• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing you ate

peanut-butter-bread.jpg

Bread with peanut butter

THat bread & PB looks so iniviting! The last thing I ate was a few blueberries & strawberries.

I ate a pork chop for breakfast. I am on a strict ketogenic diet. High fat, high protein low carbohydrates. This diet has been shown to be effective in some epileptics at reducing seizures. There have also been some very limited tests of the diet on autism symptoms in children. The diet has been shown to raise the amount of GABA, a neurotransmitter, in the brain. It works by forcing your body to burn ketones instead of glucose. The metabolism of ketones in the brain is what raises GABA. I have been on the diet for about a week and in addition to the high fat high protein I also eliminated all gluten and dairy. Yesterday I felt more calm than usual. Placebo effect? Maybe, time will tell. I am taking vitamin and mineral supplements and exercising with dumbbells. For carbs I select fruits and vegies. I have lost 10 lbs as a side benefit of the diet and i am at my college days weight. I still have some fat around the abdomen and intend to get down to my fighting weight (about 10 more pounds.) Not bad for a 63 year old Eh?

I ate another pork chop for dinner, wasted nothing, except the bone, ate fat, grizzle and meat. That was it for the day 2 chops, coffee and water.

Pavlova desert. I will see if I can upload a picture I took of it later.

Hey there, Loomis: I know you're cutting back but please nourish your body & brain. Don't develop Manorexia on us!!!

I had a cup of Earl Grey tea with 1 slice of multi grain toast (lightly toasted to prevent excessive crumbs). I cut it diagonally & add crunchy PB to one side & sugar free strawberry jam to the other BUT the triangles must not touch or smoosh together making a horrific mess that'll get all over my fingers (A Soup The Aspie NO-NO!)

JUST had a rather good size Texas ribeye steak :D Bought it at the grocery store earlier this afternoon, and grilled it this evening. The sauce was a mix of BBQ Sauce and maple syrup (sorry not giving out specifics lol). I grilled it over charcoal cuz I never use propane. It just ain't proper to use gas and ruin a perfectly good steak. After all, half the fun is in the grilling, is it not? :)

via_greg_a_tasty_kentucky_bbq_p1.jpg

Who doesn't like a barbeque?

Haha.

Anyway I just ate beancurd... Smooth.

This is what beancurd/douhua/tau huay looks like:

Tau-Huay.jpg

I had ravioli with some rather spicy tomato sauce and some green olives.

2013-04-06-873.jpg

It's one of those things I can manage to prepare and not turn the entire kitchen into a warzone.

yellow gala apple that has frozen & thawed repeatedly in the back room...

New Threads

Top Bottom