• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pixar's Cars

foliodoe

I'm living my whole life at once.
What do you think about this motion picture's merits as a culturally significant piece of storytelling? It seems to have a lot to say about things like Christianity and the modern American way of life.

I saw it when it came out and didn't love it, but I was not aware it dealt with serious topics like this.

I think what a lot of people missed in the Cars movies was the amount of accuracy put into the storylines and the mannerisms of the vehicles.

They tell a tale of years gone past while adding humor to it.
Doc Hudson for instance was a reference to when the Hudson Hornet ruled the roost in the beginnings of NASCAR racing.
They in fact dominated the tracks because they were outstanding and powerful machines.

It tells tales of unlikely friendships that were formed under adversity, love interests and bonds formed from common interests if nothing more.
Plus it is entertaining as all get out especially if you are aware of how much effort was put into the end results.
PIXAR defined animation in my honest opinion.

Since I am a gearhead and love to collect, I have amassed a rather large collection of licensed product, many of which are earlier releases of franchised material.

Christianity has never entered my mind while watching any of them, but they still tell a great story about the human experience.

my take:

PIXAR, WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!?

do you think you're trying to be Tomas the Tank Engine!?
sentient Vehicals!? And I thought the recent "Lightyear"
was flawed! I would see Inside Out 2 if I get the chance

but I am NOT watching toy story 5.

but back to Cars. I watched it once and saw as it spat storytelling in the face.
also, is there a scene where Lightning Mcqueen does cocaine!?
just a thought.

BTW, I think Lightning Mcqueen was in honor of a Pixar employee who died when finding nemo came out! my mom tried to show me that with hard work, comes any dream to become reality.

you know, People complain about when people have sucky cartoons,
our parents had nothing but Hannah Barberah when Disney died and
Chuck Jones retired....

then came the 90s, but really think
about it....WERE THE 2000S REALLY THAT BAD!? no! of course not!

and in the 2010s? things were awesome! while Pixar entered its sequel phase (and possibly will NEVER STOP) and Minions became a thing, Lore shows were spilling out
every which way! Gravity falls, Steven Universe THE LIST GOES ON!

...and then now we have Indie animation.

but really think about it. does that whole "Cartoons suck these days" phrase seem like a valid statement no matter WHAT Generation it is?

New Threads

Top Bottom