• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Proud to be an Aspie?

Alcatel OneTouch Pop.
I assume that runs android. From my own android (It might vary a bit):

Settings
Language and input
Keyboards and input methods
Go to what keyboard you're using (so for example, mine says "Samsung keyboard" because I have a samsung) and click the gear on the right
Smart typing
Predictive text
Then turn it off in there

Hope it works the same for you, otherwise I have no idea.

Actually, as this thread is still going, I'm looking at 15 on the tee!
whisper.gif
(Might I point out that you are hijacking your own thread...?)

You're welcome there, friend! What are you good at? Try and make that as much of the pie as possible. If life is a pie, season it with what you love, it will fast so much better! ;)
well that's the thing, im good at a lot of things and a lot of the pie is filled, i should be really happy about how well im doing for an aspie but i am depressed regardless, and then i feel guilty for being depressed when others who are much worse of are not depressed.

im great at academics, i have good future prospects, i do have a social life (its just lots of hard work and exhausting to maintain), i have a good idea of what im going to do in the future and how im going to get there. i have a wide variety of interests that i keep up with and enjoy. i have a good relationship with my family and they are very understanding. but there's always something missing.

You need to cheer up? Go to YouTube & watch the Meghan Trainor Star Wars parody video "All About That Base", it'll put a smile on you face!

Read Ecclesiastes.
no offense but i know religion is not the answer for me personally, i was brought up in an extremely religious family and i used to feel a lot worse before i gave up my faith. im glad it works for you but it is not the answer to my problems.

You need to cheer up? Go to YouTube & watch the Meghan Trainor Star Wars parody video "All About That Base", it'll put a smile on you face!
yeah you are right its all about perspective, i just need to cheer myself up and focus on the good things in my life.

I was brought up in religion, too. I'm glad to be away from that...! ;)
oh so you weren't encouraging Ecclesiastes from a religious conversion point of view, sorry for assuming. i did actually read it a long time ago and i remember it was very depressing.

I wish you the best in your education. I didn't go to college b/c my learning disability with math. Funny thing is I read like doctor or lawyer. My reading comprehension was test at 4th year college +, while my mathematical comprehension tested at 4th grade!
I have the same problem. I was always years ahead in reading, and creative and factual writing too. With maths though, I was good at some types of mental maths, good at geometry and measurement, but very poor at all other aspects of maths. I was tested at 16 or 17 years old and was found to be at what would be considered a 5th grade level in the US and level 4/ks2 here. I then tried to go to a further education/community college to get the Maths GCSE but was told I had to attend remedial classes first as I would not have been able to get the foundation GCSE -which in those days it was impossible to get a C grade in, even with a 100% pass mark, making it quite pointless as most employers and educational institutions require A-C. The remedial classes were a waste of time as everyone else had moderate learning difficulties, as I didn't I was left to my own devices. Since then I have been doing khan academy and some brain training apps here and there and it has helped somewhat. I think I am at a year 9 or year 10 level now.

A simple misunderstanding. Not to worry. Forgive? You didn't do anything wrong, so...

I know, my last two posts could easily have been interpreted as being extremely cynical and negative, but without going into too much detail I will say the reason for my attitude here is that I have seen, and been subjected to, far too much to be proud of something that for most of my life I simply didn't understand, and when I found out what it was all about this knowledge didn't really help me, because then I would have to try to explain my situation to everyone else who was puzzled or offended by my actions or attitude. Most people just don't understand, or even care, my own brother going so far as to tease me about it, saying, "Ha, you're just like Sheldon".

We stilll have a long, long way to go when it comes to others even understanding us, never mind actually accepting us. It's depressing, I know, but it's true.

New Threads

Top Bottom