• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Show me your BRAINsssss!

Did you know as a child that you were an aspie?

• Total voters
Here is my chart from the last time I took the quiz. It is interesting and possibly revealing, that my NT partner, with whom I have an oftentimes difficult relationship with, has a chart that is virtually the opposite of this, put them together and they look like a butterfly.

upload_2016-3-31_16-28-52.png

Neurodiverse score 154 of 200, Neurotypical score 61 of 200. Diagnosed ASD level 1, or Aspie.

Here is my chart from the last time I took the quiz. It is interesting and possibly revealing, that my NT partner, with whom I have an oftentimes difficult relationship with, has a chart that is virtually the opposite of this, put them together and they look like a butterfly.

Neurodiverse score 154 of 200, Neurotypical score 61 of 200. Diagnosed ASD level 1, or Aspie.

You have just inspired me to get my husband to take the quiz. I don't know why I haven't done that before...

The "Non Verbal" means that the disorder does not affect the verbal abilities, which is why I started to talk at a very early age. My mother said I spoke at nine months. That's hard to believe for some, but not uncommon for an NVLD.

This is very interesting. Thank you for the links... It may explain a little more about our son, who also spoke and read incredibly early. His gross motor skills, though, are excellent. Fine motor skills, like writing, not so. He does the interrupting conversations thing, at age four he had very high results on the verbal and performance sections of the WPPSI... But he has a lot of trouble with verbal info, especially chains of info. Ah, there is too much to write here and I shall look into it further. But thanks, Sportster, for opening up a new avenue to investigate. :)

You have just inspired me to get my husband to take the quiz. I don't know why I haven't done that before...

Actually, it was my partner who had me take the quiz some years ago, which eventually led to formal diagnosis for me, and a somewhat plausible explanation for her as to why I drive her nuts.

Glad the info was helpful. From what you shared, your son sounds a lot like me when I was young. There are several other sites that discuss NVLD, but the ones I shared seemed to offer some excellent info plus a couple shared the AS/NVLD connection.

Looking at these sites, I see that in NVLD it is usual/expected that on a cognitive test the verbal IQ will be higher than the performance IQ, but my son was the opposite with 95% for verbal and 99.8% for performance. So that makes me doubt it... And yet, he shows so many problems with executive functioning, which are getting worse as he gets older, and he seems to not get the big picture with anything. He has always been socially/emotionally different from his age peers and has always associated with much older kids. But I think a gap is growing there, too. His maths has always been miles ahead of peers but now I'm wondering if it's also a matter of memorising facts without understanding the conceptual side of it. He has been accelerated a year at school and while academically I think he is ok, I can't help but feel something isn't right...but he won't talk about it or can't articulate it.

I think it's time for more testing...he's overdue anyway.

View attachment 24724

My husband has a 14 on the AQ, I am going to make him take this one too.

My husband has a 14 on the AQ, I am going to make him take this one too.

I hadn't taken the AQ test before, scored 35. It was after I took the Rdos quiz (at my partner's request) and printed out the results that she showed me her print out, like I said before, they were practically opposite.

I hadn't taken the AQ test before, scored 35. It was after I took the Rdos quiz (at my partner's request) and printed out the results that she showed me her print out, like I said before, they were practically opposite.
I scored 33 the first time I took it, then waited a few days and took it again and scored 34, I sent it to 16 or so friends and all but 1 scored under 19.

I've never thought of myself as an outsider or alien when compared to others. But I have had challenges in make friends as school when lead me to start mimicking others in order to gain popularity, and I've also always had a strong fixation on computer games, I'd spend all of my free time playing on them, rarely seeing friends outside of school and when I did computer games was the topic and the activity we were engaged in; I'd spend ages mulling over the technical aspects of game consoles and what is happening in the games industry.

I've never gave myself the time to think I was different to others but the signs were there, no body was paying attention to them. Everyone else in the family was focusing on my brothers behaviour and ADHD, I was just there on the sidelines, happily engrossed in my own little world.
Untitled.png

I've never thought of myself as an outsider or alien when compared to others. But I have had challenges in make friends as school when lead me to start mimicking others in order to gain popularity, and I've also always had a strong fixation on computer games, I'd spend all of my free time playing on them, rarely seeing friends outside of school and when I did computer games was the topic and the activity we were engaged in; I'd spend ages mulling over the technical aspects of game consoles and what is happening in the games industry.

I've never gave myself the time to think I was different to others but the signs were there, no body was paying attention to them. Everyone else in the family was focusing on my brothers behaviour and ADHD, I was just there on the sidelines, happily engrossed in my own little world.
View attachment 24755
Your NT perception is very high, your story doesn't surprise me.

New Threads

Top Bottom