• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

[Science] Vaccine-autism risk paper officially retracted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixokyu

The Lancet has officially retracted the article that began the Vaccine-Autism controversy after over ten years of complaint and counter-evidence by the scientific community.

ARTICLE

Quote:
Ten of Wakefield's 13 co-authors renounced the study's conclusions several years ago and The Lancet has previously said it should never have published the research.
Link to Original Article.

Here's the final blow to all those "enlightened" individuals who took up the mantle of trying to link autism as a sequelae of the Measles Mumps and Rubella vaccine. What was an "erroneous" publication in the world of science was seized by the popular media as truth... that eventually spiraled out of control as a witch hunt to assign blame for autism. Hundreds of well educated and otherwise sensible individuals started to claim that their autistic child was the result of vaccination problems. In my opinion, the parents were attempting to justify their aimless anger/upset about having a less-than-perfect child so that they would not have to blame themselves. Its a sad tale of scapegoating the medical institution instead of loving the children for what they are.

The Lancet has officially retracted the article that began the Vaccine-Autism controversy after over ten years of complaint and counter-evidence by the scientific community.

ARTICLE

Quote:
Ten of Wakefield's 13 co-authors renounced the study's conclusions several years ago and The Lancet has previously said it should never have published the research.
Link to Original Article.

Here's the final blow to all those "enlightened" individuals who took up the mantle of trying to link autism as a sequelae of the Measles Mumps and Rubella vaccine. What was an "erroneous" publication in the world of science was seized by the popular media as truth... that eventually spiraled out of control as a witch hunt to assign blame for autism. Hundreds of well educated and otherwise sensible individuals started to claim that their autistic child was the result of vaccination problems. In my opinion, the parents were attempting to justify their aimless anger/upset about having a less-than-perfect child so that they would not have to blame themselves. Its a sad tale of scapegoating the medical institution instead of loving the children for what they are.

Victory :)

Thank. God.
Seriously.
Took bloody long enough.
This better get some publicity too.
EMZ=]

To think that you can alter the inner functioning of an individual's mind to a standard degree is foolish. To think you can explain someone's brain on more than a biological level is ridiculous. To think that you could do so so long ago is absolutely delusional. To take so long to retract it is just insane.

Outrageous but true.

A few times my mother said too that maybe it was that vaccine. But mostly she thinks not. She asked if my son got vaccinated. He has. Tons more vaccines than me and my bf got when we were kids too... poor boy got 7 (yes, seven) injections in one day at one doctor's appointment. :lol:

I always thought it was just an excuse for parents to put the blame on something other than themselves anyway. It always was such a ridiculous claim. Parents who fully believe their kid got it from that injection always act like a victim because their child was 'fine before' and it always annoys me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom