• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've decided I want to become a physical therapist.

So, here is an update. I found out that The University of Baltimore offers a doctorate program in physical therapy. The program itself doesn't even look bad. Basically I'll be taking three classes each semester, there is three semesters per year. It's really only two years of classes, with the final year being an internship. Most of the work will be getting to the point where I can enter the program. From what I understand I have some choices on what I can take my AA and bachelors in. Baltimore city college offers an AA program for PTA(physical therapy assistant), but I'd have to take all these prerequisites and not only that, the bus I'd have to take to go there goes through a really bad area of Baltimore city. From what I understand, I only need to take certain prerequisite classes and my AA and bachelors can be in anything. I just need to make sure I have a 3.5 GPA by the time I apply at UMBC. I am probably going to get an AA in biology, or some kind of science AA since most of those required courses will be a part of a science major. I'm going to UMBC next week in order to talk to someone there.
Excellent plan! Wish you the best!

New Threads

Top Bottom