• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Neurodiversity, ASD and solar cycles

Alberto

Hi. My name is Alberto Saco. I work as profesor of sociology since 1995. As demographer (my speciality) I carried out a preliminary research on ASD prevalence and I found a pattern, apparently linked yo solar cycles. As I don't trust very much diagnosis in mental health (I was aware of my condition of aspi when 45) I tried with other genetic autoinmune diseases. These are the results. I need help from you. If I could just know date of birthday and diagnostic of an ASD population I could have more evidence of my results being right (or wrong) and could advance a little more. Any question or suggestion will be welcome. Here is the paper:

ARSA, Advanced Research in Scientific Areas :: Conference Online Archive

Enjoy it!

I have looked at your paper, and I wonder why your samples are so limited. Why limit the schizophrenia study to just ages 54-60, and the Alzheimers hospitalization study to just 1999-2000, for instance? With so many other possible factors that could affect these health issues (you mention that correlations become distorted by motrality rates), I think you need to use bigger samples and consider much longer chunks of time. Surely, more comprehensive data are available to you.

If you did a study involving ASD, in exactly which factors would you be trying to find a correlation? Sorry if I have missed something, but I am used to reading journal articles in astrophysics, and the parameters of the experiments tend to be much more detailed in those papers.

I would suspect that the results of any ASD study would be skewed by selection effects, i.e. knowledge about the ASD condition and changes in diagnosis rates over the past few decades, country, gender, self-diagnosis vs. professional diagnosis, etc., making it impossible to determine a reliable correlation with sunspot activity.

That's why I had to select a narrow Window of time. I would have to use clínical data (not hospitalization ones) but have no access. I am convinced there is such an effect but I can't gather more information. And as far as I could not find any colaboration since nos 7 years Ago I have just given up. None of my bussines... thanks for your argentino and your suggestions but What i need os more certainty, no more doubt (I have plenty of that already). Regards

I have looked at your paper, and I wonder why your samples are so limited. Why limit the schizophrenia study to just ages 54-60, and the Alzheimers hospitalization study to just 1999-2000, for instance? With so many other possible factors that could affect these health issues (you mention that correlations become distorted by motrality rates), I think you need to use bigger samples and consider much longer chunks of time. Surely, more comprehensive data are available to you.

If you did a study involving ASD, in exactly which factors would you be trying to find a correlation? Sorry if I have missed something, but I am used to reading journal articles in astrophysics, and the parameters of the experiments tend to be much more detailed in those papers.

I would suspect that the results of any ASD study would be skewed by selection effects, i.e. knowledge about the ASD condition and changes in diagnosis rates over the past few decades, country, gender, self-diagnosis vs. professional diagnosis, etc., making it impossible to determine a reliable correlation with sunspot activity.
Selection effects... that's the point. And diversity due to epigenetic factors. No means to carry that out on my own. But not interest at all (no money involved) shown by hundreds of contacts, which leads me to thinking about priorities in science and society, frameanalisys and paradigms to understand 'reality'. I cannot fight all that. As sociologist I just can analise it from my field. Somedays I Blame the moment I started my research. It was for a good cause. My own daughter was involved. And the results were astonishing. But who would believe it? How could I prove it? No way. Time will saúdo. If true, we will find out the 'signature of the Universe' un our biodiversity. Not random mutations. Universe' doesn't play dices (we do). The only thing I can say for sure os that binaural beats can have a decissive role dealing with ADS in it's first stages and that they have a 100% effect on migrains resistent to medicación. Pretty enough for a guy like me!

Hi. My name is Alberto Saco. I work as profesor of sociology since 1995. As demographer (my speciality) I carried out a preliminary research on ASD prevalence and I found a pattern, apparently linked yo solar cycles. As I don't trust very much diagnosis in mental health (I was aware of my condition of aspi when 45) I tried with other genetic autoinmune diseases. These are the results. I need help from you. If I could just know date of birthday and diagnostic of an ASD population I could have more evidence of my results being right (or wrong) and could advance a little more. Any question or suggestion will be welcome. Here is the paper:

ARSA, Advanced Research in Scientific Areas :: Conference Online Archive

Enjoy it!
welcome have you tried freedom of information in each country ,in the UK where

I'm from you can get freedom of information

New Threads

Top Bottom