• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My name is Arianne <3

upload_2017-6-1_10-54-32.png

hi arianne, welcome to AC!
ive only just seen your blog now but i love your posts and also your art to.
im a blogger and artist to except my work is rather more simplified as i am mildly intellectually disabled on top of being LFA.
your blog is very top level and makes me think you could be a very good public speaker if your verbal capacity matches what you type,you can earn a living from it,one of my HFA mates does.

I was informally diagnosed in 2015 by my therapist, and then formally diagnosed with ADHD and HFA in 2016 by my psychiatrist. It's been a little bit of a struggle for me. I'm a writer/blogger as a side gig; I blog about having autism on my site, www.arianneswork.com/blog. My newest post is called autism and alexithymia. I look forward to connecting with others like me and sharing my work with people who will understand it <3 :)

-Arianne
I'm glad that you found us.

I was informally diagnosed in 2015 by my therapist, and then formally diagnosed with ADHD and HFA in 2016 by my psychiatrist. It's been a little bit of a struggle for me. I'm a writer/blogger as a side gig; I blog about having autism on my site, www.arianneswork.com/blog. My newest post is called autism and alexithymia. I look forward to connecting with others like me and sharing my work with people who will understand it <3 :)

-Arianne
Got to say i like your Christian name never new Ari meant very

Hi Arianne, I'm Mike. I recently started going to a psychologist because I'm struggling with a lot of things, including anxieties, angry outbursts, terrible social skills, low self esteem, to name a few. It's just been ruining my life and I feel like I've wasted years of it. It's been straining my relationships with people, including loved ones. I've been lonely for a long time. My psychologist thinks I have Asperger's and recommended that I join an online support group like AspiesCentral. I posted a rather detailed intro about myself in the intro thread, but I do tend to always go into detail (which the doc said is an Aspie quality).

Hi Arianne, I'm Mike. I recently started going to a psychologist because I'm struggling with a lot of things, including anxieties, angry outbursts, terrible social skills, low self esteem, to name a few. It's just been ruining my life and I feel like I've wasted years of it. It's been straining my relationships with people, including loved ones. I've been lonely for a long time. My psychologist thinks I have Asperger's and recommended that I join an online support group like AspiesCentral. I posted a rather detailed intro about myself in the intro thread, but I do tend to always go into detail (which the doc said is an Aspie quality).
Hi and Welcome Arianne. I think you'll like it here. So far everyone has been friendly and informative for me.

And Hi to Mike, Tyrantus1212.
Looks like you have a lot of the same struggles as myself. And, yes, lots of detail in telling something is an Aspie quality. I've been told I go all the way around the world to get something out I'm trying to say!
I have a feeling we also share common interests. Maybe from your choice of profile pic with the dragon bracelet. Just a feeling.

Hi and Welcome Arianne. I think you'll like it here. So far everyone has been friendly and informative for me.

And Hi to Mike, Tyrantus1212.
Looks like you have a lot of the same struggles as myself. And, yes, lots of detail in telling something is an Aspie quality. I've been told I go all the way around the world to get something out I'm trying to say!
I have a feeling we also share common interests. Maybe from your choice of profile pic with the dragon bracelet. Just a feeling.

Hey Susan! I too go out of my way to say what I want to say, often to the point of attempting to interrupt a conversation. I also can't stand unfinished conversations, or just any untied loose ends in general - drives me up the wall. My interests are video games (only one or two at a time), YouTube gaming streams, various TV shows, construction cranes (I just watch them work but don't learn too many details about them), and Google Earth (but in reality I want to actually explore the world). I USED to be fascinated by street lights, but not anymore. I also write a bit of fiction here and there (just personally, not publishing or anything). The dragon is a glow-in-the dark dragon, which I got out of a local comic convention; I don't really have a big interest in dragons but I do like certain shows and games that use them, like Game of Thrones and Skyrim. I also don't use my face in profile pics. I don't want my photo to be out there in public and then have some jerk download it and use it in a fake profile.

Welcome.

I only read the first part of your blog, there is a lot more than you have articulated.

First and foremost there are two types of Alexithymia, pervasive and environmental. You describe environmental which can be possibly addressed through therapy, mine is pervasive which is based upon my DNA.

New Threads

Top Bottom