• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Neuro Nas

Neuro Nas

Congratulations to everyone on here with or without a diagnosis.
My name is Nas and I've recently been diagnosed with ASD and ADHD and I'm trying to understand this new version of myself at the age of 40! Any tips on how I can do this?

Welcome, @Neuro Nas! I hope you find this forum as welcoming and helpful as I have.

This forum has loads of resources (the "Resources" menu at the top) and also loads of threads discussing different aspects of ASD.

You can either look through the existing discussions and add comments or questions, or you can just start a new thread yourself.

Do you have any particular questions?

For my own commentary, I would just say that you have a new label, but you are still the same you. Hopefully your diagnosis leads to better understanding of how you work and what you need.

1697564956136.png

Welcome, @Neuro Nas
Do a lot of reading and a lot of listening to others who are on the spectrum. If you're like me, who is coming to all of this for the first time at the age of 55, all of this is very different than you may have been led to believe.
Just be open and be patient while realizing that everyone you chat with on here is carrying both similar and different challenges to yours.

Welcome to the forum Nas! The other replies in this thread have good information. I'm also newly diagnosed and still trying to understand myself as well.

Congratulations to everyone on here with or without a diagnosis.
My name is Nas and I've recently been diagnosed with ASD and ADHD and I'm trying to understand this new version of myself at the age of 40! Any tips on how I can do this?
Welcome. You are starting an interesting journey of discovery about yourself. The first step is to learn about autism in general. Read the threads to learn what we have in common, and more importantly, how we are different. You will find a lot of the questions about your life finally make sense. For example. I was diagnosed at age 60, and I had no idea until then. In hindsight, it was obvious. I accepted the diagnosis with no problem, but it was all the opportunity and time wasted by not having been diagnosed earlier that still bothers me, even after 10 years.

Hello and welcome.

Any tips on how I can do this?
Start reading! So many stories here that you can hopefully relate to.

So dive in, start reading what a huge group of autistic people have to say, and let us know if you need any help figuring things out.

Welcome!

As you may already know, some people refer to the combination of ASD and ADHD as AuDHD - that may help with finding info and experiences.

(Note: AuDHD is actually more common than standalone ASD)

New Threads

Top Bottom