• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rant - I feel stupid

I somewhat relate, not with regards to Statistics and Math though as I minored and majored in that respectively during my last two years of university life, wanting to take courses that came easier to me and that would less involve speaking and group projects, as seen during the prior two community college years where I focused on other curriculum things, but Chemistry and Physics I could not stand, nor understand much of that. I felt like a dunce there.

There is a often a difference though for me between liking subjects and being good at it. Despite being proficient at such, I hated higher level Statistics and Math courses, as I did not think I would ever use that information in my life and as I knew if I ever worked, I would pick one not involving theorems, complex formulas, data, any testing of hypotheses or much computing or any computer work as that repetitive or stuff that I was not interested in would stress or bore me as I have both a logical/structured and spontaneous/creative mind.

Doing good on such tests is one thing, but enjoying and functioning doing that work long term is another for me. My mother-in-law kept pressuring me to work as an Actuary like in an Insurance Company, wanting me to go back to get a higher degree first. I asked her, "Why would I want to do that? You do not even know me enough to know if I can work or in such settings, much less if that type of field interests me." To her image, social status and money is everything. To me, those rank very low. My health then or what made me most happy then was the most important, which meant good grades and avoiding people.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom