• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

More On Time

OkRad

μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος οὐλομένην
V.I.P Member
I was fascinate by the post before this one on Time. This has been an obsession of mine since I was aware of my autism. It hit like a fury at age 14 and the first thing I noticed was a HUGE difference in the way I experienced Time compared to friends. Suddenly Time dragged and I mean dragged. What it really was was that my thoughts sped up, like really sped up.

I could do and think way more faster and faster. And I actually because hyper and faster. Going to the store was so annoyoing because people would be like turtles.

So I started to research on little animals that they think do perceive Time differently.

I think this is behind Stimming, too. I started to chew gum, like 500 pieces a day. It brought Time back into the NT world for me. It may have seemed like 5 hours went by but it was 1/2 hour. I can tell it was 1/2 because I only chewed 4 packs of gum.

I also started to do other things like rock and walk obsessively. So I could tell it was two hours and not 12 because I walk my route.

The human body is not like the human mind. The Human mind has no boundaries. I think I am trying to say that STIMS are a way to bring boundaries to a mind that has gone out on all directions.

Does this make sense or is this just one of the way I made sense of my own autism? We are all so different. That's why Autistic people are exciting and interesting and NTs are zzzzzzzz. Just kidding. I love a lot of NT's :)

I was fascinate by the post before this one on Time. This has been an obsession of mine since I was aware of my autism. It hit like a fury at age 14 and the first thing I noticed was a HUGE difference in the way I experienced Time compared to friends. Suddenly Time dragged and I mean dragged. What it really was was that my thoughts sped up, like really sped up.

I could do and think way more faster and faster. And I actually because hyper and faster. Going to the store was so annoyoing because people would be like turtles.

So I started to research on little animals that they think do perceive Time differently.

I think this is behind Stimming, too. I started to chew gum, like 500 pieces a day. It brought Time back into the NT world for me. It may have seemed like 5 hours went by but it was 1/2 hour. I can tell it was 1/2 because I only chewed 4 packs of gum.

I also started to do other things like rock and walk obsessively. So I could tell it was two hours and not 12 because I walk my route.

The human body is not like the human mind. The Human mind has no boundaries. I think I am trying to say that STIMS are a way to bring boundaries to a mind that has gone out on all directions.

Does this make sense or is this just one of the way I made sense of my own autism? We are all so different. That's why Autistic people are exciting and interesting and NTs are zzzzzzzz. Just kidding. I love a lot of NT's :)[/QUO

Does this make sense or is this just one of the way I made sense of my own autism? We are all so different. That's why Autistic people are exciting and interesting and NTs are zzzzzzzz. Just kidding. I love a lot of NT's :)
It makes sense and ive felt the same way alot of times in my life so far im 25 and when id go to the store it would be boring because everyone would be so slow to get where they wanted to go and then id either have to say excuse me or walk around. And ive never had my thoughts really speed up but the actual days sometimes seem to speed up or slow down. i have mild autism - aspergers and add and i still dont know what stimming means so i dont know if ive experienced stimming or not. my dad told me chewing too much gum can be bad for your teeth. do you mean rock climbing ? The Human mind has no boundaries where The Human Body has boundaries.

New Threads

Top Bottom