• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

thank you Mia. I understand the concept and it makes sense to me. it is processing emotions that were repressed and moving them to the occipital lobe of the brain so that the emotion is processed. the sound and tapping activates the part of your brain that creates logic. something similar is EMDR. It worked wonders for me :)

The forum was heavily moderated Sportster and only females were allowed as members for some reason back then. Danu and her compatriots were extremely anti-religious, you could never say anything related to religion or say things such as 'you are in my prayers' to empathize with people. No politics, or religion could ever be mentioned, or the following day you would be banned from the forum.
It happened to many people, it was her personal kingdom ruled with a heavy hand. So although there were many people there at one time, many were nervous of her. Lots of people who were kicked out of the forum thought she was a narcissist herself, I'm not certain of that myself, but they may have been on to something.

If the material below is accurate "heavily moderated" doesn't begin to describe it.

http://wordsfromthedaughterofanarci...10/12/beware-popular-donm-forum-preys-on.html

If the material below is accurate "heavily moderated" doesn't begin to describe it.

I'm not sure that all the information the OP writes about is accurate tree, it's more than extreme. There was much more going on that she does not mention on her part. Anyone who puts up a blog such as that, (there are more) for revenge has their own issues. Recall that one of the reasons she and several others were banned was that they displayed narcissistic traits that were evident, it was not simply their religious beliefs.

I haven't read all the replies and also I'm very new to this site. Signed up like 1/2 an hour ago! So I don't still don't know what the heck I'm doing. But I just had to say that ive had frens in really similar situations. Eventually they have moved in with my family. Their mum has a personality disorder and was recommended to a professional facility. It sounds unfortunately as tho your mum does too. Histrionic or narcissist perhaps as others have said. Mostly I just wanted to say that what others have previously said was right! And made me so so happy to hear. Such as you have done nothing to make you unlovable! All, especially children deserve to feel safe, secure and deeply loved. It makes me angry when I hear how parents who have been blessed with amazing kids mistreat, neglect or even abuse them! Sometimes there isnt anything good about those people. Its so not true that every body has a good heart. Maybe they once did, as a child but perhaps not any longer. I've seen how draining being in a relationship with a toxic person is! So I want to encourage you to continue to love your mum, and it's awesome that you are trying to learn about her rather than judge her. And to also love yourself! After surviving thru what you have and still coming out as, I assume a loving person is really an incredible feat. And I'm really proud of you. With the family I spoke of before. One of the kids has completely turned their life around whereas the other is following in their mothers dangerous footsteps. Ultimately causing chaos wherever they go.

So anyway this is way longer than I intended and I dont know if there was a way for me to send this privately or what... also I recommend you take a look at David Riddel and his work. He is an awesome psychologist. He speaks about toxic people and people with PD. His audio or podcasts are great.

Hi everyone. I have been searching my entire life to figure out why my mom is so different. I had a eureka moment and was wondering others opinions if they think my mother has autism, or asburgers or neither.

Here is her in a nutshell:
She can not hold a conversation and in family dinners just sits and pouts until she can talk about her obsession (the bible).
She has a strict regimen and routine. It was even difficult for her to come to my wedding because it was on a prayer meeting day.
She rocks back and forth when she is sad, and if you try to have a logical conversation about feelings she breaks down and gets angry and cries.
She has no concept of personal space and is always in your bubble. If you are in a small kitchen she will stand in the middle and not move out of your way. If you are walking she walks into you constantly.
She is socially inept and very embarrasing in public with wait staff.
Growing up without a dad, she gave us very basic food and shelter, she never taught us to bathe, clean, how to read, and we never had any two way conversation. she talks at me not with me. If she cooked it was extremely unsanitary like using molded food, or cutting veggies on the raw chicken cutting board.
When my father left when I was 7. She parentized me. I had to take care of her needs, sleep with her so she wasn't lonely and hold her when she cried. If i didn't she would wale and slam cupboards until i comforted her.
She was never interested in our school, homework or report cards.
If i had a concert she would come but complain about it for months that she was so lonely, all alone with no husband at my concert. I stopped asking her to come.
She says inapproprate things, like if no one is giving her attention at a family dinner, she will call my husband fat and bald.
If you talk to her...she will say "what?" at every sentance because she isn't listening or comprehending.

any advice would be so greatly appreciated...do you think this is autism?
She could have autism, but, as others have already suggested, frankly, it sounds like it's mixed with something else.
The thing that makes me think that is the fact that she parentised you-that's not normal for autistic people-parents.
But the obsession with one topic is a typical autistic trait.
As for the lack of food safety, I have no idea where that comes from.

She could have autism, but, as others have already suggested, frankly, it sounds like it's mixed with something else.
The thing that makes me think that is the fact that she parentised you-that's not normal for autistic people-parents.
But the obsession with one topic is a typical autistic trait.
As for the lack of food safety, I have no idea where that comes from.

Thank you for that info. Very interesting that Austistics don't parentize.
She has 90% of Narcissistic personality traits...but here is where people were kind enough to help me out :)

Louise~
"...I dont know if there was a way for me to send this privately or what..."

Yes, there are PMs/private messages aka Conversations possible.
This link contains information about some features of AC.
https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/how-to-use-our-forum-software-faq.5321/
I haven't read all the replies and also I'm very new to this site. Signed up like 1/2 an hour ago! So I don't still don't know what the heck I'm doing. But I just had to say that ive had frens in really similar situations. Eventually they have moved in with my family. Their mum has a personality disorder and was recommended to a professional facility. It sounds unfortunately as tho your mum does too. Histrionic or narcissist perhaps as others have said. Mostly I just wanted to say that what others have previously said was right! And made me so so happy to hear. Such as you have done nothing to make you unlovable! All, especially children deserve to feel safe, secure and deeply loved. It makes me angry when I hear how parents who have been blessed with amazing kids mistreat, neglect or even abuse them! Sometimes there isnt anything good about those people. Its so not true that every body has a good heart. Maybe they once did, as a child but perhaps not any longer. I've seen how draining being in a relationship with a toxic person is! So I want to encourage you to continue to love your mum, and it's awesome that you are trying to learn about her rather than judge her. And to also love yourself! After surviving thru what you have and still coming out as, I assume a loving person is really an incredible feat. And I'm really proud of you. With the family I spoke of before. One of the kids has completely turned their life around whereas the other is following in their mothers dangerous footsteps. Ultimately causing chaos wherever they go.

So anyway this is way longer than I intended and I dont know if there was a way for me to send this privately or what... also I recommend you take a look at David Riddel and his work. He is an awesome psychologist. He speaks about toxic people and people with PD. His audio or podcasts are great.

Louise...thank you so much for your kind words. It made me cry.
I will totally check out David Riddel.
Welcome to the forum! I can tell you will help many :)
Much Love
Melly

Louise...thank you so much for your kind words. It made me cry.
I will totally check out David Riddel.
Welcome to the forum! I can tell you will help many :)
Much Love
Melly
Thank you Melly :) I hope you find the answers your looking for. God bless you

I am glad I wasn't the only one thinking of narcissism. You see, every time I see people talk online about the possibility of their mom or dad being autistic, they always sound narcissistic and that goes for the ones who say their parent is diagnosed as autistic.

New Threads

Top Bottom