• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Role Playing Game (4 to 10 players needed)

Atrapa Almas

70% INTJ + 30% ASPIE = 100% HUMAN
V.I.P Member
Hello all,

I would like to direct a roleplaying game here in the forum. To do that I need 4 to 10 players who want to play the game. So if you want to play, just let me know.

Interested Players:

@Bolletje (Interested, not confirmed)
@Tired Anna (Interested, not confirmed)
@Tom (confirmed, human ascetic. Ex soldier)
@Misery (confirmed, Dwarft Crafter)
@Stuttermabolur (confirmed, Dwarft soldier of the human empire)
@FoxLovinPat (confirmed, Elf ranger).

Game Mechanics:
As the master, my role is to narrate what happens in the world to the players. So I will describe what is happening and solve questions the players may have about what is going on. When the players want to do something risky I will tell them the success chances and what can they expect if they fail. I will also roll dices to check that probabilities in representation of the players. I will do the narration here in this thread, so everyone (player or not) will be able to read the story. After every narration post, I will wait players 1-2 days so they can PM me with what they want to do. After that period I will continue the narration.

As a player I expect you to roleplay your character and PM me in 1-2 days after the last narration post telling me what you want your character to do. If a player stop sending me PMs, I will roleplay their character so the other players are non affected. That is all what is needed to play.

Introduction to the story:

The story takes place in a medieval fantasy world, where dragons, fairies, orcs, goblings, wizards live. Its somewhat realistic (like Game of Thrones) but with more fantastic creatures.

In some place of that vast world, mankind is expanding into what may become a empire. To do so men are gathering resources and taking new lands... from their former owners...

Althius is a small and fortified mining village in the very end of the men realms, in the territory of the greenskins (Orcs and Goblins). Luckily, the greenskins clans have been figthing each other and payed very little attention to the small human village, the copper extracted in the mine is not interesting for them either. Copper mineral is refined in the village funance and send down the river in boats to Amber City with tree trunks, animal skins and other goods. In exchange, Amber city sends troops to protect the village, basic goods and thugs to work in the mines. Some years of work to gain freedom.

Althius is where the story will take place.

Players can choose to be one of the following characters:

- A military men (or women) from Amber city. Will have armour, melee weapon and combat knowledge. They will have to obey their supperior orders. They change their destination often so they dont know the surroundings or the village people very well. Can choose some other trait or knowledge that fits the character.
- An explorer, a military person from originally from Amber city who has moved to Althius. They know people and the sourrondings, their task is to secure Althius by exploring, detecting and killing enemies. As the payment is very low, they also hunt animals or gather rare herbs to sell. Will have light armour, bow and arrows and a short sword. Can choose some other trait or knowledge that fits the character.
- A Mine Worker. Some past mistakes ended with a long prission sentence for you, when you was offered a 2 years contract to work in the mines you accepted. You want to be free again and come back to your birdplace to live with your family. Player can choose what kind of person is this character and also a lot of their traits.
- Free Worker. Many people work in Althius, from the funance to the carpentery, there are many things to do in the village. Hunting, fishing, working with the animal skings to make clothes, healing injured people... Player can choose what kind of person is this character and also a lot of their traits.
- Trader. From time to time, some trader come to Althius. They get cheap copper and sell some goods instead. Player can choose what kind of person is this character and also a lot of their traits.

fantasy_settlement__0698_by_grimwalds_ai_fantasy_dg93zif-pre.jpg

So that is, are you interested? Do you have any questions?

Last edited:
I'll participate if we can get enough players. Well done on the intro. You can consider the other person I mentioned it to as pending.

Hi!
I might be interested, but had some questions first. Should I PM you with the questions or just ask them here with a response?

General questions here, they may serve other people too. If its about what your character will do (once we are playing) by PM

Ah okay well I was wondering if players can choose between a few different races or if it's going to limited to humans only?
I can play as a human if need be, just a bit of variety could be fun.

Also did you have a specific time/date you'd like to start this?

Also also I kinda already thought of a potential character but I dunno what you're allowing. I suppose I could give the gist of it to you here...
I was thinking perhaps a ranger type, so I guess that'd fall under the "explorer" category in your potential character background list. But I was also thinking perhaps they could have a fox companion, or would that not be allowed?

Lastly just wanted to say that I do already have experience with this sorta thing, so I'm not exactly be new to it.

Edit: If that first idea won't work then I'm fairly flexible, I just had that idea because well... I'm biased.
But if animal companions won't fit the vision for your world that's okay, I could just drop that part from the character idea and/or play a different character.

Last edited:
Ah okay well I was wondering if players can choose between a few different races or if it's going to limited to humans only?
You can be of another race if that fits your character. To create a human imperium there is need of uniformity of beliefs, so expect some people to be racist or intolerant. You could be an elf healer, who likes those forests and heal humans in exchange of some protection and comerce. You could be an Orc mercenary, who just care about money and can do as traslator when humans interact with orcs. You could be a Dwarf in charge of the funance or a trader of other race...
I can play as a human if need be, just a bit of variety could be fun.

Also did you have a specific time/date you'd like to start this?
I will start one of two days after I have 4 confirmed players.

Also also I kinda already thought of a potential character but I dunno what you're allowing. I suppose I could give the gist of it to you here...
I was thinking perhaps a ranger type, so I guess that'd fall under the "explorer" category in your potential character background list. But I was also thinking perhaps they could have a fox companion, or would that not be allowed?
Its ok, that would count as a trait.
Lastly just wanted to say that I do already have experience with this sorta thing, so I'm not exactly be new to it.
Great!
Edit: If that first idea won't work then I'm fairly flexible, I just had that idea because well... I'm biased.
But if animal companions won't fit the vision for your world that's okay, I could just drop that part from the character idea and/or play a different character.
Its ok. You can PM with the details of your character. Things like name, sex, age, the name of your fox, some of your desired background...

I will give an example of two possible character descriptions:

Eva is a 19 years old female human who live in Althius, she is very good fishing and makes a living of it. She is also a decent hunter and trapper. She would like to leave the village and travel the world some day.

Gork is a 30 years old male orc trader. He is well known by some explorers who valore him more for the news he bring from the orcist tribes than for the goods he carry. He barely visits the village since orcs are not well recieved there, and preffer to live in the forest. He is in good relations with varius orc and goblins nearby tribes. In case of trouble he is a decent warrior and know how to defend himself with his hand axe.

If you want to play the game, just send me a PM with your character description.

I will give an example of two possible character descriptions:

Eva is a 19 years old female human who live in Althius, she is very good fishing and makes a living of it. She is also a decent hunter and trapper. She would like to leave the village and travel the world some day.

Gork is a 30 years old male orc trader. He is well known by some explorers who valore him more for the news he bring from the orcist tribes than for the goods he carry. He barely visits the village since orcs are not well recieved there, and preffer to live in the forest. He is in good relations with varius orc and goblins nearby tribes. In case of trouble he is a decent warrior and know how to defend himself with his hand axe.

If you want to play the game, just send me a PM with your character description.

Sure thing, I'll send ya one tomorrow probably. I was going to do it today but I've managed to stupidly dehydrate again and am more than a bit dazed.

We already have 3 confirmed players, we will start playing so others can see how the game is played and maybe join during the adventure.

I will start with the characters prologues that lead them to Althius human village in the following days. So stay tuned.

Prologue 1: Galgan Filgan (@Stuttermabolur )

Galgan Filgan was celebrating her promotion to Soldier with her comrades. Double meal rations for her that day. Most of them were already drunk but Galgan could not afford it.

Former slaves had no payment untill they were promoted, after rigurous training and proven loyalty towards the human realms, the future human empire that would end all wars and stablish a 10 thousands years peace.

She wondered again what would be doing their parents now, when she was requested by the sergeant. She went to see him as fast as her short legs allowed her. Dwarfs were famous for being slow, strong and resistant. Fortunately the sergeant was patient enough to wait for her.

After some small talk, she was informed of her promotion. She was being given a good armour, twice heavier of those used by humans to take advantage of her strength.

-This armour will be difficult to penetrate, but wont make you invincible. Are you still sure that you dont want to wear a shield, Galgan?- Said the Sergeant.

-Thank you for your kind offer, but I rather use both hands to protect the empire citicens. I want to use my two handed hammer. -She answered.

The answer had been practiced to be in line with what was correct to say, and expected of her. Being so resistant and well armoured she trully did not need a shield, but being so slow made her very vulnerable to distance shot and run tactics... A good crossbow would suit her better than a shield. But asking that was not appropiate after she had been given an armor way more expensive than any human soldier.

- As you know, you will be paid 10 silver coins every month. Also you will have a place to sleep, food, medical assistance, and training for free. As a militar soldier you can choose to get paid less so your parents will have an easier life. How many silver coins do you want to spare on them every month?- Asked the Sergeant with interest.

This was something that Galgan had been thinking for a long time. She needed 1 thousand gold coins to free one of them, 3 thousands to free both. Every 10 silver coins equals to 1 gold coin, so it was 3 thousand months of soldier work to free both. Impossible in other words.... On the other hand if she donated all her monthly payment their parents could work as crafters instead of picking in the mines, and would have a better life and beer. Her parents did not care much about mining all day, but drinking water was an insult for them. She could also been able to visit them from time to time. After 5 years of not been able to see them, she was really tempted to donate them all her salary, which was what the sergeant expected... But that money could be used to buy some stuff to cook and make her own beer in her free time to gain some real money...

What should she decide? (@Stuttermabolur will decide what she want to do next and I will continue the prologue 1 fron that point. Send me a PM please).

b29d4458a4ff3d71c2de1e13b815e9d7-3752235546.jpg

Last edited:

... After careful considerarions, Galgan had decided to share 8 silver coins to make their parents life easier and keep to herself the other 2 to buy some cooking and adventure material. She had heard that adventurers often found treasures, one of thouse treasures could be enough to free her parents.

- I will keep 2 silver coins and spare the other 8 with my parents, I would like them to drink some beer and have a better life. If the owner of my parents recieve some money they will have more value for him so should treat them better.

The Sergeant looked Galgan to the eyes and nooded. It will be done that way. He wrote some notes in an official paper and signed. It was done.

After that he told the Dwarf about her next mission. She was going to the very frontier, almost inside greenskins territory, to a mining village called Althius. There she would serve under the local military authority. She was informed about some basics of the Village, it was fortified, they expected a greenskins attack sooner or later. It was a copper mine and as copper can be used to make coins (10 copper coins equals 1 silver coin), they also needed very loyal people there so no corruption would emerge among locals. Copper was refined in the funance and sent by boats to Amber city using the river.

- The Village is located out of the official imperium frontiers, but since we have a fortress there, all the area arround the Village up to 10 kilometers is considered imperial... Do you understand? His intelligent eyes were looking at mines.

- It means, Sir, that every activity in that area is under imperium law. So any action taken by militia must obey the martial laws....
...including the 90% tax on treasure findings.

The Sergeant looked satisfied with her answer, he probably had anticipated her plan to free her parents and wanted to be sure Galgan did nothing stupid. Every coin used to free them needed to be perfectly legal or would be confiscated. The human realms had erradicated almost all corruption from the old times.

After she finished talking with the Sergeant she was allowed to visit her parents. The travel was short and found them in good mood.

Her mother gave her such a bear hug that her new armour was about to broke. His father listened to her carefully. They seemed worried that she was so focused on freeing them.

- Your mother and me are well here, we are just in our 200s. This humans have no idea what is hard mining work. We mined more when we were free... some laughs...

... Listen Galgan, dont allow us to become your new chains. In you go to the frontier, you can be trully free. There are some dwarven settlements passing the greenskins territory, they will accept you.... You are still a kid and should be learning a lot of Dwarven history. Those humans may have contaminated your mind this years, but you are a Dwarf. They will never accept you. They are just using you like they are using us. We cant rebel because of you, and you cant rebel because of us... But if you cross that frontier...

Galgan stopped her father. If someone was listening the conversation this could have consecuences. And the conversation was being listened for sure. The human military tactics were not very clean in that aspect...

What should she answer their parents?

(@Stuttermabolur will decide what she want to do next and I will continue the prologue 1 from that point. Send me a PM please)

Last edited:
Prologue 2: Atolsia (@Misery)

She was really happy. This time she had made the perfect pickaxe, it would last for years and could also be used to chop some heads in case of need. It was nicely balanced and above all, it looked sooo cool.

The dwarven master crafter looked at her not very happy as she approached to him jumping in joy. Jumping was not the appropriate way to move in the dwarven realms, according to the ancestors dwarves should walk... dwarfy.

The old master inspected the pickaxe carefully...

-Mmmm... Mmm. Atolsia, what kind of absurd item is this? You shoul be doing your 874th pickaxe... This... Mmm... pickscythe... is not what an honorable... mmm... and traditional dwarf girl should be doing. The minerals are too concentrated here... this wont last for decades... And the balance seems made like an sword, not so apropiate for minning... Please get rid if this... mmm... item.... and do an appropite pickaxe before your history class begins.

Atolsia explained his old teacher how her pickaxe was a balanced creation for mining and defensive purposes in case some enemy atacked the minners by surpise! They would defend themselves like this... And counter attack like that... Atolsia did a very nice demostration versus some sand bags while the old master face was slowly turning red...

BADONG! The bell sound anounced time for lunch! Atolsia had expend the four previous days without eating, confined in her room after she created the chained pickaxe, and this time she was going to eat. After four days she was hungry!

She went to the dinning room as fast as she could, probably breaking a dozen traditions in her way...

The history class was as boring as every other day of every other year. Genealogies, black book of past offences, runic gramar of the anncients.... Nothing about how were doing humans to expand their territories so fast. Nothing about what tactics they were using to slave other dwarven settlements... Nothing about why neighbors orcs warclans had stopped attacking the dwarfs. No new weapons, no new tactics... Just dull traditions.

The only knowledge worth learning was out of there, the only knowledge to beat the enemy would come from the enemy itself...

Those humans were not going to stop at the orcs territory, as many dwarfs were expecting... This human empire thing seemed to be an evergrowing creature whose dinamics would force it to expand or collapse...

How could it be possible that no other dwarf understood the danger? Would she have to go alone?

She was thinking in those things when she was imprissoned in her room again. Breaking the rules, runing and jumping, designing war machinery in genealogy class and above all transgresions... drinking water in the dinning room...

The next day, the old chieftain came to talk with her.

- Good morning Atolsia, whats the matter? I am here to listen to you.

What should she say to the wise old dwarf?

(@Misery will decide what she want to do next and I will continue the prologue 2 from that point. Send me a PM please)

42bd471ec0f7164990591a7aac5859df-3958702630.png

Prologue 3: Nienna Riversong (@FoxLovinPat )

Vix had been exploring the surroundings in a very confident way. There was no traces of wolves scent, non any other big predators.

Those were good news, and put Vix on the top of the animals predator chain. Two squirrels in one night was a good hunting for the fox. Vix was no longer hungry, but one more prey would be a nice present for the elven companion.

Nienna woke up knowing she had a bird for breakfast, her fox had a very successful hunting night. This was more and more often lately and she wondered why again.

Shortly after she became a ranger, elves of her tribe send her to patrol this woods to keep an eye on the greenskins. They were in constant wars agains each other and raiding every other close settlement. Dwarves, Elves, Humans...

Her tribe was more concern about the forest itself. They lived in the oldest part of the forest, were they spoke with the walking trees, unicorns and other magical creatures. So they send her to explore and inform about the greenskins activity. It was such a predictable work, since they destroyed everything to every place they went. As nomad tribes, they were always moving. Consumed wood by chopping trees, hunted every other creature they could not tame, did war to gather loot, celebrated breeding more greenskins untill the tribe was too big. Then they would separate and the proccess would repeat...

The forest strategy was simple. Moving their heart, the oldest part of the forest made of walking trees, out of the greenskins way. It had worked for thousands years.

It just happened that humans came with a better deal. In exchange of copper mining, they would create a wide area free of greenskins so our elder trees could rest and live in peace as they wished.

It took for humans 50 years, and a mountain of sacrificed soldiers, but it was done. Not even once they asked for elven help other than keep patroling the forest and inform them.

Althius village had grown strong in that time, after another 20 years without greenskins attacks Nienna had expected humans to become confident about their victory, but that was not the case.

- If the greenskins are not raiding other races, and are not fighting each other, they must be preparing something... Humans said.

Nienna herself feared that, but it was not the case. Greenskins just had stopped being nomads and settled. They were starting to trade instead of doing war... as far as she knew that was against their nature, but that was exactly what was happening for the last 20 years.

The elders of her elven tribe did not care much about the greenskins topic anymore. The walking trees were happy to rest after so many centuries of constant walking. Some of them had become sleeping trees, that would allow them to grow even more. The humans also chopped trees but in accorded areas and just the trees marked by elf rangers. 10 trees per day and some hunting was not a big deal to prevent the greenskin devastation. So the forest was growing in many other areas in exchange of Althius surroundings.

Last year forest council had been historical. The trees had decided to became formally allied of the humans, staying in the human protected area forever. Elven soothsayers agreed that the trees were not in danger and no longer needed the elven protection. Unicorns and other magical creatures who had stayed close to the walking trees to avoid the greenskins devastation decided they would enjoy all the forest so they left the walking trees. Many elves also left, no longer needed to protect the walking trees they wanted to enjoy their human allied status to explore, travel and learn.

Nienna just loved this forest so much to leave, so she took her time to decide what to do. Humans had offered elven rangers 10 gold coins per day if they became explorers for the human army. They would have to serve them and obey orders, but the payment was 10 times bigger than for human explorers, so it was not a bad deal. And they could left anytime, just telling them 1 month before leaving.

On the other hand she could continue as an elven ranger, informing those few elves that remained in the old forest protected area. Not every elf and walking tree had trusted humans, and some had decided to keep one vigilant eye opened, just in case. Humans no longer needed the elven rangers information, they had way more explorers nowadays, some of them former elven rangers who just joined.

She could, actually do, whatever she wanted. That was a lot of freedom, that she believed, came with some responsability too.

What would she do?

(@FoxLovinPat will decide what she want to do next and I will continue the prologue 3 from that point. Send me a PM please)

ming-ren-the-wood-elf-and-fennec-fox-final-2962274369.jpg

Prologue 2: Atolsia (@Misery)

Atolsia decided to share her fears about the humans hoping that the chieftain's wisdom would allow him to understand. They had a long conversation and the old dwarf asked a lot of questions. It seemed that she was not the only member of the community to have fears, but she deduced that nobody else had got to the full picture. The old dwarf seemed indeed worried. On the other hand he paid little attention to the pickaxe …

-Mmmm... Mmm. Atolsia, as you know, dwarven people must take care of their childs. We don't have as many descendants as those humans… every child of ours is precious. What you see as dull traditions have retained our kids until they were truly ready to face the world hazards … I can sense that you want to go out there to explore and adventure and learn… I also did it when I was young… and many of my comrades died by orcs hands…

The old dwarf started to tell Atolsia his youth adventures (again), at some point he looked at her and nodded.

- I think you should not go outside alone, and you should not stay here either. Your talent may be important to help dwarves to adapt to what is coming. In a few weeks, the grandson of a friend of mine will come. My friend died a long time ago, he saved my life more than once… like that time when…
1704218512225.png

- What was I saying? mmm… Yes, yes. So in gratitude I allowed him and all his descendants to enter our settlement so they could commerce with us … Alistar is his name, quite tall and strong if you ask me. He knows the greenskins area and also commerce with humans in a village named Althius. You will go with him as a crafter, you will craft, repair or mmm…. sharpen… some stuff for him to commerce in your travels, and he will help you to understand the world. And protect you, like his grandfather protected me… like that time when…

Weeks passed fast, Atolsia was ready when Alistar arrived, her 50 kg backpack was full of important crafting and survival stuff. Pikeaxe was ready and she had also got a special disguise so nobody could identify her (just in case). After a few days Alistar had finished selling stuff and buying equipment. The old dwarf forgot to say Alistar was a minotaur of almost 3.5 meters tall…

To call that monstrosity a merchant was, well, original. His grandfather could be a true merchant, but Alistar just gave dwarfs stuff in exchange for better gear. This massive beast was a mercenary warrior … or war merchant, like he corrected her.

1ra9dk6aadMth2Nd-R4pjzXWA0EbzX5fSI1B-_mAcyF1FfFI0MM-1jcEnidCNw9GyWL-3CjHjhZAeHkeRkDqxh4kImKn08cu4DhX5sKL-f4oMZWKZ_qNy3vH2rT5tF4ypJT1wEFs-rmPlyLTGHgM65k

They traveled some weeks into greenskin territory. Surprisingly the few Orc tribes showed no interest in war, Alistar inscribed in a strength contest versus some trolls and ogres to gain some gold. Atolsia did the same vs some orcs, won a few of them, lost some others. At the end she made more money crafting and repairing stuff for them. They drank some orc liquor and shared information about the world.

It seemed that orcs had decided to stop doing war versus dwarfs or humans, what made no sense to Atolsia, they were farming instead. Some kind of fungus that was both nutritious and … mmm … hallucinogen for them. And addictive, so addictive… Atolsia tested them with little results other than farting loudly. Dwarven resistance to toxins was well known. Fungus took a lot of care to be farmed in the woods, so orcs had no time for war. It was that simple, they had food, they were happy and had become peaceful fungus farmers… or that was what they wanted Atolsia to think. Something did not match.

Finally they got close to Althius' human village. Alistar was not getting any closer to that place for now. He had business to do with the chains Atolsia had been crafting for Alistar during that time, and he wanted to be alone for that deal.

- Alistar will be here the next full moon. You can go back to the last orc tribe we visited, they are friends of mine and will not harm you. You can also go to Althius, it seems peaceful but can be dangerous. Orcs and trolls are strong and obviously that makes them dangerous, but weak humans are dangerous in other ways that are more difficult to see. Alistar cant protect you at Althius. Alistar dislike deceptive weak humans. If you are here by the next full moon you can continue traveling and learning about the world with Alistar. I will wait one day for you.

It was time for Atolsia to make a decision. Would she go with orcs to learn more from them, or would she visit Althius? Maybe a third choice, since (@Misery will decide what she want to do next and I will continue the prologue 2 from that point. Send me a PM please)

Hey! I’m interested in playing but I’m unfortunately dealing with burnout at the moment so I’m unable to commit to anything right now. I would really like to join at a later time though, if at all possible.

Hey! I’m interested in playing but I’m unfortunately dealing with burnout at the moment so I’m unable to commit to anything right now. I would really like to join at a later time though, if at all possible.
Sure, it is possible.

Just send me a PM when you feel like joining and we will figure out something.

Galgan nodded and put her arm on his fathers shoulder to politely interrupt him, she pointed to her ears to inform him that other people were listening. As she did so, she responded in a very official way. The human imperium was good, and the ultimate defense against evil creatures. Dwarves of Kuzan mines should have accepted the increase in prices of human food, the human military presence was there to protect dwarves and they should not have behaved so impolitely towards them. The death of the Kuzan dwarven royal lineage was an accident not related with humans and the destruction of Talum village made by dwarves totally unjustified. The human imperial response was proportional, and that all dwarves with childs were spared was a clear signal of human benevolence. She was now part of the human army and would not tolerate any bad words towards them.

His father was red with anger, but kept his mouth closed. Her mom agreed with Galgan, begging her to pardon the old man, because he was too old, and stupid, and stubborn, and… She actually went a bit too far.

Galgan changed the topic to ask about other dwarven families and how life was like in the mines. They talked long about many soft topics and soon she had to leave.

The way to Althius was quite simple, just following the river upstream from Amber City. The fortified village was in the center of a Lake. She consulted her map. His father had written “Durum” almost in the left upper corner, it was probably the dwarven settlement he wanted her to go to.

28jP6Goo2i-yjO2nXbHH01hKDEgPv7fj2WOhZ4rTWGdAtF-4PihldvcmLlvGQdNqEqJzHEJPxqlB2RkVmDfX1_0JYjlGBkPwxEAoQJXqsChT99kQbrkugshxW7w6YPgJmH0RopYTw9mW3UfrZ-JuEpQ

The military map also had the location of the Forest´Heart, a very important place of ancient creatures under the protection of the human empire. The Dragon's castle was quite close to the sacred forest, and it was said that some of the tamed imperial dragons were there with many other elite troops.

When she arrived to Amber City, seven of the twenty soldiers of the Althius group were ready to go. She introduced herself and talked with them. Three of them were human, the leader of the group was a huge lizardman, a semi elf archer would join Althius explorers, a semi orc was going to work as translator for the orc prisoners of the village. A small draconian with very long wings and leather armor would serve as a messenger to Dragons Castle, as she was a weak but very fast flier.

The three humans seemed scared of them and they looked suspiciously towards Galgan as she introduced herself. The three of them looked quite weak, and aged. They were veteran soldiers, two of them with war wounds. They were going to be assigned to administrative and strategic tasks.

It was quite strange to find so many non-humans in a military group, the normal proportion in the army was 10 humans for each non-human.

The other 13 soldiers confirmed the pattern. More than half were non-humans, and the humans were old, injured or retarded…

They started moving to the river, the humans asked to go Talum village instead, but the lizardman considered they were too many non-humans in the group and not wanted to cause problems there. So they went to the river, crossed it by the bridge and traveled to the west.

The farmlands occupied all the landscape, to the north and the south. It would take them 2 weeks of travel, as they had no hurry. The draconian was flying above them and barely walked, she was their eyes in the sky. Five humans were assigned as “explorers” in case they found people in the way. Non-fighters were in charge of mounting the tents, cooking and making guards. Fighters would train and practice tactics. Galgan had almost always trained with humans and found the exercise very interesting, since every race would fight in a different way.

The lizardman, gnolls and other big guys preferred slow but devastating blows. Humans, elves and other weak guys used speed and hit and retreat tactics. Her own fighting style was in line with the big guys.

After the first week, they entered the woods, where some explorers found them. Explorers had a quick chat with the lizardmen and parted. From that point they moved slower until they arrived at Althius lake.

End of prologue 1.

Prologue 3: Nienna Riversong (@FoxLovinPat )

Nienna decided to accept the human´s offer and become an explorer, but would be vigilant just in case. She would start working for Althius village, quite close to the Forest´s Heart. So she had to formally resign and have a talk with some of her walking tree friends.

The old walking tree was patrolling the area and talking with the new ranger recruits, this could fly which was very useful. On the other had, birds had little understanding so conversations with them were complicated.

FgQn7KOElQBZULmqEbBPkjtVIEfhwp5DOkYy7FZGkXNY9wJfLw3ozqSbbKSxAx3LcqKGlBWTdRXJu4doLZx6ffsEkg3M3k60fyF39dK8HIf8p5TL_bXOuE6kqStfCg6mt84z4x5C_sxqWMsJEj5Jg1Y

They was happy to see Nienna and Vix again, and a bit sad when she communicated her intentions of leaving.

• Hmmm… hmmm… It's sad that you are leaving, but It's good that you finally decided what to do. One year has passed and many have already made up their minds. My new recruit says that there are less wolves in the forest. Why is that?, I wonder… Those humans in their wood watchtowers are leaving and non-humans are replacing them… We have an agreement with the human empire, Will non-humans honor the word given by humans?... I wonder… Those boats with copper, those chopped trees, just to have all of us in range of their Dragon's Stone Citadel… Was it a good decision? … I wonder… Forest elves never needed gold. They had food, friendship, music, sun, fresh water and were appreciated without human gold. Are you making a good decision? … I wonder…

This walking tree was always patrolling, at least 300 years non stop. It was small but had a lot of experience and knowledge. Nienna loved this old tree so much, It was all the time wandering and wondering.

The Unicorn, on the other hand, was just coming from Dragon´s Stone Citadel, she had been there talking with the dragons and the humans. She liked making use of the aliated status to understand how things were going in the world and talk with different creatures. That she used telepathy and nobody could lie to her was indeed useful.

nmqhBzBWmBjGn7ys8F_miJMVx8x6z7FuTkjNsTfP9dNCm1UZU59qY9ph4VzSnQVOZqV_FrJdK2WXG23n_lJO8W3BuLfRDphhrvEW26g20m8pG6xuyz5YUOrUQRTYr9LL7dv3fYQDjZud60pQxEAtezg

-Oh, hello Vix! How are you?

The unicorn's thoughts reached Nienna through her bond with Vix. Vix talked about their travels, and about the future human food he was about to taste in the following days… After talking with Vix, the unicorn also talked with Nienna.

Nienna spent some time with other friends and soon was ready to go to Althius. She took out her map, there, in the center was Althius village. It was surrounded by a circle of 10 km that was considered by humans as their territory. That included almost all the map. The mine at the north, those mountains, quite a big part of the forest itself… The Forest´s Heart, clearly indicated in the south east of the map as giant trees, was not in Althius territory because it was part of the Human Imperium.

bB83HixquAS8-v6QjxphEqVBBW2IRZfMawa5QoMmPRRctv2HbHPVVJe1Zf1Bajey7L1Jv-6yCM4XqWKiz9CRETGqG-SfXdBh-moB1YuNuOiLqrpMhGQSdQlsS2wDBpILZyuwZJgdnKw0AnREDkuzrY8

The small watchtowers used by humans to keep control of the river, the lake and the Forest´s Heart were marked like crossed squares. Those watchtowers had bells on them to warn others in case of danger. 5 Humans in each watchtower, 4 in each corner at the top, one below. 17 watchtowers were marked in the map, so 85 soldiers in the towers. About 50 human explorers were patrolling the woods 10 Km around Althius any given time. Other 10 Forest elf explorer friends who already worked for the humans, outside that area. And at least 50 active soldiers more inside of Althius. Double that number to consider those sleeping or inactive and you get about 500 military people in the area. Add about another 500 people working and living in the village and the mines and you get a thousand people in this small and quiet area.

That was a lot of food. There were fishes in the river, there was prey to hunt, but Dragon's Stone Citadel sent more food almost every two days. Barrels of grain were thrown into the lake by dragons where soldiers took them. Other barrels contained goods like torches, clothes, tools… for the local vendors. Nienna knew what was in each barrel by the color of it.

Some hours later, she was at Althius with her explorer contract already signed. Some new soldiers had just arrived to the village, most of them non-humans. Nienna was about to make the Althius tour with them. The Gnoll and the Lizardman were impressive, but it was a dwarf young girl with a hammer what catched her attention. Too much water in Althius for a dwarf and too little age for a dwarf being without their parents.

She took a seat with her for lunch, so they could conversate. Vix had a good feeling about her.

End of prologue 3.

Nienna (@FoxLovinPat ) and Galgan (@Stuttermabolur) can conversate now. Feel free to post your conversations (so others can read it, in this thread). You can also PM me with your questions, plans or observations.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom