• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Intense focus or obsession

I had a great family, for the most part, when I was growing up there was no such thing as Asperger's yet.

However it was a very sheltered upbringing for me, I had limited real exposure to much of the world around me, between home and church I had a good childhood.

I am glad you had a great family for the most part. Although we homeschool our children, we as parents do not shelter our children, but often get them out daily because of need, for contacts with persons at public activities, like for visits to libraries, shopping places, parks, entertainment and play places, restaurants, and things like that.

Now if only anyone paid attention... o_O

Maybe first start out by having someone contact your local libraries as they often can have events there to show people's art or photography, in the gallery room section of the library. They could set up an event for you, and the library could advertise that in their monthly newsletter. You could display several of your photos there at those libraries.

Your local newspaper could print a story too about your unique vintage photography of cars and people, and your nature photos, and they might be willing to write a story about that and do a press release. Explain to the readers why you got into that field, and your photography style and preferences, and what it means to you to captures those wonderful moments and things.

I am unsure though if you are ok with local public display, or prefer private displays? Or would you be ok with national displaying of your photography, too? You or someone who represents you could consider photography galleries and studios to display or sell your works, too. They might be amazed as well at what they see, and give you some suggestions.

I had a great family, for the most part, when I was growing up there was no such thing as Asperger's yet.

However it was a very sheltered upbringing for me, I had limited real exposure to much of the world around me, between home and church I had a good childhood.

I lived a pretty sheltered life when I was a kid. My parents are great people and I should be appreciating them much more than I do now, I feel like such an ungrateful snake. Asperger's was discovered in 1994, if I'm not mistaken? I was still a little kid. Even way past that year I have never had anyone mention it to me until recently. Deep down inside I just knew I was so very different...

New Threads

Top Bottom