• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lost in Limbo, HELP ME!!! Lol

I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, Do I have ASD?

I have PDD-NOS, I feel that I have high functioning autism. I can’t do a conversation well when people are talking (often think they are talking to me which usually just ends up in being laughed at), I flap my hands often and make a whistle sound when I do it (though I have thought my self not to do it around others due to people laughing at me) I notice details that others don’t, I always go over to my friends house Friday-Saturday and some times stay Sunday (he invites my buddies over and we hang out), I make friends well but and seen as a bit awkward to some. I am obsessed with RuneScape (and other grindy games toontown, wow etc) and have a small YouTube channel where I make videos every so often, I also love working on things and general manufacturing(love building things in general as a kid legos and love to paint models, love to work on cars usually my 2009 mini cooper s).

I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at the age of 7 in first grade. I was held back in kindergarten, I also have ADHD. There are probably some details I’m just not noticing but all of these have been making me annoyed and I have been comparing my self to others a lot the past few years. Also might be important but I am 17.

Do I have ASD? (Obviously this won’t be super accurate as you guys don’t know my day to day life but this is just a quick generalization of how I feel). (Adding on to this as well, I am a very good visual learner but I am not good and being tonight through words. In school i love history and finance and Spanish but hate math and English. I also stutter often, i also listen to asmr almost Avery night, and if I am it’s usually if not always the same YouTuber.

I also don’t like and don’t understand sarcasm is makes me mad and I don’t know how to respond properly, I don’t know if I should fake laugh or just keep doing what I normally do and just kinda scoff. I also suffer from epilepsy specifically TLE if that helps. I also find myself starting for long periods of time, not necessarily at some one or something but just space out.).

Hello and welcome.

If I recall correctly, DSM 5 includes "grandfathering" anyone with the previous PDD-NOS diagnosis (DSM IV) into the general ASD umbrella.

(DSM = "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders")

Regarding sarcasm - that's something that I struggled with understanding and responding to well into my 20s. I still sometimes struggle with identifying when someone is being sarcastic.

Last edited:
Welcome :)

Wow, another person with TLE! I have not met a lot of others who have it. I actually didn’t know what it was called for a lot of my life even though I have had seizures for a long time.
You sound similar to me in a lot of other ways as well (but I’m in my late 20s.)

I hope you enjoy it here and find us helpful and supportive. There are definitely several people here who share an interest in gaming, so feel free to share about your interests and hobbies. I’m not a gamer myself but I’m enthusiastic about pretty much anything that makes anyone happy lol

Make yourself at home, and don’t be afraid to ask questions! :)

I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, Do I have ASD?

I have PDD-NOS, I feel that I have high functioning autism. I can’t do a conversation well when people are talking (often think they are talking to me which usually just ends up in being laughed at), I flap my hands often and make a whistle sound when I do it (though I have thought my self not to do it around others due to people laughing at me) I notice details that others don’t, I always go over to my friends house firday-Saturday and some times stay Sunday (he invites my buddies over and we hang out), I make friends well but and seen as a bit awkward to some. I am obsessed with RuneScape (and other grindy games toontown, wow etc) and have a small YouTube channel where I make videos every so often, I also love working on things and general manufacturing(love building things in general as a kid legos and love to paint models, love to work on cars usually my 2009 mini cooper s). I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at the age of 7 in first grade. I was held back in kindergarten, I also have ADHD. There are probably some details I’m just not noticing but all of these have been making me annoyed and I have been comparing my self to others a lot the past few years. Also might be important but I am 17. Do I have ASD? (Obviously this won’t be super accurate as you guys don’t know my day to day life but this is just a quick generalization of how I feel). (Adding on to this as well, I am a very good visual learner but I am not good and being tonight through words. In school i love history and finance and Spanish but hate math and English. I also stutter often, i also listen to asmr almost Avery night, and if I am it’s usually if not always the same YouTuber. I also don’t like and don’t understand sarcasm is makes me mad and I don’t know how to respond properly, I don’t know if I should fake laugh or just keep doing what I normally do and just kinda scoff. I also suffer from epilepsy specifically TLE if that helps. I also find myself starting for long periods of time, not necessarily at some one or something but just space out.).
Heyy dude, welcome! I'm 17 too, it's okay dude, if you have ASD it just means you're awesome at things that others aren't <3

Welcome aboard!
Hang around with us and I think you'll find you like it.
welcomeboard.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom