• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

In the Star Wars prequels, was Anakin Skywalker Aspie

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

He showed some traits IMO, such as poor social skills, lack of empathy, obsessed with becoming THE most powerful Jedi etc.

Just been reading a post on a site about Darth Vader and it made me think.

Not that I could see. NTs can always have a few autistic traits. Though it doesn't make them autistic.

Given the regimen of Jedi training it seemed like they demanded total attention and obedience no matter who their Padawan in question might have been. Anything less than obsessed and they'd probably have failed.

Nope...I saw nothing to imply Anakin Skywalker was on the spectrum at least from George Lucas' perspective. Just a predictably obstinate young man who wanted it all without having to pay any dues.

Sounds like just someone's wishful thinking. Frankly I think autism would have proven to be a distraction to much of any main character created in the mind of George Lucas, who seemed primarily focused on good and evil.

Last edited:
More likely Anakin had Borderline Personality Disorder. He had a conflicted sense of self, he was only happy when putting himself at risk and he had turbulent relations with others (note his desperation not to be separated from Padme).

Last edited:
That cute little kid from Phantom Menace, having such a dark future ahead of him...
If I were in the Star Wars universe I would probably turn into a Dark Jedi against my will much like Anakin. I'd be like Anakin in terms of how emotional I am, first of all. As for the swings he experiences about Obi-Wan; he regrets disappointing Obi-Wan/he hates Obi-Wan. I do that in real life a lot, I'd hate to admit, during my anger issue moments. I'd get angry at someone else, and then redirect all the anger towards myself. I act out a lot, but I'm never violent (Anakin is not violent by nature but he did murder the Sand People out of vindictiveness and, of course, pure anger). However...I'm not as ambitions as Anakin; in fact I don't have any real ambitions in life.

More likely Anakin had Borderline Personality Disorder. He had a conflicted sense of self, he was only happy when putting himself at risk and he had turbulent relations with others (note his desperation to be separated from Padme).

I had no idea my Mom had the same disorder as Darth Vader! :eek: If only she had worn a black helmet and cape, it might have been easier to deal with her.:D Now if only I'd had a light saber to defend myself with....

That cute little kid from Phantom Menace, having such a dark future ahead of him...
If I were in the Star Wars universe I would probably turn into a Dark Jedi against my will much like Anakin. I'd be like Anakin in terms of how emotional I am, first of all. As for the swings he experiences about Obi-Wan; he regrets disappointing Obi-Wan/he hates Obi-Wan. I do that in real life a lot, I'd hate to admit, during my anger issue moments. I'd get angry at someone else, and then redirect all the anger towards myself. I act out a lot, but I'm never violent (Anakin is not violent by nature but he did murder the Sand People out of vindictiveness and, of course, pure anger). However...I'm not as ambitions as Anakin; in fact I don't have any real ambitions in life.

Just learning to be nice to the sandpeople is al, the ambitions you need :)

New Threads

Top Bottom