• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should Aspies/Autistics get priority at the Doctor's?

No, I don't think that having Asperger's should entitle me to have priority at the doctor's.

If one day we get this right, I would feel that I suddenly became disabled :(
Agreed.
I'm trying to convince people that there's nothing wrong with being an Aspie, we're just different, not disabled.
I really hate it when people treat me differently. If they gave me priority I would be disappointed.
Rich Allen, I hope you get well soon!

Last edited:
Yes. I am in the hospital right now. I had to yell at the teller to get me out of the cramped, noisy, bright, flickering, highpitched lights, as I was already fully overstimulated; as well as already having a major meltdown latter that day. Another meltdown, I would have walked out and possibly done harm to myself. All they would need to do is lock me in a dark room, even in handcuffs if need be. Waiting in the wait room (especially in Canada) can be absolute torture to both the senses, and the soul. So bad, that I was willing to shout at a nurse and get security called on me, not because I wanted to raise my voice at someone who's job it is to help people, but because I had to vouch for myself. Something I never want to do again, but would if need be.

I don't agree with skipping the line, but being held in a separate waiting area if the facility does not allow you to schedule an appointment I do agree.

New Threads

Top Bottom