• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this you?

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
Something like this was me in spades. One weekend a very nice girl called me up to ask questions about genetics. Did I pick up my book to go to her house to study? Noooooo. I just rattled off the answers. It took me years to recognize what happened. I still facepalm about that to this day.
Sam Salem on TikTok

Last edited:
Something like this was me in spades. One weekend a very nice girl called me up to ask questions about genetics. Did I pick up my book to go to her house to study? Noooooo. I just rattled off the answers. It took me years to recognize what happened. I still facepalm about that to this day.
https://video.fbkk5-4.fna.fbcdn.net...zTzgD4QQGZgOgTOMIP5EYAAxMEp-j6SBw&oe=626A21B0

Yes, this was me in high school. I was so clueless, that a majorette (cheerleader) asked me out to a prom dance, and I assumed it was a joke. Then when I did not respond right away, a couple of her girlfriends came to me and told me she seriously wanted to go out with me. And I still did nothing, because I had never been on a date and I did not know how to dance. So, I was probably worse than you were, Gerald!

I had a fit when a guy kissed me walking home from Jr high. I loudly complained to my mom. I was so upset. He was just smitten. He was a really cute guy.

I really almost died from shock when a couple was seriously going at it in the back staircase in high school when the halls were empty. Lol

So, I was probably worse than you were, Gerald!
Why is it that we are our worst enemy in avoiding happiness and connection? But I think we know the answer.

Can it get worst than me? Still inexperienced and never having dated, in college a woman invited me to do the horizontal tango and I was panic stricken. How sad is that?

If she called to ask questions, why would you suddenly show up at her house?
From her compliments and the hints she was giving me, like how to get the answer from basic information, it seems obvious now that she wanted me to come over in hopes of connecting. I later learned that she had a crush on me (at one of the only class reunions I attended) and that makes me sadder yet.

Last edited:
Why is it that we are our worst enemy in avoiding happiness and connection? But I think we know the answer.

Can it get worst than me? Still inexperienced and never having dated, in college a woman invited me to do the horizontal tango and I was panic stricken. How sad is that?

From her compliments and the hints she was giving me, like how to get the answer from basic information, it seems obvious now that she wanted me to come over in hopes of connecting. I later learned that she had a crush on me (at one of the only class reunions I attended) and that makes me sadder yet.

Not sure if either of us was worse than the other. Let’s just say we were equal. Yeah, I had missed opportunities in college, and did not experience success until 7-8 years after graduating from college.

I try to avoid thinking the past because there is no way to go back and change the past. The only benefit to me was during my ASD assessment, when I had do share experiences clear back to early childhood.

Not sure if either of us was worse than the other. Let’s just say we were equal. Yeah, I had missed opportunities in college, and did not experience success until 7-8 years after graduating from college.

I try to avoid thinking the past because there is no way to go back and change the past. The only benefit to me was during my ASD assessment, when I had do share experiences clear back to early childhood.
I did a lot of work and will not relitigate the past because it made the me that is enjoying life and have some pretty good relationships. A local couple I met in a chat group has been showing me around some of Thailand. I am enjoying it and they are happy that I am relishing the food with gusto. I have found in my travels that enjoying the local food is a way to enjoy the people. Despite me having learned some phrases the people here seem reticent engaging with farang, leaving me puzzled, as most of their english is better than my thai. But, maybe foreign visitors have not behaved well.

Sam Salem on TikTok

You probably did the best you could do at that moment with the resources and knowledge available.

I had many of those myself, so I can relate. :confused:

Sam Salem on TikTok
One time I was totally clueless that a girl was coming on to me, until she sat on my lap and proceeded to try and suck my teeth out. I was finally able to figure it out.

Mr. Clueless, in that situation:

"Err excuse miss, But I was not in any need of mouth to mouth resuscitation..." :frowning:

"Oh you want to heart massage me too, oh I assure you I am in no need of cardiac assistance," :expressionless:

"And why are you sitting on me like that, there are perfectly good seating accommodation over there, way over there in the far distance. :neutral:

"Miss , why are you taking your clothes off, are you having a hot flash? I was just watching the news today, very informative, report, about a women who ha...... :tongueout:

Beginning to figure things out...:relaxed:

I had one woman sit on the desk I was sitting in front of she sat on the desk facing me. think she was trying to flirt, no sure over 40 years ago. could have been joke it was in sales department of small company. I sat among the sales reps during breaks at a empty desk just to watch the inter action's.

Yeah, those are the types I have dreams about. The one's that get away. Had one last night.. "G---" I knew her years ago. Failed to notice possible signs of interest. Not gonna cry about it or anything, though. I sometimes wonder what it be like, though, in another timeline. Like why do I have dreams about her, where we meant to be together or something!!?!?! is she my soulmate, and I messed it up!!?.....aw well

Yeah, those are the types I have dreams about. The one's that get away. Had one last night.. "G---" I knew her years ago. Failed to notice possible signs of interest. Not gonna cry about it or anything, though. I sometimes wonder what it be like, though, in another timeline. Like why do I have dreams about her, where we meant to be together or something!!?!?! is she my soulmate, and I messed it up!!?.....aw well
I have had such thoughts, but when I met my spouse and she accepted me I felt so over-the-top joyous that I can only think that we were connected by the red string of fate.

New Threads

Top Bottom