• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rayner's adventure in Lubbock

Rayner

I will be traveling to Lubbock this Friday from Dallas. I'm a going to be working on a construction project as a framer and general contractor. I have all of my tools and equipment ready for the 8 hour drive and for the subsequent use for when I get there. I'm looking forward to the job and even better I will being staying in a hotel with an Internet connection. I decided to make a thread about upcoming employment opportunity because as some of you may known I've struggled my way through my occupation. I know we have a high number of members here that work in the trades. So I guess if any has any questions about my occupation a framer/general contractor or my adventures in Lubbock this could be a good thread to ask them in.

I will. If all get the chance I'm going to visit my maternally grandparents farm 80 miles west of Lubbock.
Cool!!! If you get the chance, get a picture of you standing next to the statue of Buddy Holly.

vfiles13246.jpg

Oh, that would be nice to be able to see and spend some time with family. Seize the opportunity while you can.
If I can I will. I spent many summer on my granddad's west Texas cotton farm as a child. My grandmother past away 14 years ago. My granddad is 83 and doing well. I'm still not going to pass up any time I can with him.

Last edited:
I've got the trailer parked where it will sit, while I'm going to be in Lubbock. It's costing me nothing to park here and I don't have as much worry about vandalism. My firewood is sitting where it can dry out for when it gets cold.

Something that Paladin may have quoted, my husband has seen 248 episodes of the show.

What then is freedom? The power to live as one wishes.
Marcus Cicero

If I'm not mistaken there are only 225 episodes of Have Gun Will Travel. Although that does something like paladin would say or quote.

Something that Paladin may have quoted, my husband has seen 248 episodes of the show.

What then is freedom? The power to live as one wishes.
Marcus Cicero

You are correct about the number of episodes. I'm going to order the set this weekend. Hmm, I'll have to see if I can have another operation so I can stay at home and spend all my time watching it:D:

https://www.amazon.com/Have-Gun-Wil...68541770&sr=1-1&keywords=have+gun+will+travel

One of my favorite episodes is in season 3. The title is of the episode is called Genesis, it give some light to how Paladin became paladin. The solider of fortune, the man called paladin. Fascinating to watch.

YouTube is where I've watched most of the westerns I enjoy. Perhaps we need to make a dedicated thread for all of us that enjoy westerns.

You Tube, search: Have Gun will travel, Dorothy (High quality) and HGWT for many episodes.

Update:

My spouse just checked YouTube, it seems that Dorothy Green has removed all the full episodes of Have Gun will travel.

Last edited:
Hey, how is it there? Nice room?

It's pretty nice, I'm in a room by myself that's the pretty good. My favorite part is it's not some old camper or the floor of an apartment. The only thing that would make it better would be if Kelly was right with me.

It's pretty nice, I'm in a room by myself that's the pretty good. My favorite part is it's not some old camper or the floor of an apartment. The only thing that would make it better would be if Kelly was right with me.

I was wondering if you'd have your own room to yourself. That certainly makes it better. Sorry you have to be so far from Kelly though.

Thank you Cali Cat, I'm not happy about being far from kelly either. I'm stuck with the fact that it is what it is.

I was wondering if you'd have your own room to yourself. That certainly makes it better. Sorry you have to be so far from Kelly though.

I'm going to be in this holiday Inn most likely the next 3 to 5 weeks at least. Believe me Sporterster, this is far nicer than what I'm accustomed too. The bed I'm sleeping in is actually more than 3 inches thick and not a twin sized bed.

I feel like I'm living the high life. :p:D

If they have breakfast then that would be great. That and plenty of little soaps are a prerequisite for me.:D

Seriously, I hope it's a decent Holiday Inn. I worked for them years ago, so I know they're picky about their properties. Still, it's hard to sleep in a strange bed. How long will you be there?

New Threads

Top Bottom