• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sexist terms

Gladiators. Makes sense. Is that the same as UK show. Blue leotards. Popular in the 90's when I was a kid. Had the toys and everything. I'm rambling now.

Yeah crazy show...apparently it's a worldwide franchise.
iu

No shame in losing to a Gladiator... :grinning: It's Understandable.
That's some people fantasy..being dominated by a strong woman. :laughing:

Gladiators. Makes sense. Is that the same as UK show. Blue leotards. Popular in the 90's when I was a kid. Had the toys and everything. I'm rambling now.

Yeah crazy show...apparently it's a worldwide franchise.
iu

No shame in losing to a Gladiator... :grinning: It's Understandable.
That's some people fantasy..being dominated by a strong woman. :laughing:

Yep, the Swedish version of that show. She was a skier like me but she was hired to be on that show. I'll never forget that moment when she sat down in that leg press machine and whopped my butt. lol 16 years old. She was strong.

Historical trivia fact: Actually the female version of a Gladiator is called "Gladiatrix"

The gladiatrix is the female equivalent of the gladiator of ancient Rome.
Like their male counterparts, gladiatrices fought each other, or wild animals, to entertain audiences at various games and festivals.

I think it's not news. I haven't seen anything other than single-sex toilets in public buildings. And if they have one toilet for everyone, women can't use it because it's full of perverts waiting for women to use it.
That's a bit of a stretch, backed by what evidence, my wife and I had a real eye opener when we went to Quebec, on vacation years ago Even the change rooms had just a my be four foot divider in the middle of the building, In Ontario the buildings were not even close to each other. think the worse get the worst. Society is held together by peer pressure and culture. I remember my wife looking foe a wash room's at gas stations. took her a while to get familiar just the one wash room.

That's a bit of a stretch, backed by what evidence, my wife and I had a real eye opener when we went to Quebec, on vacation years ago Even the change rooms had just a my be four foot divider in the middle of the building, In Ontario the buildings were not even close to each other. think the worse get the worst. Society is held together by peer pressure and culture.

I don't know, I have seen what people do to each other and there are a lot of crazy people out there. Especially sexual predators. You see it on the news all the time. A while ago a young girl was raped in one of those uni-sex bathrooms at a school. No one reacted when a guy walked in there so he could do what he wanted. I just think it's a bad idea and I would be surprised if women don't want their own bathrooms.

Last edited:
T In Ontario the buildings were not even close to each other. think the worse get the worst. Society is held together by peer pressure and culture.

I've heard that Canadians are quite acquiescent when it comes to challenging government rules and regulations. (Moreso than other western nations. ) It's a cultural thing. Well up until recently. Actually I would say society is held together by Fear and Greed. Very Strong Emotions. In fact I would say self-protection (Fear) is the root drive of all behaviors. Greed just being a by-product, conformity another by-product.

Quebec and Ontario Have different languages and cultures. my wife and I come from the rural area's of Ontario, anecdotes are not evidence, nor are opinions. Canada is a very large country which cannot easily be generalized. I remember one day a work mate, foreign born wondered what my accent was. I just told them country, not city.

Last edited:
I've been to Europe. Unisex toilets are the rule. Everyone has a separate stall.
That's what I expected. Quebec culture is very European Ontario is very British, through changing quickly as other cultures like my own Dutch moderate the original English. I think Toronto, now has a majority population of people not born there, very multi cultural.
My son's fiancee is Albanian so following his lead now have bidet's on both my home toilets. No point being backward.

Last edited:
I've been to Europe. Unisex toilets are the rule. Everyone has a separate stall.

That's surprising, I can't remember seeing a uni-sex toilet here. But the world has changed a lot in the past 20 years. It's still not the norm in Scandinavia at least. I really do wonder a lot why it's suddenly so important to cram everyone into the same toilet? Who decides these things, someone said "I know what we'll do, let's force everyone to share one toilet!". And no one said no? That's very odd.

Last edited:
Is it a case of having a wrong paradigm of a large room with stalls. some thing tells me this is not the case.

I think it's not news. I haven't seen anything other than single-sex toilets in public buildings. And if they have one toilet for everyone, women can't use it because it's full of perverts waiting for women to use it.

That's a good enough and valid reason, a reason I didn't think of until now

That's a good enough and valid reason, a reason I didn't think of until now

I don't know what women think of it, but I would be surprised if they don't want their own bathrooms. Sharing public bathrooms with male strangers sounds uncomfortable. I wouldn't like it if I was a woman.

That's surprising, I can't remember seeing a uni-sex toilet here. But the world has changed a lot in the past 20 years. It's still not the norm in Scandinavia at least. I really do wonder a lot why it's suddenly so important to cram everyone into the same toilet? Who decides these things, someone said "I know what we'll do, let's force everyone to share one toilet!". And no one said no? That's very odd.
Technically it is a lot of separate toilet stalls in a single larger bathroom. I think it is less expensive in construction but the real reason is that men tend to cycle through much faster than women. This way the wait is evened out.

It could be worse. At a Kaiser Medical facility in SoCal they have a women's room and a unisex room off the lobby. But the way the unisex room is designed only one person can use it at a time because you are expected to lock the door while in use. When it was a men's room two people could use the toilet and the urinal separately.

Now that is insanity.

And I always get thrown by lack of good punctuation. Case in point an anime title without punctuation "Teasing Master Takagi-san, could either be "Teasing, Master Takagi-san, or "Teasing Master, Takagi-san. It is the latter.
There's a lovely book you should read, "Eats Shoots and Leaves."

Technically it is a lot of separate toilet stalls in a single larger bathroom. I think it is less expensive in construction but the real reason is that men tend to cycle through much faster than women. This way the wait is evened out.

It could be worse. At a Kaiser Medical facility in SoCal they have a women's room and a unisex room off the lobby. But the way the unisex room is designed only one person can use it at a time because you are expected to lock the door while in use. When it was a men's room two people could use the toilet and the urinal separately.

Now that is insanity.

Womens bathrooms also tend to be less messy than mens bathrooms. If you look at a mens bathroom in a club or a bar at 1 am on a saturday, it looks like a bomb went off in there. It's usually horrible. If I was a woman, I would not want set my foot in there. But I don't know, I like the old fashion mens and womens bathrooms solution.

I don't know what women think of it, but I would be surprised if they don't want their own bathrooms. Sharing public bathrooms with male strangers sounds uncomfortable. I wouldn't like it if I was a woman.
Well, duh, just think about it even in terns of normal social encounters with men. They have a lot to lose. Women have probably had to deal with jerks and their attention all day. The least we can do is give them some real privacy so they may ponder how nice it would be to have some good guy to shield them from the persistently obnoxious. Women don't fall for jerks, we just haven't given them the choice.

New Threads

Top Bottom