• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone else here a night owl?

Sounds like we're studying humans like a species of owls. :joycat:

Homo sapiens are untied by such animalistic instinctual compasses, like the rising of the sun. They are dependant upon the necessity of shopping and whether the stores are open. Whether the neighbors are loud, unheard or inexistent. Thick curtains or blinds.

However there is the concept of a mythical being named "the morning person."
Don’t forget we also are studied to be related to primates as well lol

I’m a diurnal falcon; sorry.

I worked 3rd shift for a year and it was terrible. Went home slept 4hrs then had to take a nap before I went in.

Staying up at night is detrimental to your health regardless.

Last edited:
Now I'm almost certain that you make a conscious effort to live up to your username. Either that or you just know yourself well enough to give yourself an apt title.

Sleep schedule.jpeg

I used to be a night owl. I felt the nights were more peaceful.
It's a bit of a pain when I had an early start and even 10:00 am appointments seemed like mission impossible.
I think people should be left to make their own choices, so long as those choices don't harm others, and I can't see how being a night owl would harm others, unless you disturb others sleep, which I am sure you don't.
I just wanted to give my mental health the best chance, as I am not getting any younger, so I go to bed at night and wake up in the morning, too early, but that is as I an detoxing off drugs.
I will always have a special place in my heart for the night times though.
I think in Winter, it's cheaper in the day, on my bills to go out, so I don't need the heating on in the day.
I get to see the people I need to, be it friends, or appointments.
I like waking up too early on the one hand, as it gives me more time to do stuff, but on the other hand, I don't like feeling drowsy in the afternoon, so my goal hours would be bed 10-11pm, up 6-7am, with the odd all-nighter thrown in for a "treat" with no chemical assistance.

I’ve been told to go to bed at night and even though I tried, I still get poor sleep. My parents keep on telling me to stop taking naps because it’s ruining my sleep, but the truth is I can stay up for over 24 hours and STILL get no sleep. Trying to stay up until bed is absolute torture for me and I can’t sleep properly.

I especially get annoyed when I keep hearing a bunch of ruckus such as lawn mowing and leaf blowing and constant screaming, because I’m an extremely light sleeper. No matter how hard I try I simply cannot be like normal people. I really might need to put up a do not disturb sign.

Anyone else relate?

New Threads

Top Bottom