• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is "Ghosting" common with someone with Aspergers?

That's the problem though. You can't tell my life story from a computer screen. I mean, I've had suicidal/self harming friends who have come to me. I'd call that high stakes.

Sorry, a single incident won't make you an expert in real-time conversation. Such things must be accrued over time and over a variety of real-life adult experiences. Not merely one. Besides, I'm talking about how your own words can make or break yourself- not others.

Sorry, a single incident won't make you an expert in real-time conversation. Such things must be accrued over time and over a variety of real-life experiences. Not merely one. Besides, I'm talking about how your own words can make or break yourself- not others.
I'm not talking about the words of others. Besides, that was merely the most important example. Also, these skills aren't that bad. But the skills in high stakes situations are derived from those in low stakes situations. I'm not your average aspie. I am very high functioning. About a year after I was diagnosed, I was reading through a list of symptoms. I found that I only exhibited 2 or 3.

[avarice is common to a lot of people on the as but if youve been intensively taught you will be different we were just to left cope as metaphorical blind deaf beings expected to learn even though we COULDNT hear or see
when you have to be completely independent and seek all necessities and you(we) are still blind deaf (you will never be this re evaluate your inexperienced argument and see what your conclusion is) life is hard comes nowhere close to the inequality we suffer you benefitted from our sufferingQUOTE="SomeRandomAspie, post: 411137, member: 17763"]Here's the flaw in your argument, yeah life isrd, but you're assuming no conversation I do is high stakes. For the most part this is true, however, a high stakes conversation and a low stakes conversation with peer pressure can feel the same. If someone does well in one it's likely they'll do well in the other. It's all about pressure and I love pressure. I studied human psychology and from that studying I've learned to examine pupil dialation. I can't be compared to most neurotypicals or aspies. I guess it's because of my strange circumstances that shaped who I am. Unlike most aspies I have quite a fearsome avarice which I've tried to tone down (only partially successfully).[/QUOTE]
Here's the flaw in your argument, yeah life is hard, but you're assuming no conversation I do is high stakes. For the most part this is true, however, a high stakes conversation and a low stakes conversation with peer pressure can feel the same. If someone does well in one it's likely they'll do well in the other. It's all about pressure and I love pressure. I studied human psychology and from that studying I've learned to examine pupil dialation. I can't be compared to most neurotypicals or aspies. I guess it's because of my strange circumstances that shaped who I am. Unlike most aspies I have quite a fearsome avarice which I've tried to tone down (only partially successfully).

**!!IMPORTANT!!** sorry if this sounds conceited or egocentric.

I'm not talking about the words of others. Besides, that was merely the most important example. Also, these skills aren't that bad. But the skills in high stakes situations are derived from those in low stakes situations. I'm not your average aspie. I am very high functioning.

There are no "average" Aspies. We all occupy different parts of the spectrum with varying degrees of traits and behaviors. Many of us here are high-functioning. Though the term is quite relative.

That's fine to have an abundance of youthful confidence. Especially when it hasn't been tested by adult standards. Which remains the point that seems to allude you.

You haven't experienced such things which carry severe consequences, so there's no reason you should heed what I'm saying. I get that. You aren't alone. And it has nothing to do with neurodiversity. And everything to do with being a teenager. ;)

"Been there, done that, got the t-shirt." Nuff said.

Last edited:
[avarice is common to a lot of people on the as but if youve been intensively taught you will be different we were just to left cope as metaphorical blind deaf beings expected to learn even though we COULDNT hear or see
when you have to be completely independent and seek all necessities and you(we) are still blind deaf (you will never be this re evaluate your inexperienced argument and see what your conclusion is) life is hard comes nowhere close to the inequality we suffer you benefitted from our sufferingQUOTE="SomeRandomAspie, post: 411137, member: 17763"]Here's the flaw in your argument, yeah life isrd, but you're assuming no conversation I do is high stakes. For the most part this is true, however, a high stakes conversation and a low stakes conversation with peer pressure can feel the same. If someone does well in one it's likely they'll do well in the other. It's all about pressure and I love pressure. I studied human psychology and from that studying I've learned to examine pupil dialation. I can't be compared to most neurotypicals or aspies. I guess it's because of my strange circumstances that shaped who I am. Unlike most aspies I have quite a fearsome avarice which I've tried to tone down (only partially successfully).
[/QUOTE]
You do realize that you're not literally blind and deaf. That means, go to the internet, there is a lot of knowledge and if you analyze the neurology of a neurotypicals you can construct your own coping mechanism. I was given a coping mechanism but I didn't like it, so I made my own.

thats what metaphorical means you are obviously still at the HAVENT suffered stage nobody can change my mind age and arrogant to bootYou do realize that you're not literally blind and deaf. That means, go to the internet, there is a lot of knowledge and if you analyze the neurology of a neurotypicals you can construct your own coping mechanism. I was given a coping mechanism but I didn't like it, so I made my own.[/QUOTE]

There are no "average" Aspies. We all occupy different parts of the spectrum with varying degrees of traits and behaviors. Many of us here are high-functioning. Though the term is quite relative.

That's fine to have an abundance of youthful confidence. Especially when it hasn't been tested by adult standards. Which remains the point that seems to allude you.

You haven't experienced such things which carry severe consequences, so there's no reason you should heed what I'm saying. I get that. You aren't alone. And it has nothing to do with neurodiversity. And everything to do with being a teenager. ;)
Yeah, you're probably right and wrong. You're right in that I haven't been held to adult standards with consequences, however, I hold myself to adultish standards. By that I mean I just work almost all the time.

thats what metaphorical means you are obviously still at the HAVENT suffered stage nobody can change my mind age and arrogant to boot
You do realize that you're not literally blind and deaf. That means, go to the internet, there is a lot of knowledge and if you analyze the neurology of a neurotypicals you can construct your own coping mechanism. I was given a coping mechanism but I didn't like it, so I made my own.
[/QUOTE]try again you are obviously at the i believe iam more intelligent than anyone who disagrees with me stage sad what will have to experience to not have that belief

thats what metaphorical means you are obviously still at the HAVENT suffered stage nobody can change my mind age and arrogant to boot
[/QUOTE]
I get that it's not literal but if it's not literal the internet can explain.

Yeah, you're probably right and wrong. You're right in that I haven't been held to adult standards with consequences, however, I hold myself to adultish standards. By that I mean I just work almost all the time.

Acting the part isn't quite the same without the possibility of real and profound consequences.

Where "sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield".

try again you are obviously at the i believe iam more intelligent than anyone who disagrees with me stage sad what will have to experience to not have that belief[/QUOTE]
I'm not the smartest person on earth. Besides, being smart doesn't matter, it's all about process.

I'm not the smartest person on earth. Besides, being smart doesn't matter, it's all about process.

Intelligence or perceived clarity is no substitute for experience. Something you'll likely arrive at many years from now. If you manage to reach my age. After all, there are no guarantees...

I get that it's no substitute which is why I'm trying to learn as much and experience as much as I can. And it's pretty likely I'll reach your age, unless you're past 75. After that I'll just say "I made it" and die. But back on topic, I mean, I've practiced calculating sharpe ratios. That's more experience than most people my age have in my field of interest.

I do however agree that information is useless until you put it into practice.

Depends on the context. And in our case, one's neurology.

After all, some traits and behaviors can be modified with repetition and force of will. Some cannot, no matter how much information one may have at their fingertips.

Even more complex is the ability to mimic, yet be unable to master "being" Neurotypical, as opposed to simply appearing the part for a limited time. That for many of us, such "assets" are compartmentalized where we can only take advantage of them in part and not whole.

Where no matter how much practice one attempts, one is never perfect. Neurology as opposed to psychology.

Depends on the context. And in our case, one's neurology.

After all, some traits and behaviors can be modified with repetition and force of will. Some cannot, no matter how much information one may have at their fingertips.

Even more complex is the ability to mimic, yet be unable to master "being" Neurotypical, as opposed to simply appearing the part for a limited time. That for many of us, such "assets" are compartmentalized where we can only take advantage of them in part and not whole.

Where no matter how much practice one attempts, one is never perfect. Neurology as opposed to psychology.
I can't say I understand completely, I think in one compartment and speak with another, but I can sort of, not multitask, but do both of them at the same time. You just can't make generalizations. It's not a question of how hard our lives are, it's a question of our processes and how we interact.

Absolutely.

Always did it, still do..
Don't think there's anyone left to get rid of.

New Threads

Top Bottom