• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member here

BradT

Hi, my name is Brad, I'm 28 years old and I have aspergers syndeome. I go to college and I'm studying to be an accountant. My therapist said I have high functioning aspergers. The reason I was diagnosed with my aspergers is because of my low social skills. Because I have this disorder, I don't like socializing with anyone. I don't go out much, I only go to college and work out, it's the same routine everyday. I only have my family and extended family, I had friends in high school, but I don't talk to them much. I feel like I'm not liked for some reason, I don't know if it's in my head or the aspergers telling me this. Has anyone experienced or is experiencing what I'm going through or something similar?

Hi @BradT Welcome to Central
I think it's quite common for us on spectrum to feel detached or removed from other people a lot of the time, or at least not to feel "connections" easily.

Hi Brad, welcome.
Sounds like you are very high functionig and have the ability to connect a bit more than myself. I never had friends truly. I dated some after 25, but, it was always short lived and even though I felt in love with two of my relationships I didn't want to marry or change my lifestyle. My only true bonds were with my parents.

welcome.png

Welcome.

Same routines, same foods, few friends, prefer to stay at home and not be near the public or interact with the public.

Is it hard to find love when you have aspergers? I've always hugged girls, I'm 28 and never had sex and never kissed a girl yet, mainly because I'm also shy. Some girls have said I was cute even, so I don't know what's wrong with me why I'm so afraid to get into a serious relationship. I sound pathetic huh?

happy 29th birthday
Hi, my name is Brad, I'm 28 years old and I have aspergers syndeome. I go to college and I'm studying to be an accountant. My therapist said I have high functioning aspergers. The reason I was diagnosed with my aspergers is because of my low social skills. Because I have this disorder, I don't like socializing with anyone. I don't go out much, I only go to college and work out, it's the same routine everyday. I only have my family and extended family, I had friends in high school, but I don't talk to them much. I feel like I'm not liked for some reason, I don't know if it's in my head or the aspergers telling me this. Has anyone experienced or is experiencing what I'm going through or something similar?

Hi Brad T. Welcome to AC!!!

You came to the right place. So many of us have gone through the same stuff that you have that it is a cliche' on this site. There are a lot of socially inept, but nice people on this site. You sound as if you will fit right in.

can i ask if you were half of a loving relationship would you want to be responsible for a child ?!.sexual intercourse is near solely designed to reproduce another human

New Threads

Top Bottom