• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel devoid of physical energy.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I feel like I want to sleep all weekend long.

I feel like since I am a priority to nobody since everybody is too busy to visit me these days, all I want to do is sleep all weekend and all hours when I am not at my job.

I do not feel like eating or drinking, or even gaming or watching movies. Come, sweet sleep and let me forget how much reality sucks.

Then take a nap. Nourish yourself with lots of protein. Careful not to overstimulate with bright lights or loud sounds. No responsibilities other than paid work. And if you can take sick days, even better. Some weeks, it is necessary to have several days in a row with over 12 hours sleep per night, and naps in the day.

I feel like since I am a priority to nobody since everybody is too busy to visit me these days, all I want to do is sleep all weekend and all hours when I am not at my job.

I do not feel like eating or drinking, or even gaming or watching movies. Come, sweet sleep and let me forget how much reality sucks.
I'm feeling like that too. Only immediate family would come to my funeral, out of a sense of duty.

I hate waking up, the dream ships crashing on the sharp, jagged rocks of reality

Me too. I would miss how you are taking back your life. How you stand up to your family. How you have beat a lot of odds, and still move forward.

I apologize for my moment of weakness.

It is BS for me to be making posts like that.
I think that's probably something which happens to most autistics in some way. I don't know about you, but for me, it seems that I don't feel emotions except anxiety most of the time, but it doesn't mean the emotions aren't there, it means they're in a pressure cooker waiting to be set off. And when the pressure cooker does explode, then normal circumstances feel like world-ending events all of a sudden.

Textbook description of depresssion.

Most of the people I know would be very happy if I suddenly ceased to exist.
I'm new here, so I don't know you... yet I'm pretty confident in saying that the people you know would feel exactly the opposite of this. and I'm not one to waste my breath on platitudes.

I am currently experiencing the same thing re: energy and sleep. At these times, it takes so much more energy to even get up, get dressed, and put on an acceptably passable facade (I sometimes do it because I don't have the extra energy to spare explaining stuff when people inevitably ask me "what's wrong?").

Then take a nap. Nourish yourself with lots of protein. Careful not to overstimulate with bright lights or loud sounds. No responsibilities other than paid work. And if you can take sick days, even better. Some weeks, it is necessary to have several days in a row with over 12 hours sleep per night, and naps in the day.
Heaven. I dream of the day.

I now have expresso ice coffee protein shakes that came in the mail. Double expresso, whey protein. That really helps, oh, it comes in vanilla, carmel flavors, just bliss for me. It jump starts you, even if you feel depressed.

That's also a normal part of withdrawals, which isn't to say that there aren't other contributing factors.

Experiencing the same feelings.
I know there are things I need to do, but I just feel so tired and sleepy.
I hate waking up, the dream ships crashing on the sharp, jagged rocks of reality
Exactly.
And the dreams make it all the worse when I do wake up because I feel like myself with energy and will in the dreams.
Then the waking comes and there is the usual pain of body and daily troubles.
I just started feeling so much this way about 6 months ago.
Part depression and part physical ailments.

Experiencing the same feelings.
I know there are things I need to do, but I just feel so tired and sleepy.

Exactly.
And the dreams make it all the worse when I do wake up because I feel like myself with energy and will in the dreams.
Then the waking comes and there is the usual pain of body and daily troubles.
I just started feeling so much this way about 6 months ago.
Part depression and part physical ailments.
I have chronic pain too, my sympathys!

New Threads

Top Bottom