• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reframing Autism 2024 Community Summit

AuAL

V.I.P Member
Reframing Autism has announced its 2024 Community Summit:

From the intro:
“[The] 2024 Community Summit […] offers a unique blend of keynote presentations, moderated panel discussions, facilitated community peer discussion groups (using Zoom) and an online discussion forum all delivered in a virtual format spanning a two-week duration.
[The] Autistic-led summit will explore the themes of Identity, Sensory Experiences, and Wellbeing, as well as offering two bonus days of content focused on Autistic Elders and Meaningful Work. [Reframing Autism] aspire to bring the Autistic community together in a supportive space where everyone can listen, learn, reflect, and connect in a nurturing and inclusive environment.”

Reframing Autism is an Autistic-led charity, reframing the understanding of Autism through education, resources and research, underpinned by [their] lived experience as Autistics. More about them can be found at Reframing Autism | Celebrating & nurturing Autistic identity

It looks great! I would like to participate. I am passionate about advocacy and peer support, so I'm thinking this would be a great event for me to participate in. Thanks for sharing this @AuAL !!!

It looks great! I would like to participate.
I was curious myself because it's a topic I take a lot of notice of and I was surprised I hadn't heard about it. The summit isn't being held in SA because our state government has gone a little beyond that now with an Office of Autism and ministerial oversight.

They're in the process of developing strategies and policies that will hopefully make people's lives a little easier. I posted about this a few weeks back but I posted in the Political Discussions section of the forum. If you haven't specifically enabled that in your forum profile you won't be able to see it.

New Threads

Top Bottom