• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't think I am the only Aspie here who likes being naked.

I know that's how I should act but have been beat down about my size to the point I don't trust being in a situation that might end up crushing me even more. I try to not allow others to control how I act and what I do but just have had many unpleasant and soul destroying comments lobbied my way. It's no wonder why I don't trust many people as there are just too many vain and insensitive people out there. I don't think anybody can fully understand how crushing it can be till they have been in the same situation sadly. I don't tend to let others ruin things for me but this is one area I've had issues with since a young lad.
You're not as alone as you think.

As a young child, I'd always liked being nude - but it was always by myself. When I entered 7th grade, I started dreading PE class. Suddenly nude showers were mandatory. By itself, a nude shower wasn't a problem. But...!

I was probably the only uncircumcised boy the other guys had ever seen. They thought it was deformed and really razzed me about it. This completely blindsided me. I suddenly felt deformed, and it was yet another thing to be ridiculed about. (I had a lot of ridicule as a kid.) I developed a workaround of retracting my foreskin in the toilet stall before the shower to make it look "normal." I had to be quick about it because the sensation caused a different problem to arise. :flushed:

There was no education about any topic even remotely related to anatomy or gender, or sexuality. None. I learned about circumcision when, as a teenager, I read a book about a Jewish boy hiding from the Nazis. That's when I realized I was in the natural state and concluded that everyone else was a victim of ritual sexual mutilation. (LOL!) The changed point of view rocked my world.

Very many times, people react to one's self-image. They pick up on insecurity and run with it. Soul-destroying comments only have the power you give them by valuing the commenter's opinion. The opinion of a bully or a jerk ought not to matter. This is something one can learn.

When I went off to college (18), I got a job working as a nude model for art classes. Being accepted uncritically was like penicillin for an infection. I'd been living deep in a closet about it. Modeling cracked the door open. I got good references and found other local colleges with art programs. I have been naked in social settings a lot since then, and being uncirced has never been mentioned.

Four years later, I moved to California, where social nudity was far more common, and no closet was needed.

Last edited:
I live nude. I live in Florida, so don't have that many cold days, but cold is the only thing that will get clothes on me when I am home. Since I am now retired, I only have to dress to shop, etc,

I agree with the Reddit threads majority of answers that as the sensory aspect of not wanting the feel of clothing is a main reason many ASD people are nudists.
I know for me it certainly isn't because I'm there to see naked people.
It is for the sense of freedom from clothes.
It isn't a turn on either. Probably because I am asexual anyway.

I never liked the feel of clothes even as a child.
My parents weren't nudists, but it didn't bother them when they saw running around in the house without clothes was natural for me.
I only wear clothes in the house when it is a bit chilly. And that isn't often in Florida.

As far as the "moral" aspect, that is something concocted by humans and religions.
It is taught from baby on and accepted without question.
If we didn't think of it as a sin and forbidden fruit, people would think nothing of it.
But humans are always excited about forbidden fruit.
They giggle and think they've done something cute when they feel they've
sneaked around and do things forbidden by laws and the human race.
And that applies to anything. Not just nudity.

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that nudists would probably be very open to connecting with others. I could also see very little reason to be afraid of things like public speaking (one of the most common fears people have) if you've already gotten past the barrier of not wearing clothes around others.

I personally love clothes, but they're definitely an intentional barrier. Honestly, I feel less anxious around others when I'm wearing multiple layers, hats, sunglasses, etc, almost like they can't see the real me or something. But of course, I'm still a bit 'spiky' (as one user on here put it) in order to keep others away, which is in line with having less vulnerabilities and more of a distance between myself and others.

I see a direct correlation between the two, though. It definitely makes sense to my brain at least.

If we were meant to be naked, we would have been born that way.

Seriously, I can take it or leave it. Aside from staying warm, clothes are sometimes a screen to hide behind. I tend to be a bit cautious about who I let get close to me. Nudism takes a bit of courage to cast aside vulnerabilities. I can imagine instances where it would be comforting to open up with others who are able to open up as well.

It is for the sense of freedom from clothes.
It isn't a turn on either. Probably because I am asexual anyway.

I
It isn't a turn on for most nudists either. You've always got the odd exception, but most nudists are used to our natural form and so it's just normal. Those looking for a turn on usually find it isn't and don't come back (or in extreme cases are told to leave).

I would have been naked most of the time, but my parents weren't ok with that. Since I began living on my own, I only put clothes on to go out. If it is too cold, i put on a shirt. If it's  really cold, I'll put on several shirts. Basically, like Donald Duck.

I've been a bit of a nudist, on and off, but not for years now. I got into trouble with one of my kid's at a certain point. Just sun baking in the back yard, so I stopped altogether. I still sleep nude though. Here in Australia there are festivals one can go to
I went to my first when I was five, so nudity was very "normal" for me, growing up.

I even wrote a song about nudity and performed it nude at a nudist beach once.

Some of the lyrics were;
"The body is a divine temple,
Housing of the Holy Spirit,
Nude's not rude, no, it's just a part of the Goddess, just a part of me"

That's all I can remember. Long time ago.

I got arrested for nude swimming once. I was 16 and I'd just gotten back to Byron Bay from a nude festival where I'd been nude most of the time. I didn't have any swimmers/bathing suit, so I stripped off. I think my monotropic brain hadn't adjusted to mainstream civilization quick enough.

I still don't really like wearing shoes. I was literally barefoot and pregnant for YEARS. And I would breastfeed anywhere. No shame. Walking down the street. Shopping. Singing on stage (I was a reggae singer in a band for many years). I had 7 babies.

I have an ambition to go to more nude friendly festivals. I went to a semi nude festival early this year. I didn't though. Was self conscious about my middle age spread and I was with my oldest son and it felt weird. I enjoyed all the top less women and both genders bottoms, it felt normal and natural to me. And not in a creepy way. I'm not even gay, but I like seeing people getting healthy doses of sun on their bodies. It's sooo good for us!

I'm going to get in better shape this year and go to one in Northern Queensland, I hope, next year or the year after. I know it doesn't matter and nudists don't generally judge, but, I judge myself and I want to like what I see when I look down at myself.

The festivals are not about nudism, they are Music/Arts festivals but people love stripping off, here in Australia, it's soo hot here!

I love to sing and dance, and that's the main thing I like them for, and the people-watching is pretty cool. I like that they aren't strictly nudist festivals so no one cares either way. It's just a matter of "You do you" and I've never felt more comfortable around lots of people as I do at those festivals.
Once I was at one and I was pregnant with my oldest daughter and there was a mud pit where you could cover yourself in mud, so I got around totally nakey, big preggy belly and covered in mud. I'll never forget it!

One of the things I liked about summer. Wearing as few items of clothing as I wanted, with little possibility of anyone knocking on my door. I also had a live-in girlfriend who would often shed her bra as soon as we got home from work...but then that was more of ill-fitting articles of clothing than anything else. Always indoors though....with few exceptions like having a secluded high-rise patio to access.

almost like they can't see the real me or something
I have exactly the opposite feeling. When I am nude in a social setting, it feels like they see the REAL me and not the front I'm putting up. And they accept it! That is the purest music to my soul.

As I get older, the ravages of time set in. Other nudies don't care. You're just another human experiencing life. Only people who insist on sexualizing nudity have a problem with it.

I love to sing and dance, and that's the main thing I like them for, and the people-watching is pretty cool.
Me too. It started back in 1974 (!!!) with a college production of "Hair." There used to be a theater here with a nude standup show, but they haven't put one on for several months.

Australia has a huge population of nudists. Having all that empty land makes it easy. (New Zealand is the promised land for nudies.) There are (IIRC) 4 different World Naked Bike Rides in Australia. Melbourne, Sydney, and a couple of smaller cities I can't remember. Might Google it. People-watching is fascinating, with or without clothes.

Art classes will hire models with all body types. A steady diet of the young and trim is a poor way to develop one's skills.
I want to like what I see when I look down at myself.
All you can do is be the best you can be with whatever effort you are willing to put in. Any other goal is a prescription for feeling inadequate. Do not compare yourself with anyone else but yourself and even then, cut a lot of slack. You are perfectly fine how you are.

I have this annoying belly. When I tense my muscles, I see the landscape fine. If I relax, there's a hill in the way.

Me too. It started back in 1974 (!!!) with a college production of "Hair." There used to be a theater here with a nude standup show, but they haven't put one on for several months.

Australia has a huge population of nudists. Having all that empty land makes it easy. (New Zealand is the promised land for nudies.) There are (IIRC) 4 different World Naked Bike Rides in Australia. Melbourne, Sydney, and a couple of smaller cities I can't remember. Might Google it. People-watching is fascinating, with or without clothes.

Art classes will hire models with all body types. A steady diet of the young and trim is a poor way to develop one's skills.

All you can do is be the best you can be with whatever effort you are willing to put in. Any other goal is a prescription for feeling inadequate. Do not compare yourself with anyone else but yourself and even then, cut a lot of slack. You are perfectly fine how you are.

I have this annoying belly. When I tense my muscles, I see the landscape fine. If I relax, there's a hill in the way.
I've done nude modelling. First time when I was 11. But not since I was pregnant with my firstborn. It was too hard being pregs and I felt dizzy so I stopped.
I have some nice yoga and dance muscles but some I like food too much and the odd drink of booze tummy and back rolls and I've got a back injury too, so I'm waiting for some help with building back strength training without aggravating that injury. I don't get outside enough what with the agoraphobic tendencies and not driving a car.
I really want to go to festivals but I need capital and some noice cancelling head phones as I got horribly burnt out after that last one, for months and months.
Life modelling could be something I go back too, though.

We had a nude bike ride here in my village a few years ago.

I love walking around in my underwear, only because there are so many hidden camera options these days, l life surf in underwear. I get a lot of men who stare at me with my clothes on, so l wouldn't be comfortable at a nudist fair. But a nudist resort would be way cool, as l don't have hangups about bodies.

Less clothing is really a huge reason why I prefer warmer climates to colder ones. So much more comfortable to have so many less articles of clothing, whether too tight or too loose against one's skin.

As a small child I really hated clothes, Mum said she had trouble dressing me then half an hour later she'd find a pile of clothes next to the back door and I was gone.

Less clothing is really a huge reason why I prefer warmer climates to colder ones.
This is very true for me. When I was living out at Dundee I got away with wearing nothing a lot and I really enjoyed it, you could hear a car coming for miles down the road and always had plenty of time to throw a pair of shorts on. But that was the tropics, I didn't need clothes to keep warm. I didn't even own a pair of shoes for over a decade.

New Threads

Top Bottom