• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So what do you people HERE think of Temple Grandin?

Brilliant person.
I have read a few of her books, watched some videos.
I like the way she describes an ant and herself (and coincidentally me) looking back from the direction they came,
because that side of the rock/the barn is not the side it/she/I saw on the way out.
I liked reading some things about when she was a child.-----Getting busted in elementary for what was termed
"perversion." She got fascinated with the sound of a word and was saying it over and over on the playground.
The word "boobs." Booooooooobs. Boooooooobs.
Her opinions of movies....she doesn't like the real boring ones (about human relationships).
She seems to understand how animals think.
She can build things.

Last edited:
I think she is an amazing woman and one of my heroes .
I remember when the Doco The Woman who thinks like a cow was aired in New Zealand, it had such an evocative title which enticed nearly everyone I new to watch it. She really raised the awareness of aspergers and its meaning in a wider context, literally overnight.
The only problem was that many people thought I must have some remarkable savant gift which I soooo do not have, but at least people were talking about the syndrome and researching info on what it meant to be on the spectrum. It was because of Temple raising awareness that I felt somewhat understood by a few people for the first time in my life, I feel like I owe her a debt of gratitude.

New Threads

Top Bottom