• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am getting a weighted blanket

WereBear

License to Weird
V.I.P Member
I spent two nights in a hotel room to manage my six hours of diagnostic evaluation in a place four hours drive away. (Congratulations! It's an AspieGirl :) Actually, she said I'm "borderline" officially, but I definitely have High Functioning Autism.)

The neat thing is that both nights I folded my heavy room comforter into thirds and used it to approximate a weighted blanket, and it did wonders. I could feel the tension leaving my body.

So I will be ordering tonight, possibly from Mosaic Blanket, since I am intrigued by their "minky" fabric. I adored velvet when I was a little girl, and so I think that sounds like my kind of texture.

W00t w00t! Warmest, heartfelt congratulations on your official diagnosis of Ausomeness! :D

I have a weighted blanket from SensaCalm. I love it! Humans have deep-pressure receptors all over our bodies. Aspies and Auties often really benefit from weighted blankets. My experience is that for me, a smaller blanket at about 115 lbs helps me settle. I hope you love the minky fabric!

Please take extra good care of yourself today. That was a lot of testing.:sunflower:

115 pounds. That really heavy.

W00t w00t! Warmest, heartfelt congratulations on your official diagnosis of Ausomeness! :D

I have a weighted blanket from SensaCalm. I love it! Humans have deep-pressure receptors all over our bodies. Aspies and Auties often really benefit from weighted blankets. My experience is that for me, a smaller blanket at about 115 lbs helps me settle. I hope you love the minky fabric!

Please take extra good care of yourself today. That was a lot of testing.:sunflower:

Congrats on completing your diagnostics! And I am really curious now about these weighted blankets. I have been looking for something that is nice and heavy, but won't make me too warm, but I have not found it yet.

Funny thing is, we used to have a very heavy comforter, and while I loved it, my husband felt like he was being crushed. So when it wore out we got one that was not so heavy.

Really 115 pound, Warmheart, not a typo? I imagine it is not made of the usual blanket material, because wouldn't it rip?

I absolutly love my weighted blanket. Mine is 18lbs and came from Mosaic Blankets. Prior to having it, I would wake up nearly every hour or two thru the night during the warmer months of the year. Winter time I would have several comforters on the bed as I keep the heat turned down during the night. Wasn't till my diagnosis and discussing this with my therapist that I put them together. I ordered my blanket right after that. I take it anywhere I go that I will be staying overnight. Mike

New Threads

Top Bottom