• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Practice IQ Test...

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
Autistics tend to get more accurate IQ scores on nonverbal IQ tests (like Raven's Progressive Matrices & the Test Of Nonverbal Intelligence) compared to verbal IQ tests. Autism-competent therapists know this.
(The WAIS has both verbal & nonverbal sections.)

Below are links to a very faithful online version of the RPM.
The timer starts right away.

English version:
(Original) Danish version:

Remember: it is in poor taste to brag about perceived high scores --we don't even do that in Mensa-- but these tests can help you to get realistic expectations for yourself. In 62 years, I have taken many IQ tests. The results have been so consistent that I must accept them as valid.

I was in Mensa from the late 1970s until very recently. I'd say that up until the late 1990s, it was a great place to socialize. Many members were neurodiverse in different ways, and some were very smart NTs.

It became much less active after that - at least in LA area Mensa. I'm not sure why. The SIGs all evaporated, and the number of events was greatly reduced. I moved outside of LA and stopped going. Maybe there was a particular cohort of boomers, and once they'd passed through, nobody new replaced them. I still track a few people through Facebook but they have mostly stopped posting.

I don't mind if people brag about their IQ, because I don't care what my IQ is, although I know it's not over 100. I'm just average and there's no way I'd ever get into mensa.

I care more about how many likes I get on Facebook than having a high IQ.

Interesting point- consistency of one's scores in taking such tests. I've taken them at least three times at various times of my 68 years, with no more than four points difference between them all.

Though I've also never observed them to have any real significance, beyond those in medicine or the military.

Last edited:
I've occasionally had people ask me, which was the only times I mentioned it. Since intelligence is so complex, I see a high IQ as useful in many areas of life but not nearly in every area, perhaps even being a detriment in some areas. But thank you for the links!

I really doubt how accurate they are for this community, same issue I had in colour control each colour is different
so I found a method that only looked at differences. that worked irrespective of actual colour.

I honestly know someone who does have a really high IQ...but that fool believes the Earth is flat and will argue it for hours. What we need is a "reality quotient with applied logic" test.

Einstein tells me its more than just raw intellectual ability that counts. He was bright high IQ but not exceptionally high. Like in colour there is chroma and luminosity, and hue if you want to get picky. (Munsell system).

Last edited:
I thought a high IQ meant your memory is capable of learning really quickly and storing facts about many, many different things.

I really doubt how accurate they are for this community,...
NTs typically get similar scores on both verbal & nonverbal IQ tests.
We tend to score notably higher on the latter.
full

(That is one piece of evidence for an ASD1 diagnosis.
full
)

I'm a bit brighter then most my advantage is my unusual visualization abilities and many other here have abilities that make you stand out. I never got diagnosed but a professional psychologist informed of my unusual abilities.

NTs typically get similar scores on both verbal & nonverbal IQ tests.
We tend to score notably higher on the latter.
full

(That is one piece of evidence for an ASD1 diagnosis.
full
)
That was my experience. Memory issues was a problem for me. I'd like to repeat it. I feel that I figure things out faster now, but my memory is much worse.

I've occasionally had people ask me, which was the only times I mentioned it. Since intelligence is so complex, I see a high IQ as useful in many areas of life but not nearly in every area, perhaps even being a detriment in some areas. But thank you for the links!
Yeah, IQ tests measure only some aspects of intelligence. Maybe something akin to "raw material." But so many other things are important for success in careers and social relationships. And no, I don't say this because I have a low IQ :)

@Crossbreed I'll give those a try.

If you have an edge if possible find what it is, then use this to help you find employment or a career. I found out too late, but suspected their was something different. I could solve real life puzzles, others could not.

Yeah, IQ tests measure only some aspects of intelligence. Maybe something akin to "raw material." But so many other things are important for success in careers and social relationships. And no, I don't say this because I have a low IQ :)

@Crossbreed I'll give those a try.
They are the same page. The first being translated to English. ;)

True in my case. I remember taking these sorts of tests during my school years and for my diagnosis, as well as the WAIS (WAIS-III).

Despite being level 1 ASD and verbal, I do much better on tests that tap non-verbal ability over verbal ability. I think, being a visual thinker, it's because I can bypass all the verbal stuff and engage in my native mode of thought instead.

New Threads

Top Bottom