• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't think I am the only Aspie here who likes being naked.

I absolutely LOVE being naked! I don't get to do it often since I'm a grown adult living with my prudish parents, but when they leave the house for church on Sundays, I strip. I find I do like having undies on for hygiene and packing (I'm trans, FtM), but I prefer the sensory delight of having NOTHING on my skin, especially outside. Looking forward to top surgery so I can legally go shirtless outside more often. I've looked up nudist resorts in my area, and there's not much and I can't afford to go even if they were closer, so I just get naked whenever and wherever I can. Its one of my major impeti for moving out of my parents' place. Need to get naked more often!
Which state are you in? I assume you have checked the AANR and TNSF websites.

There are clubs that do not own land. They just travel from one place to another. Out here they bounce between leasing private facilities, visiting homes with pools, having special days at clubs, hitting distant beaches, and going to remote locations in the wild. I made a couple of trans friends thru a local nudist "travel" club. Both are MtF. What is important is that they are welcome at any of the SoCal events.

I'm mostly a solo nudist. It is a 2-hour commute to the nearest club. And then I have to pay a fee and my social skills suck. Nobody near me likes (or admits to liking) freehiking. So I head out to the wildlands nearby and spend the day alone. I take it slow and cover anywhere from 5 to 15 miles in a hike. That's what I'm up to in my avatar. Just me and my fanny pack.

Which state are you in? I assume you have checked the AANR and TNSF websites.

I live in Coastal Texas. Like I said, I've found a couple of outlets, but I have very few folks willing to go with me, and I'm on fixed income so can't afford the (reasonable) fees they ask at the resorts I've found. Its on my bucket list. In the meantime, meditation in the backyard in naught but me skivvies will have to do (as soon as the fence is repaired from the last hurricane!)

I live in Coastal Texas. Like I said, I've found a couple of outlets, but I have very few folks willing to go with me, and I'm on fixed income so can't afford the (reasonable) fees they ask at the resorts I've found. Its on my bucket list. In the meantime, meditation in the backyard in naught but me skivvies will have to do (as soon as the fence is repaired from the last hurricane!)
LOL! Few people are more than no people. The only place I know of in TX is Hippie Hollow, near Austin. Build the fence high and lose the skivvies.

i walk around half-naked,like i live in the jungle.
I actually did this for a while, literally chasing my food down if I wanted to eat. I DID live in a jungle.

I hate the restrictive feeling of clothes, but I have no desire to go and be with other naked people. Every major city in Australia has clothing optional beaches and I think that's nice, but I don't understand the point of a resort. Then again I don't understand the point of any form of resort, paying money to be surrounded by other people doesn't make sense to me.

I must be the opposite, I always like my clothes on . Loose clothing though.Sometimes I like my shirt off but only at home on occasion .

I actually did this for a while, literally chasing my food down if I wanted to eat. I DID live in a jungle.

I hate the restrictive feeling of clothes, but I have no desire to go and be with other naked people. Every major city in Australia has clothing optional beaches and I think that's nice, but I don't understand the point of a resort. Then again I don't understand the point of any form of resort, paying money to be surrounded by other people doesn't make sense to me.

how wild did it feel ? it brings out that side in me :tiger: :tigerface:,especially if i'm with someone,man or woman :tiger: :tigerface: (i'm bisexual,also happily single as i surprisingly seem to be) i'm happily lost in that same kind of jungle.

Then again I don't understand the point of any form of resort, paying money to be surrounded by other people doesn't make sense to me.

I think it can depend heavily on where you're from.

I'm from the US, specifically the midwest area, and the weather in this region is pretty much always very unstable. This area is sometimes known as Tornado Alley, which is just as much fun as it sounds (yeah, I had a horrible fear of storms and such as a kid, thanks to that). During winter, everything freezes, over and over, but the temperature still abruptly jumps up and down because... yeah, unstable. That constant swapping messes with me a lot. Air pressure changes always go with that and it hurts, physically.

Travelling down south, to a resort or whatever, is meant as a reprieve from winter, usually. As long as hurricanes arent happening the weather down there is typically stable and warm, and the ocean is nearby. That was the reason to go. It was never like, "oh hey this is a resort, so we should go" it was more "this area will be a good escape from the current weather, and this resort area just happens to be there, so lets go".

The trouble of course is crowds flocking to certain areas.

We dont go to resorts anymore, not in the traditional sense. My father bought a place on the island that we previously would go down to each year, so that we didnt have to stay in someone else's rented place, but even if you've got a place of your own, it's still basically a resort island (it's a very small island, and the entire thing is tourism-heavy) and that's the frustrating part of it. There are certain areas on it that can be pretty sparse, because tourists dont find those sections as interesting, but the areas they favor? Ye gods, what a freaking mess. Not to mention you get people coming down there daily who arent truly tourists, they just live on the mainland like 20 minutes from the bridge or something so they just pop down for a day at the beach when they feel like it.

Did I mention the island is really freaking small? There's only one way on or off (and if that bridge shuts down for any reason, you're in trouble), and exactly one main road that goes down the length of the island (very long and thin place). This does exactly what you'd think it would to the traffic.

That being said, the place is still utterly gorgeous. I can understand why the tourism industry is so heavy down there (this being off the Gulf-side coast of Florida). But like any resort area, it brings its own unique form of trouble. I dont envy those that work at the main hotels there. Gotta be kinda tough, keeping up with everyone.

I tell ya, we did not go during 2020. That area was a major hotspot for outbreaks. Because idiots just kept crowding up down there. I'm guessing a lot of resorts of all types (and the areas surrounding them) probably ran into this sort of issue.

how wild did it feel ? it brings out that side in me
To me it was mostly simple practicality. Clothes get worn and torn so I saved them for when I heard people coming. The same with shoes, if shoes get torn they're ruined, if your feet get torn they repair themselves. I didn't own a pair of shoes for over a decade.

Last edited:
To me it was mostly simple practicality. Clothes get worn and torn so I saved them for when I heard people coming. The same with shoes, if shoes get torn they're ruined, if your feet get torn the repair themselves. I didn't own a pair of shoes for over a decade.
Probably the longest I've gone nude is a couple of weeks camping along the Kern River, south of the Sierras. May is the perfect time of year for this. I was 24 and I had just quit my job. Kern River Valley is some really wild terrain.

There's a hot spring I was close to. During weekend days, people would come by on their whitewater rafts and kayaks and canoes and wave as they went by. (Nudity was not a shock back there. LOL!) People would hike out there for Saturday to soak, and the cloud of smoke from all the pot was thick. Everyone was friendly. I got high as a kite.

The rest of the time, I was alone. Deer and bears and other critters kept me company. I wasn't fishing, but I could see them in sheltered places.

Had to hike back to my car at the trailhead to get food every few days. I let my autistic flag fly the whole time, although I didn't know I was doing that at the time. About as close to heaven as it gets.

Being transgender, there are certain things about my body that I don't like. But even ignoring that, I just feel a little uncomfortable if I'm nude. I kind of need layers, or I feel oddly underdressed, even in pants and a T shirt.
The nudist clubs out here are very welcoming of trans folks. I am good friends with a couple.

Don't worry about liking, work on accepting. Every body is a good body.
I think it can depend heavily on where you're from.

I'm from the US, specifically the midwest area, and the weather in this region is pretty much always very unstable. This area is sometimes known as Tornado Alley, which is just as much fun as it sounds (yeah, I had a horrible fear of storms and such as a kid, thanks to that). During winter, everything freezes, over and over, but the temperature still abruptly jumps up and down because... yeah, unstable. That constant swapping messes with me a lot. Air pressure changes always go with that and it hurts, physically.

Travelling down south, to a resort or whatever, is meant as a reprieve from winter, usually. As long as hurricanes arent happening the weather down there is typically stable and warm, and the ocean is nearby. That was the reason to go. It was never like, "oh hey this is a resort, so we should go" it was more "this area will be a good escape from the current weather, and this resort area just happens to be there, so lets go".

The trouble of course is crowds flocking to certain areas.

We dont go to resorts anymore, not in the traditional sense. My father bought a place on the island that we previously would go down to each year, so that we didnt have to stay in someone else's rented place, but even if you've got a place of your own, it's still basically a resort island (it's a very small island, and the entire thing is tourism-heavy) and that's the frustrating part of it. There are certain areas on it that can be pretty sparse, because tourists dont find those sections as interesting, but the areas they favor? Ye gods, what a freaking mess. Not to mention you get people coming down there daily who arent truly tourists, they just live on the mainland like 20 minutes from the bridge or something so they just pop down for a day at the beach when they feel like it.

Did I mention the island is really freaking small? There's only one way on or off (and if that bridge shuts down for any reason, you're in trouble), and exactly one main road that goes down the length of the island (very long and thin place). This does exactly what you'd think it would to the traffic.

That being said, the place is still utterly gorgeous. I can understand why the tourism industry is so heavy down there (this being off the Gulf-side coast of Florida). But like any resort area, it brings its own unique form of trouble. I dont envy those that work at the main hotels there. Gotta be kinda tough, keeping up with everyone.

I tell ya, we did not go during 2020. That area was a major hotspot for outbreaks. Because idiots just kept crowding up down there. I'm guessing a lot of resorts of all types (and the areas surrounding them) probably ran into this sort of issue.
I am not a fan of resorts. If you have something else to do besides socialize, they are ok. They are usually in beautiful locations with friendly climates. The resort thing is great if you socialize well, and I don't. I end up leaving the resort to go do things on my own.

There are even a few nudist resorts within a few hours' drive of where I live, but I rarely visit them. Leaving to adventure on my own is not practical without having to dress. :D

My wife loves going on cruises. Until they get into a port, I usually hate them. Once they are in port, I'm off and exploring.

Last edited:
I like being naked. I don't like the sensation of wearing clothing, so I prefer not wearing it, even if I don't do that too often. I am a bit self conscious about my body though because I'm transgender, have a lot of body hair for my sex, and I have a lot of stretch marks in abnormal places, so I haven't been naked around other people. If I'm home alone sometimes I like to take my clothes off, and I've considered sleeping naked, but I live with other people so doing that is really iffy. lmao

I like being naked. I don't like the sensation of wearing clothing, so I prefer not wearing it, even if I don't do that too often. I am a bit self conscious about my body though because I'm transgender, have a lot of body hair for my sex, and I have a lot of stretch marks in abnormal places, so I haven't been naked around other people. If I'm home alone sometimes I like to take my clothes off, and I've considered sleeping naked, but I live with other people so doing that is really iffy. lmao
Those are all signs that you've lived a life. Hang out with nudists and I bet you'd feel a lot better about yourself.

I'm rather the opposite. I don't like clothes that are too floaty. My clothes have to have some weight to them so they don't move around too much. I hate cheap denim. We have a store here called Poundland, they sell clothing for (theoretically) low prices. I didnt have an awful lot of money at the time so bought a pair of jeans. But wearing them was horrible, they were too light and it felt like my skin had hundreds of spiders crawling on it. I can't even wear them as scruffs to do DIY or work on cars. All I can think about is the sensation of the fabric.

I'm often told off for walking around barefoot though. If it weren't for the relatively cold climate here I probably wouldn't wear shoes at all if people wouldn't protest against it lol!

But yeah, clothes for me have to have I guess a supportive feel, I don't think I can put it any better really. I guess I want my clothes to feel somewhere near the sensation of a pair of socks, like a second skin if that makes sense. But no I don't like Spandex! Lol! :smilecat:

I like to walk around barefoot, too. I don't do it too often though because everyone complains about me doing it, and basically acts like I'm going to step on something and then somehow drop dead. lmao

Mildred just described me very well. Jeans have to be a close fit and be real denim, not that stupid stretch stuff. In the 80s we'd buy a new pair of jeans, take them home, and drop them in a tub full of hot water for a few minutes. Then we'd pull them out of the hot water and immediately put them on so that they shrank to fit your body shape.

And shirts had to fit properly too. The whole point of clothes was to show off your body, not hide it.

And I DO live in a warmer climate, so I only ever wear shoes if it's a legal requirement.

So it's common to see me walking back from the bottle shop, tight jeans, blue singlet, bare feet and a carton of beer on one shoulder. Teaching the young ones a bit of old fashioned Aussie Cultcha!

Mildred just described me very well. Jeans have to be a close fit and be real denim, not that stupid stretch stuff. In the 80s we'd buy a new pair of jeans, take them home, and drop them in a tub full of hot water for a few minutes. Then we'd pull them out of the hot water and immediately put them on so that they shrank to fit your body shape.

And shirts had to fit properly too. The whole point of clothes was to show off your body, not hide it.

And I DO live in a warmer climate, so I only ever wear shoes if it's a legal requirement.

So it's common to see me walking back from the bottle shop, tight jeans, blue singlet, bare feet and a carton of beer on one shoulder. Teaching the young ones a bit of old fashioned Aussie Cultcha!
Ahh yes! Shrink to fit! I'm just old enough to remember that!

My family have a story about my uncle, who is rather square these days. He has quite the boring reserved image. But back in his wild years he bought a pair of Levi's, filled up the bath tub, put on his new jeans and got into the bath wearing them! Just like in the advert! The image of my uncle doing this seems ultra surreal to us all nowadays lol!

It was an era. I used to have to help my sister get dressed because her jeans were so tight that she couldn't do them up by herself. I asked her how she went to the toilet and she said she couldn't, she had to wait til she got home.

Clothes so tight they looked like they were painted on and lots of hair.

Making the jeans fit was a painful exercise, you had to put them on while they were hot.

New Threads

Top Bottom