• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lady Gaga

I don't dislike Lady Gaga. It's not exactly my type of music, though. However, after hearing the Top Hits station on repeat at work for months, I will admit she's one of the better 'pop' musicians out today. Her and Katy Perry (and yes, new Britney) are the only tolerable songs on the top 20 playlist in my opinion. Not stuff I'd run home and download or anything, but not what I'd consider to bad. Then again, just not my taste in music. I'm not one of those people who just hate pop stars for the sake of hating pop stars.

But what does peeve me is when people take it a bit too far and call her an artist (even as far as artistic genius). What bothers me, is that I know they don't mean her music. Her music is still rather standard-pop and doesn't scream creative genius in that sense, but they unintentionally mean her style of dress and her being 'weird'. I do actually like that about her, in all honesty, but it's not something she just pulled out of nothing, either. My interest in design and weird art spread to fashion at many points and she is a direct copy of many things pulled out of more avant garde runway shows that have been around for years (Alexander McQueen is one that particularly comes to mind).

Many people who are into pop music today, I'm guessing, forget about the amount of singers from the 80s who went in similar directions as well (Grace Jones, Bowie's Ziggy Stardust phase comes to mind,but I'm positive there's way more).

But to cut the rant short, I don't dislike her by any means. I just get annoyed when people go off on the "artistic genius" road with it. As far as the modern pop scene goes, she certainly is one of the better ones in my opinion.

I don't dislike Lady Gaga. It's not exactly my type of music, though. However, after hearing the Top Hits station on repeat at work for months, I will admit she's one of the better 'pop' musicians out today. Her and Katy Perry (and yes, new Britney) are the only tolerable songs on the top 20 playlist in my opinion.

I agree.

If I'm in the right mood I'll listen to Lady Gaga, but it's definitely not something I'd want to listen to for anything longer than fifteen or twenty minutes straight.

The sad truth is that Lady Gaga is one of the only tolerable chart-topping artists of today.

I think she's alright; I'm not the biggest fan of her music but I'll listen to some of her songs if I'm in the mood.

lady-gaga-eminem_l.jpg

I like born this way and the acoustic version of paparazzi. I didn't like the video for born this way. I liked the message of the song, and the video had nothing to do with it. It was too flashy and overshadowed the song, as if the message of the song was irrelevant. So as dumb as this sounds, if we are talking about a visual representation of the song, I like the glee version better, at least it tied into the message.

I like born this way and the acoustic version of paparazzi. I didn't like the video for born this way. I liked the message of the song, and the video had nothing to do with it. It was too flashy and overshadowed the song, as if the message of the song was irrelevant. So as dumb as this sounds, if we are talking about a visual representation of the song, I like the glee version better, at least it tied into the message.
I agree.

New Threads

Top Bottom