• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Money management

Some good points raised about impulse purchases.

I cringe at the existence of Amazon at how it can so easily enable impulse-buying online. After all, it's the store that literally has damn near everything. Especially things you can't even find anywhere else over the counter.

They make it too easy. Forcing us all to focus on our own financial self-discipline and little else.

I totally agree. I abhor Amazon and their “prime” membership. I will not do it despite missing the option to watch their movies and shows like “The man in the High Tower.” I live in a very urban region, yet my neighbor orders his laundry soap and toilet paper from Amazon. Ridiculous. I support local shops, and local business owners whenever possible. I am very environmental minded, and do not support all that shipping, and transportation of items readily gotten locally.

It’s great only for the odd unusual item I truly need, and get anywhere else. I really think hard before oredering anything online. Online shopping encourages impulse shopping, over extending credit, and massive amounts of stuff we do not need, but are psychologically told to buy.

I totally agree. I abhor Amazon and their “prime” membership. I will not do it despite missing the option to watch their movies and shows like “The man in the High Tower.” I live in a very urban region, yet my neighbor orders his laundry soap and toilet paper from Amazon. Ridiculous. I support local shops, and local business owners whenever possible. I am very environmental minded, and do not support all that shipping, and transportation of items readily gotten locally.

It’s great only for the odd unusual item I truly need, and get anywhere else. I really think hard before oredering anything online. Online shopping encourages impulse shopping, over extending credit, and massive amounts of stuff we do not need, but are psychologically told to buy.

My only problem with the Prime membership is the fact due to the pants Postal service round here, the 1 day deliveries promised by Prime rarely happen, although apparently it does say in the "small print" that 1 day delivery isn't available in all areas.

New Threads

Top Bottom