• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Inner conversations

Have no idea if it an aspie thing or not, but lol I do this all the time, but trying to stop myself because it is causing me more trouble than it is helping. My husband was the one who got me to realise what I was/am doing. I feel angry when in life it does not turn out how I had invisaged it, which leaves me disappointed. My husband rightly said that I have no right to think for another. I had not realised I was, but I guess he is right and so, when I can feel myself going into the realm of having a conversation with the other person in my head, I try to stop, but it is sooo HARD to achieve and I soon find myself going there again and have to speak out loud and say, stop it, change your train of thought. What is the snag is that it is fun.

As I see it, there is nothing wrong with you having these conversations in your head. You (I) do it for a reason. We are simply mentally walking around the subject, and getting a feel for it's various possible outcomes. The problems come when we overlook this point. We do it so that we can have a better understanding of the responses that we get from others, and so that we can possibly anticipate what might be required from us when we have the "real" conversation.

Yes. Sometimes, it acts as a rehearsal, other times, it simply gets out of my system what I want to say but can't because it's impolite or hurtful. Sometimes, it does both, in that it gets the rubbish out of the way so that by the time I actually get to talk to the person, I come straight to the point rather than ramble on, and don't say anything hurtful either.

Yes, I just made a post about this, before I searched the topic, sorry. It just happens, usually when I'm relaxed and my eyes are closed. Pretty much my mom, dad, or therapist. Sometimes I'll find myself preaching a sermon to myself, and more knowledge able than my conscious sew. I can only remember bits and pieces after I open my eyes though.

New Threads

Top Bottom