. What is the reason for this

Yeah, I may not have worded my post in the best way, but it is definitely common for autistic kids to not like eating because we don’t like what our parents give us. And food that is served in schools, especially primary and middle school, is usually not good.
In school, there is no food served, I just bring Lays and a box of juice. I am not even hungry and I only get a bit of pleasure when I am hungry with no specific schedule.

Absolutely.

Why don't I enjoy it then?
I have a difficult time with food because of sensory issues and because it is a never ending cycle. There will always be a time when it is necessary to eat again. This can get tiresome for people that have a difficult time with food.

It can be frustrating because other people seem to enjoy food so much. I would encourage you to eat as much variety as possible right now so that you can discover what foods you do like well enough. Tying food to the notion of survival and understanding it as something like air and water can be helpful.

It can be confusing to me the way that other people enjoy food so much, but in my view, it is not something worth criticizing, because everyone likes different things. We are all so unique and it can be difficult to understand others‘ behavior when it is so different from our own experience in the world.

We are programmed genetically to seek out food, as are all creatures on Earth. It's necessary to our survival. People get a dopamine hit whenever they eat a pleasant meal, so they crave it. Historically, food wasn't always so consistently plentiful like it is now, so this mechanism ensures that we eat plenty to build up energy levels to get through times of hardship.

Cooking is also a hobby for some, through which they express their creativity. There's also a social aspect, people like to eat together and a lot of social activities are based round food.

Personally, there are some foods I don't like, but in general, I like food. I don't like putting on weight though, and control my eating quite strictly.

I love food. So much. I think about it all day, every day. Love cooking it, love eating it. The only thing about it I don’t like too much is when greasy frying smell lingers in the house.

Is there anything you like? Mango Lassi? Kulfi ice cream? Curry? Kebab? American McDonalds Fries? If you find a food that you love, you can figure out your favorite food flavors and textures.

Is there anything you like? Mango Lassi? Kulfi ice cream? Curry? Kebab? American McDonalds Fries? If you find a food that you love, you can figure out your favorite food flavors and textures.
None of those what you listed. but it needs a flavor that isn't too strong or too weak. And again, I am not having difficulty eating foods, I don't understand why other's enjoy it too much. Also all the Pakistani foods you listed taste horrible, if not cooked by me with some luck.

I love food. So much. I think about it all day, every day. Love cooking it, love eating it. The only thing about it I don’t like too much is when greasy frying smell lingers in the house.
Same

New Threads

Top Bottom